Pretty funny - stopped on the bike path

Old June 25th 04, 02:08 AM
Badger_South

Default Pretty funny - stopped on the bike path

I was finishing my ride today when a guy flagged me down. At first I
thought he was warning me about something.

Him: "I watched you ride by and your seat is too low. That can cause knee
pain".

Me: "?"

Him: "Ride by again so I can check"

Me: "uh, ok, but I had it fitted at the bike shop" I ride back and forth
like 4-5 times.

Him: "You have the biggest quads I've ever seen, maybe I misjudged"

Me: "?"

Him: "OK, now I think you need to lower your seat 1/8 inch".

Me: "OK, I'll play around with the seat height, but I typically ride 100
miles per week and no knee pain, and I'm not rocking the hips at this
height; actually I've been planning on raising it b/c I think it's too
low".

I introduced myself and turns out (he says) he is a former national class
marathon runner and was an avid biker and he can easily 'spot' these kinds
of 'fit problems'.

Pretty funny. Actually I appreciated the big quads remark - but how often
do you meet a 'traveling bike fitter' on the trail? Haha.

-Badger

Old June 25th 04, 02:19 AM
The Real Bev

Badger_South wrote:

[...]

I might surmise that he found more than your quads attractive. Did he
check your butt to make SURE you weren't rocking?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 25th 04, 02:24 AM
S o r n i

The Real Bev wrote:
Badger_South wrote:

{snipz}

Pretty funny. Actually I appreciated the big quads remark - but how
often do you meet a 'traveling bike fitter' on the trail? Haha.

I might surmise that he found more than your quads attractive. Did he
check your butt to make SURE you weren't rocking?

Yeah, I was gonna say! He wasn't a friendly stranger in a black sedan, was
he?

Bill "aging myself with THAT" S.

Old June 25th 04, 02:28 AM
Luigi de Guzman

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 01:24:12 GMT, "S o r n i"
wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
Badger_South wrote:

{snipz}

Pretty funny. Actually I appreciated the big quads remark - but how
often do you meet a 'traveling bike fitter' on the trail? Haha.

I might surmise that he found more than your quads attractive. Did he
check your butt to make SURE you weren't rocking?

Yeah, I was gonna say! He wasn't a friendly stranger in a black sedan, was
he?

But he was handing out really good candy!

-Luigi

Bill "aging myself with THAT" S.

Old June 25th 04, 04:27 AM
Roger Zoul

Badger_South wrote:
:: I was finishing my ride today when a guy flagged me down. At first I
:: thought he was warning me about something.
::
[...]

I met one...he was riding by on a big bike....slowed down the say hi, then
commented that my seat was way too low. Later that day in the bike shop an
employed watched as I was on the trainer...ended up with my seat 2.5 inches
higher.

Old June 25th 04, 06:27 PM
amh

Badger_South wrote in message . ..
[...]

In a similar story a bunch of friends were hiking in Glacier National
Park when a guy flagged them down similarly. Turns out he was a pack
fitter for MountainSmith and he tuned up all the MountainSmith packs
around.

Did you end up raising or lowering the seat? Seems like an argument to
leave it where it was.

This guy has never seen Marth Nothstein?

Andy

-Badger

Old June 29th 04, 01:59 AM
Zippy the Pinhead

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:08:02 -0400, Badger_South
wrote:

Him: "You have the biggest quads I've ever seen, maybe I misjudged"

Funny. When I met him, the line he used on me was that he needed help
looking for his lost puppy.
Old June 29th 04, 05:57 AM
Michael J. Klein

wrote:

Him: "You have the biggest quads I've ever seen, maybe I misjudged"

Funny. When I met him, the line he used on me was that he needed help
looking for his lost puppy.

Funny when I met him, I caught him checking out my ass as I was
getting off my bike.

Michael J. Klein
Dasi Jen, Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings