Salt water damaging to unicycles?

Old July 30th 08, 09:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycledood

Default Salt water damaging to unicycles?

Just a quick question guys. Anyone got experiance with droping their uni
in sea water? or any simple facts anyone knows about what might happen
when a uni is totally submerged in water?

Just thinking about trying some frontflips off of the
warf/jettey/whatever you guys call them at a beach near by. Uni will
obviously get pretty wet.

I'll probably just take my foam seat off and go for it. Maybe put on my
gripy pedals lol.

Soooooo yeah, get back to me.

Edit: Second thought, I might just use my cruddy 16'' learner. But i'd
prefer to use my KH if the sea water isnt a problem.

--
unicycledood

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
haha, so young, yet so angry, damn that rap music.

Old July 30th 08, 09:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

If you have to do it make sure you wash it down with fresh water pretty
'anal'y afterwards.

athough i do not recommend putting anything mechanical in sal****er,
unicycles, bicycles, motor vehicles, toasters, other peoples nans.

salt rusts and corrodes(and makes chips nice).

--
tobbogonist

Top half: purple yowie
Bottom half: garden rake

leave that lying around.
Old July 30th 08, 09:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycledood

Yeah I figured as much. I'll do it on my $20 learner which is still in
its box.

I'll be taking it out of its box before sed activity of course.

--
unicycledood