A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Social Issues
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Should Cyclists Pack Guns?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #371  
Old May 3rd 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
evelyn
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 42
Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

On May 2, 8:50 pm, "Stephen Cowell" wrote:
"BrianNZ" wrote in message

...

evelyn wrote:


how do you know.? I could be bigger than you or stronger than you,
you are makine lots of assumptions because I assume I am a woman. You
have no idea of what kind of person i am, what type of shape I am in,
NOTHING.


Hmmmmm....you assume you are a woman!? Drop your pants and take a
look.....if you have a penis, you are a guy. Hope this helped clear that
assumption up for you.


Unless you are one of those confused individuals who has a penis but
prefers wearing womens clothes......


I want to grow up and be big, strong gun nuts
like you guys! I like the way you handle that
Evelyn pussy.... imagine, carrying a gun, yet
admitting there are gun problems in our society!

That's the good thing about being a gun nut...
plenty of small penis friends out there.
__
Steve
'06 FXDI
KI5YG
#0627
.


Uhm...yea, this is America, gun control is not a black - white issue,
there are many gray areas and there are lots of people who have the
same opinion as myself. why not have a intellegen conversation about
this?

Ads
  #372  
Old May 3rd 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
evelyn
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 42
Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

On May 2, 9:19 pm, BrianNZ wrote:
Stephen Cowell wrote:
"BrianNZ" wrote in message
...
evelyn wrote:


how do you know.? I could be bigger than you or stronger than you,
you are makine lots of assumptions because I assume I am a woman. You
have no idea of what kind of person i am, what type of shape I am in,
NOTHING.


Hmmmmm....you assume you are a woman!? Drop your pants and take a
look.....if you have a penis, you are a guy. Hope this helped clear that
assumption up for you.


Unless you are one of those confused individuals who has a penis but
prefers wearing womens clothes......


I want to grow up and be big, strong gun nuts
like you guys!


?? I was just helping evelyn get a grip on what sex she/he is.......

I like the way you handle that
Evelyn pussy....


"I never had sexual relations with that woman!"

imagine, carrying a gun, yet
admitting there are gun problems in our society!


There are lots of law abiding people with guns who cause no trouble. The
problems come about with misuse, so it's more of a people problem than a
gun problem. A gun problem would be something like misfires or not
feeding the rounds into the chamber properly.........



That's the good thing about being a gun nut...


Why is it you add 'nut' to anything to do with guns?

plenty of small penis friends out there.


I don't judge my friends by the size of their penis, but if thats what
your'e into.......different strokes for different folks I suppose!



__
Steve
'06 FXDI
KI5YG
#0627
.- Hide quoted text -


- Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -


Again, its funny that people can "hide" and say the stupidest things
on the computer. Lets have an intellegent conversation. And I take
offense to using the word pussy...very sexist, its very obvious that
some men have problems with strong women.
evelyn

  #373  
Old May 3rd 07, 01:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
evelyn
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 42
Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

On May 2, 9:19 pm, BrianNZ wrote:
Stephen Cowell wrote:
"BrianNZ" wrote in message
...
evelyn wrote:


how do you know.? I could be bigger than you or stronger than you,
you are makine lots of assumptions because I assume I am a woman. You
have no idea of what kind of person i am, what type of shape I am in,
NOTHING.


Hmmmmm....you assume you are a woman!? Drop your pants and take a
look.....if you have a penis, you are a guy. Hope this helped clear that
assumption up for you.


Unless you are one of those confused individuals who has a penis but
prefers wearing womens clothes......


I want to grow up and be big, strong gun nuts You really are crazy.
like you guys!


?? I was just helping evelyn get a grip on what sex she/he is....... excuse me, I know who I am, I feel that you are some sexist asshole who hids behind his computer and calls other people losers when he hears an opinion that might be different than his. How old are you? Obviously you cannot have an intellegent conversation.....and I'm still waiting for your picture to use at targe practice!

I like the way you handle that
Evelyn pussy....

Again, what is with the sexual comments? Grow up. I can have any
opinion I want to about guns, I can carry a gun and use it when I have
too.

"I never had sexual relations with that woman!"

imagine, carrying a gun, yet
admitting there are gun problems in our society! Yea, I really don't see what the big deal is about. I carry a gun, but there are gun problems in society....this is an issue with many gray areas. Are you blind to the bigger picture?


There are lots of law abiding people with guns who cause no trouble. The
problems come about with misuse, so it's more of a people problem than a
gun problem. A gun problem would be something like misfires or not
feeding the rounds into the chamber properly......... I agree.



That's the good thing about being a gun nut...


Why is it you add 'nut' to anything to do with guns?

plenty of small penis friends out there.


I don't judge my friends by the size of their penis, but if thats what
your'e into.......different strokes for different folks I suppose!
Again, why the sexual comments? Is it just to **** of the women?


__
Steve
'06 FXDI
KI5YG
#0627
.- Hide quoted text -


- Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -



  #374  
Old May 3rd 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
evelyn
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 42
Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

On May 3, 12:09 am, "Stephen!" wrote:
evelyn wrote roups.com:

(A whole bunch of drivel without *any* proper trimming or attribution...
I'll try to make some sense of it)

So many intelligent questions from which to choose...

so all you do is jugde people.


Nope... nor do I judge them.

you don't know me, you know nothing about me


I know that you ride a bicycle with a .38 revolver in a fanny pack. I
know that you have zero chance of retrieving said revolver in any
reasonable amount of time. I know that because I *have* been trained in
self defense both armed and unarmed and I'm realistic enough to know that
retrieving a revolver from a fanny pack takes *far* too long in any but
the most contrived situations.


Thats great that you think I have "zero chance"...I still feel
protected when I wear my gun. I really don't care about your opinion.

Not really. By the time you figure out how to get it from yer butt
pack anybody wishing to do you harm would have you on the ground and
unconscious.

how do you know.? I could be bigger than you or stronger than you,


Size and strength are absolutely no match for stealth and surprise. If
someone wanted to harm you they'd be on you and it would be over before
you even got the zipper open on your fanny pack.

I don't thing that when I'm riding my bike, someone will be able to
"surprise" me and tackle me to the ground.

you are makine lots of assumptions because I assume I am a woman.


I am not assuming anything. I am stating plain fact. Fact based upon my
and others' experience in self defense using a firearm.

have no idea of what kind of person i am, what type of shape I am in,
NOTHING.


Again. None of that matters.

Yes it does.

with your attitude, maybe thats all you can get, was that smart enough
for you?


What's with your hang-up on intelligence?

You are the one who has the hang-up on intellegence!

oh, yea, i'm sorry, again, you have no good arguements, other than
calling me a loser.


You are not even listening. I try to point out a fatal flaw in your
self-defense plan and *you* turn around and attack me like one of you
fantasy rapists...

Yes, i have fantasy rapists....I think you have a problem with someone
carrying a gun. It is legal in Va to carry a concealed weapon, I can
have it anywhere, on my leg, on my arm, around my waist,,,,it really
doesn't matter where I have it as long as I have it with me.

Wow... Such intelligence and forthought. I'm glad you think I am
fun. Would you like to buy a comma?


what is your problem? you seriously need to get some help in you
anger managment.


What part of that comment denotes anger? Sounds like *you* are the one
with anger problems.

Lets refresh your memory...you called me a loser for no reason.

Thank god you don't carry a gun, we might read about
you sometime in the papers?


I go nowhere without my S&W .40 with 11 in the mag and one in the pipe.
(unless I'm carrying the .45 1911 with 13 in the mag and one in the pipe)
I practice with it regularly, I keep it within easy reach, and I sure as
hell don't hide it behind a zipper.

Good for you.



If you get set off this easily, perhaps you should be carrying a
cap pistol.


Maybe I will, or how about a machine gun, and some grenades strapped
across my chest....


Nahh... as easily as you go off I think a cap pistol is best.

It was a comment...I'm not trying to restrict anyone, actually I'm one
of the most liberal people that I know.
and who are you again?


Someone who knows you much better than you think.


REALLY. Please do enlighten me and tell me about myself...who am I?
What do I do for a living? Wait, so I have a college education? Did
I go to graduate school. Am I a professional? Please do tell, I'm
quite lost because someone knows more about me than myself....WOW You
must be psychic?


Well it makes a point that you know nothing about me but you claim to
know everything. That doesn't sound to intellegent to me. How does
packing a revolver make me less safe? Please tell.

None of that is germane to the point at hand. As evidenced by your
comments you are a self-righteous hothead who thinks that packing a
snubnose revolver behind a zipper somehow makes you safer. If you really
want to be able to use the pistol when your fantasy rapist attacks you,
wear it in a holster.

Yea, I would love to be someone who puts others down for no reason.


Better than someone with an obvious 'victim' mindset who is so blinded
by their own self-importance that they cannot recognize good advice when
they see it...
What is your good advice. Please if you thing you have good advice for me, email me privately. But you choose to be arrogant and post it here.


to agree with me, but you don't have to be a jerk about it. You have
some major problems to get your panties in a waud for what I said.


You are the one all wadded up...

Will do! In the meantime, my gun will be ready to use if needed!


No it won't. Can't you see that was the whole point *before* you got
all freaked out? If you had good points, there were not made without sarcasm, arrogance and bullying behavior.

Can you send me a pic? I would love to use it next time I go to the
range for targe practice?


Sure...

http://imagesdesavions.com/me.jpg
Nice pic. Is this what you look like?
--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465http://imagesdesavions.com



  #375  
Old May 3rd 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Keith Schiffner
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 35
Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?


"Stephen!" wrote in message
...
BrianNZ wrote in :

God god man, you could have shaved! You obviously aren't one of those
new age 'back, sac & crack' wax guys......

To tell ya the truth, it ain't mine.



Thats what they all say.......


Really... I tried. You ever try to take a picture of yer own asshole?
It ain't as easy as it sounds...


Butt if you can and the lighting is perfect, the focus just how you want
it...then it's art not an asshole!


  #376  
Old May 3rd 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
[email protected]_my_sig_for_address.com
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 114
Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

On Wed, 2 May 2007 21:53:31 -0700, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

Stephen! wrote:

You ever try to take a picture of yer own
asshole? It ain't as easy as it sounds...


Hard to get good sunlight on it.



Thread ender!

Bill "yeah, pun intended" S.


--
Click here every day to feed an animal that needs you today !!!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Paul ( pjm @ pobox . com ) - remove spaces to email me
'Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.'
'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
  #377  
Old May 3rd 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
dgk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 827
Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

On Wed, 02 May 2007 13:47:37 -0700, Turby
wrote:

On 2 May 2007 10:00:40 -0700, wrote:

On May 2, 12:10 pm, Turby wrote:
On 2 May 2007 07:23:29 -0700, wrote:


Again - so many fearful people in this country. It's kind of sad.

Yeah, it is. The statistics say that one out of three women in America
will be sexually assaulted in her lifetime.


Oh? Do you have a citation for that?


There are plenty of cites. It doesn't take much effort to find them.
As the CDC page points out, the stats are variable and difficult to
pin down, but the one thing that sticks out is that rapes are entirely
too common. I can't think of anyone I knew who was murdered, and
almost no one who was robbed at gunpoint, but I know numerous women
who were raped.

http://tinyurl.com/mnemk
http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/svfacts.htm
http://tinyurl.com/eu2pu
http://www.rainn.org/statistics/index.html
http://www2.ucsc.edu/rape-prevention/statistics.html
http://www.feminist.com/antiviolence/facts.html



Let's look a closer at the stats:

"Around the world at least I women in 3 has been beaten, coerced into
sex or otherwise abused in her lifetime. Most often the abuser is a
member of her own family. (John Hopkins School of Public Health 2000)"

It does not say "one out of three women in America will be sexually
assaulted in her lifetime". Lumped into that figure are those who have
been beaten, coerced into sex, or otherwise abused. These are still
outrageous numbers by the way, I do not mean to minimize that.

The final line is the breaker here though. Most often a member of her
own family.

The odds of someone jumping out while you're on your bike and dragging
you off and raping or assaulting you are absurdly small. Sure, it can
happen. But please don't make it seem like there is any realistic
chance that it will happen.

These women you know of who were raped, were they just hauled off the
street or was it someone they knew?
  #378  
Old May 3rd 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,673
Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

On May 3, 8:02 am, evelyn wrote:
On May 2, 4:55 pm, wrote:



But I'm struck by the fact that I've never, ever, in 30+ years of
cycling, met a man or woman who felt the need to have a pistol ready
at their side. Somehow all those people are surviving. Maybe you
should observe what most cyclists do, and imitate that?


Why do I? Again, this is America and if I want to carry a weapon for
protection, I have that right. I don't have to be like others, I'm my
own person. I am fully capable of handling my weapon and I am
perfectly within the law to carry it. In
Virginia, I can carry a concealed weapon. Therefore, I will continue
to carry it, no matter what other people may say.


You're correct, it's permitted. I wasn't disputing that.

I was disputing the supposed need to carry it, and wondering about the
fearful mental state that makes one think a gun is needed. That's
all. Statements like "it only takes one time" indicate you're not
being realistic.

Watch out for those meteorites!

- Frank Krygowski

  #379  
Old May 3rd 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
Mike Young
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18
Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

"Wayne Pein" wrote in message
...
Mike Young wrote:

"Wayne Pein" wrote in message
...

If a slow user (bicyclist, front loader, farm tractor) had to pull over
every time there was one vehicle delayed they would never get anywhere.



Bingo! Take a prize from the top shelf. You've earned it.


Bingo! Do not collect a prize. Bicyclists are not going to pull over for
Mike Young.


The role of a handgun is to impose your personal will, by threat of or
actual use of deadly force. How should one respond to the imposition of
your discourteous view of fair road use?


Idiot. That is not the role of a handgun. Grow up.



Then, pray tell. What is the role of a handgun?

For criminals, it's to impose personal will by threat or actual use of
deadly force. For law abiding citizens, its for self defense from
criminals. For you, it's to stuff in your mouth and remove yourself from
the gene pool.


Funny. Your earlier messages prompted me to ponder on how society coddles
the weak, and interferes with Darwinian natural selection. Have a nice ride
today. Be careful out there; the impatient poke behind you could be me.

BTW, self defense *is* imposition of personal will.


  #380  
Old May 3rd 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
[email protected]_my_sig_for_address.com
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 114
Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

On Thu, 03 May 2007 15:23:29 GMT, "Mike Young"
wrote:

"Wayne Pein" wrote in message
...
Mike Young wrote:

"Wayne Pein" wrote in message
...

If a slow user (bicyclist, front loader, farm tractor) had to pull over
every time there was one vehicle delayed they would never get anywhere.


Bingo! Take a prize from the top shelf. You've earned it.


Bingo! Do not collect a prize. Bicyclists are not going to pull over for
Mike Young.


The role of a handgun is to impose your personal will, by threat of or
actual use of deadly force. How should one respond to the imposition of
your discourteous view of fair road use?


Idiot. That is not the role of a handgun. Grow up.


Then, pray tell. What is the role of a handgun?

For criminals, it's to impose personal will by threat or actual use of
deadly force. For law abiding citizens, its for self defense from
criminals. For you, it's to stuff in your mouth and remove yourself from
the gene pool.


Funny. Your earlier messages prompted me to ponder on how society coddles
the weak, and interferes with Darwinian natural selection. Have a nice ride
today. Be careful out there; the impatient poke behind you could be me.

BTW, self defense *is* imposition of personal will.


My ass.


--
Click here every day to feed an animal that needs you today !!!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Paul ( pjm @ pobox . com ) - remove spaces to email me
'Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.'
'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should Cyclists Pack Guns? donquijote1954 General 465 May 7th 07 03:25 PM
Car Hits Pack of Cyclists in St. Pete Rodney Kuehl Recumbent Biking 40 February 24th 07 01:20 AM
Back pack for cyclists scouselad General 18 June 28th 05 01:39 PM
guns and bikes byron27 Australia 9 October 7th 04 01:21 AM
" 400mph cyclists kill opponents with handlebar-mounted guns " Gawnsoft UK 4 March 10th 04 11:56 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.