Looking for novelty helmet

Old August 29th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
Paul Ciszek

Default Looking for novelty helmet

Does anyone manufacture novelty helmets that actually protect the head?

An acquaintance has had a mishap (on a bicycle), the details of which
he can't quite remember. :-( He is now willing to start wearing a
helmet. But he would like, if possible, to get one that looks like
the old Kaiser Wilhelm era german military helmets, with the spike on top.
I suppose a phony plastic spike could be glued on to a helmet of the
right shape. Does anyone sell helmets that look like this?

--
Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com | indistinguishable from malice."
Old August 29th 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
Sean_Q_

Paul Ciszek wrote:
But he would like, if possible, to get one that looks like
the old Kaiser Wilhelm era german military helmets, with the spike on top.
I suppose a phony plastic spike could be glued on to a helmet of the
right shape. Does anyone sell helmets that look like this?

In two world wars, members of my family fought the Boche.

http://www.trfindley.com/pggmnbikes.html

SQ
ps. Why stop a just a helmet? Suggest to him that he join this outfit:
http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal...pic.php?t=3962
Old August 29th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
Bob Myers

"Paul Ciszek" wrote in message
Does anyone manufacture novelty helmets that actually protect the head?

An acquaintance has had a mishap (on a bicycle), the details of which
he can't quite remember. :-( He is now willing to start wearing a
helmet. But he would like, if possible, to get one that looks like
the old Kaiser Wilhelm era german military helmets, with the spike on top.
I suppose a phony plastic spike could be glued on to a helmet of the
right shape. Does anyone sell helmets that look like this?

Something even better:

http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/...s-p-16678.html

Bob M.

Old August 29th 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
BryanUT

On Aug 29, 2:06*pm, Turby wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:35:02 +0000 (UTC), (Paul

Ciszek) wrote:
Does anyone manufacture novelty helmets that actually protect the head?

An acquaintance has had a mishap (on a bicycle), the details of which
he can't quite remember. *:-( *He is now willing to start wearing a
helmet. *But he would like, if possible, to get one that looks like
the old Kaiser Wilhelm era german military helmets, with the spike on top.
I suppose a phony plastic spike could be glued on to a helmet of the
right shape. *Does anyone sell helmets that look like this? *

I can't decide which looks stupider, those spikes or the
purple/pink/neon green mohawks that people put on thier helmets.

If you're going to do something silly, put bunny ears on it.

--
Turby the Turbosurfer

Thanks for the inspiration. I think I'll get one of those mudflaps
with a chrome naked lady on it for my bike.

And a Calvin ****ing on something for the windscreen.

And "Women want me, Trout fear me" bumper sticker for the fuel tank.
And "Gun Control is hiting your target" for the other side.

Got anymore ideas?
Old August 29th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
David L. Johnson

Sean_Q_ wrote:
Paul Ciszek wrote:
But he would like, if possible, to get one that looks like
the old Kaiser Wilhelm era german military helmets, with the spike on
top.
I suppose a phony plastic spike could be glued on to a helmet of the
right shape. Does anyone sell helmets that look like this?

In two world wars, members of my family fought the Boche.

http://www.trfindley.com/pggmnbikes.html

The Arte Johnson picture is very odd. It seems that that is a fake
bike, which is strange since a real one would have been cheaper. But if
you look at the front brake rod, it seems to go nowhere, and the saddle
seems to be mounted on a platform. The spokes are really, really thick,
but don't look like Spinnergy spokes.

--

David L. Johnson

Deserves death! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death.
And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not
be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
-- J. R. R. Tolkein
Old August 29th 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
[email protected]

On Aug 29, 1:35*pm, (Paul Ciszek) wrote:
Does anyone manufacture novelty helmets that actually protect the head?

An acquaintance has had a mishap (on a bicycle), the details of which
he can't quite remember. *:-( *He is now willing to start wearing a
helmet. *But he would like, if possible, to get one that looks like
the old Kaiser Wilhelm era german military helmets, with the spike on top..
I suppose a phony plastic spike could be glued on to a helmet of the
right shape. *Does anyone sell helmets that look like this? *

--
Please reply to: * * * * * *| "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com * *| *indistinguishable from malice."
Autoreply is disabled * * * |

I'd glue something fun to the top. Make sure it's a soft or easily
breakable something, though - don't want it causing any harm in the
event the helmet gets "used" again.
Old August 29th 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles
David L. Johnson

David L. Johnson wrote:

The Arte Johnson picture is very odd. It seems that that is a fake
bike, which is strange since a real one would have been cheaper. But if
you look at the front brake rod, it seems to go nowhere, and the saddle
seems to be mounted on a platform. The spokes are really, really thick,
but don't look like Spinnergy spokes.

Oh, and yes, Arte looks a little odd, himself...

Novelty Uni iridemymuni Unicycling 39 June 29th 06 06:26 AM
Novelty Uni TheObieOne3226 Unicycling 0 June 16th 06 10:34 AM
novelty led lighting xyz UK 4 February 19th 06 10:52 PM
FS: Giro Pneumo Lone Star Edition helmet w/ helmet pod Robbie Brown Marketplace 0 November 18th 04 03:44 PM
"Segway still a novelty " M. Barbee General 5 August 31st 03 10:17 AM