Cyclist at war!

Old October 21st 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Vito

Default This IS true discrimination

"ComandanteBanana" wrote
"There's no doubt that car drivers need to clean up their act.

No, the answer is to ban cycles from public roads just as they are now
banned from interstate highways.

Old October 22nd 08, 08:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Dave Larrington

Default Cyclist at war!

In ,
Bob Myers tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell
us:

(Hint: this has long ago ceased to be of interest to rec.motorcycles.)

It was /never/ of any interest to uk.rec.cycling, but that hasn't stopped
Monkeyboy posting his inane drivel thereto.
--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Old October 22nd 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Oct 22, 3:48 am, "Dave Larrington"
wrote:
,
Bob Myers tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell
us:

(Hint: this has long ago ceased to be of interest to rec.motorcycles.)

It was /never/ of any interest to uk.rec.cycling, but that hasn't stopped
Monkeyboy posting his inane drivel thereto.
--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
a yo-yo" - Enoch Root.

Just another deep thought and then I'll let you go (at least until
tomorrow)...

"The sheep hate the monkey because he makes them think. And besides,
they are wannabe lions"

Old October 22nd 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
MikeWhy

wrote:
,
Bob Myers tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
tell
us:

(Hint: this has long ago ceased to be of interest to rec.motorcycles.)

It was /never/ of any interest to uk.rec.cycling, but that hasn't stopped
Monkeyboy posting his inane drivel thereto.
--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
a yo-yo" - Enoch Root.

Just another deep thought and then I'll let you go (at least until
tomorrow)...

"The sheep hate the monkey because he makes them think. And besides,
they are wannabe lions"

================
"Here we go in a flung festoon,
Half-way up to the jealous moon!
Don't you envy our pranceful bands?
Don't you wish you had extra hands?
Wouldn't you like if your tails were--so--
Curved in the shape of a Cupid's bow?
Now you're angry, but--never mind,
Brother, thy tail hangs down behind!

Here we sit in a branchy row,
Thinking of beautiful things we know;
Dreaming of deeds that we mean to do,
All complete, in a minute or two--
Something noble and wise and good,
Done by merely wishing we could.
We've forgotten, but--never mind,
Brother, thy tail hangs down behind!

All the talk we ever have heard
Uttered by bat or beast or bird--
Hide or fin or scale or feather--
Jabber it quickly and all together!
Excellent! Wonderful! Once again!

Now we are talking just like men!
Let's pretend we are ... never mind,
Brother, thy tail hangs down behind!
This is the way of the Monkey-kind.

Then join our leaping lines that scumfish through the pines,
That rocket by where, light and high, the wild grape swings.
By the rubbish in our wake, and the noble noise we make,
Be sure, be sure, we're going to do some splendid things!"

Old October 22nd 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default the VolksBike would be simple and cheap

wrote:
,
[...]

Be sure, be sure, we're going to do some splendid things!"- Hide quoted text -

Nice poem you put together (or did you copy it?)

Anyway, my twin brother KingOfTheApes made an statement such as not to
post at least for 24 hours... Well, forget about it. I,
ComandanteBanana, made such a great contributions to the ideas of THE
REVOLUTION, that I'm posting over my brother's foolish statements.

Anyway, the VolksBike would be simple and cheap, possibly under $200
for the proles...

Good thing though this NOT a Marxist revolution, so we can afford a
middle class, a rather large one like in Sweden or something, just
that the real big fish will be taxed to control their uncontrolled
appetites.

So this middle class could afford luxuries like the "cooperative made"
"American made" recumbents, which are more laid back to go with the
social status. They are perfectly fine to replace the automobile for
shorter distances while still giving you a nice workout. No more
bellies as a result of being couch potatos.

"Burley Design Cooperative, a worker-owned manufacturing cooperative
for 25 years, produces high-quality, durable bicycle products,
including child trailers, cargo trailers, trailercycles, tandems,
recumbents, road bikes, commuter bikes and raingear in Eugene, Oregon.
Their products are sold nationally and internationally through
independent bicycle dealers and specialty sporting goods stores. For
more information call 541-687-1644, send email to or
visit the website: www.burley.com."

http://www.bikeroute.com/Recumbents/...es/000016.html
Old October 22nd 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

(Notice here that we renounce to the Trabant, the ideal Marxist car.
We however prefer something SMART)

Originally Posted by -=Łem in Pa=-
"Excellent idea, Mr. Quixote !!
A SMART would be the perfect Nu Trabant or Peoples Car "

We can have the revolutionary,

"Yes to the Smart, no to the Stupid Unnecessary Vehicles"

Well, Smart manufacturer better chip in with the revolution.
Old October 22nd 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default an open letter to the comandante

I don't expect many people here to be revolutionaries... And anyway,
if you were, you'd probably agree with Chavez, but here's an open
letter to the comandante...

Mr. Chavez, Capitalist Crisis will starve your revolution!

I think you were right about the capitalism being in crisis (perhaps
as much as communism), but that can only starve your revolution! Yes,
the petrodollars to finance your social projects (besides the
militarty buildup) will dry up. Well, I have other objections even if
a Petrol Revolution were to work, like Global Warming, but that's too
deep, huh?

"Oil falls below $67 on US recession fears"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081022/..._ge/oil_prices

That's why I say we need a Banana Revolution. For real, from
Comandante to Comandante.

(I expect an answer by tomorrow)

WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
(home of the Dutch model!)

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution
Old October 23rd 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

(Here I'm discussing with a comrade of the revolution about things
happening and said about the jungle where we all live)

Originally Posted by -=Łem in Pa=-

1973 was the year the New York Dolls broke. Obviously, the greatest
year
in the history of history. Bikes and Cars were real steel as were the
revolutionaries
who rode them

Report from the Jungle : North sector.
Guy goes into towing agency a block from my job and shoots it up.
Good news is that with so many Sheriffs and WPB PD around, the
gangsters and crack dealers took a break making for a relatively
peaceful ride back to the Juno bunker

***

That's true. But it's also remembered by the oil embargo crisis that
forced Americans to change... Hopefully this time toward bicycles.

Report from the Jungle, south: I came out of my bunker and rode on
trails for 2 miles, then kayak, then back on my bike, and another mile
later. No major attack from either big fish or motorists. The rest of
the time in the Internet.

Plenty of news from the jungle though if you go to Google news and
search "law of the jungle"...

This curious news report is from Cuba, a country famous for his lion:

(What do you think? Do we dismiss it as propaganda?)

Reflections of Fidel
THE LAW OF THE JUNGLE

Trade, within a society and among countries, is the exchange of goods
and services produced by human beings. The owners of the means of
production appropriate the profits. As a class, they are the leaders
of the capitalist state and they boast of fostering development and
social well-being through the market. This they worship as an
infallible God.

In every country there is competition between the strongest and the
weakest; those with more physical energy, those who are better fed,
those who learned how to read and write, those who attended school,
those who have more accumulated experience, more social relations and
more resources, and those in society who do not have these advantages.

Among countries: those with a better climates and more arable land,
more water and more natural resources in the area where they are
located, when there are no more territories to conquer; those that
master technology, have greater development and handle unlimited media
resources, and those that, in contrast, do not enjoy any of these
prerogatives. These are the sometimes enormous differences between
countries described as rich or poor.

It is the law of the jungle.

http://www.granma.cu/ingles/2008/oct...ons-13oct.html
Old October 23rd 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Originally Posted by Ed Holland
"Two places in which I spend much of my life, Oxford, UK and the S.F.
bay area have what you might term above average bicycle usage. In both
places (particularly Oxford) professional folks use a bike for day to
day stuff. It's partly a cultural thing, and changing culture and
habit are difficult.

Some sort of apocalypse is necessary to encourage 50% of the
population to use a bike to do their grocery shopping..."

The Global Plunge? I believe in the power of crises to regenarate and
bring out a new world. We just need some smart leaders, and they
either stupid or corrupt.

Old October 23rd 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
.p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:43:21 -0700 (PDT), KingOfTheApes
wrote:

Originally Posted by Ed Holland
"Two places in which I spend much of my life, Oxford, UK and the S.F.
bay area have what you might term above average bicycle usage. In both
places (particularly Oxford) professional folks use a bike for day to
day stuff. It's partly a cultural thing, and changing culture and
habit are difficult.

Bloody poofs.

Some sort of apocalypse is necessary to encourage 50% of the
population to use a bike to do their grocery shopping..."

The Global Plunge? I believe in the power of crises to regenarate and
bring out a new world. We just need some smart leaders, and they
either stupid or corrupt.

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo online at www.pmilligan.net/palm/
Free 'People finder' program now at www.pmilligan.net/finder.htm