O.K.Guys........I'm back!!!!

Old November 8th 08, 09:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Harry Brogan

Default O.K.Guys........I'm back!!!!

Well...finally broke down and got a new ride.......I am sending along
a couple of photos for you to check out. It's the Sun Tomahawk.
Pretty decent ride so far......

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...omahawk-05.jpg

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...Cruisin-03.jpg
__o | Every time I see an adult on a bicycle....
_`\(,_ | I no longer despair for the human race.
(_)/ (_) | ---H.G. Wells---
Old November 8th 08, 10:10 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Harry Brogan" wrote in message
Well...finally broke down and got a new ride.......I am sending along
a couple of photos for you to check out. It's the Sun Tomahawk.
Pretty decent ride so far......

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...omahawk-05.jpg

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...Cruisin-03.jpg

Welcome back Harry! I enjoyed your photos. They remind me of my own RANS V2.
Do you find the somewhat high crank to ever be a problem I wonder?

I think as long as you do not get political we should get along just fine.
After all, how different is Nebraska from Minnesota.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 9th 08, 12:24 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Harry Brogan

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 15:10:00 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"Harry Brogan" wrote in message
.. .
Well...finally broke down and got a new ride.......I am sending along
a couple of photos for you to check out. It's the Sun Tomahawk.
Pretty decent ride so far......

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...omahawk-05.jpg

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...Cruisin-03.jpg

Welcome back Harry! I enjoyed your photos. They remind me of my own RANS V2.
Do you find the somewhat high crank to ever be a problem I wonder?

I think as long as you do not get political we should get along just fine.
After all, how different is Nebraska from Minnesota.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Nope....no politics for me. The high crank doesn't seem to be a
problem. Just took a few days to get used to it. Now I pass
numerous other riders out there.

By the By....I am no longer in Nebraska. I am now living in Norfolk,
Virginia. Job market here was MUCH better!!!!
Old November 9th 08, 01:57 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Harry Brogan" wrote in message
[...]
By the By....I am no longer in Nebraska. I am now living in Norfolk,
Virginia. Job market here was MUCH better!!!!

I was stationed at the Portsmouth Naval Hospital for a couple of years back
in the late 50's when I was in the Navy. I always liked the Norfolk area. Be
sure to get to Williamsburg and Jamestown, just up the road from Norfolk.

Old November 9th 08, 09:23 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Harry Brogan

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 18:57:07 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"Harry Brogan" wrote in message
.. .
[...]
By the By....I am no longer in Nebraska. I am now living in Norfolk,
Virginia. Job market here was MUCH better!!!!

I was stationed at the Portsmouth Naval Hospital for a couple of years back
in the late 50's when I was in the Navy. I always liked the Norfolk area. Be
sure to get to Williamsburg and Jamestown, just up the road from Norfolk.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

I too was stationed here. But it was in the mid-seventies. I was on
the USS Forrestal (((or USS Forest Fire, or USS Zippo)) A lot has
changed here since then. The Battleship USS Wisconsin is on display
in downtown Norfolk and the area is much cleaner and safer than I
remember.

We stayed with friends in Williamsburg when we first arrived here.
Have been to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown and Busch
Gardens. Not to mention Virginia Beach and all the historical
military displays that they have here.

We have really been enjoying things since our arrival here. I am
trying to convince my kids to come out here for a visit. Figure that
if one of them comes for a visit they all just might want to relocate
and stay here. Much more to do then in Nebraska!!!!!
Old November 9th 08, 10:32 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

wrote:

"Harry Brogan" wrote in message
. ..
[...]
[...]

Harry, you are a true Upper Midwestern cultivated person! Like you, I always
explored my surroundings no matter where I was stationed. I expect both
Portsmouth and Norfolk have changed a lot since the 1950's, although I
suspect Norfolk remains a predominately Navy town. I can't tell you how many
times I wandered up and down Granby Ave., a typical lost Navy enlisted man
looking for a bit of romance and excitement. Ah, to be 20 again!

Hey, we Navy guys have got to stick together. Remind me never to take you to
task about anything ever again! I am now your friend whether you want me or
not.

Old November 9th 08, 08:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Harry Brogan

Harry, you are a true Upper Midwestern cultivated person! Like you, I always
explored my surroundings no matter where I was stationed. I expect both
Portsmouth and Norfolk have changed a lot since the 1950's, although I
suspect Norfolk remains a predominately Navy town. I can't tell you how many
times I wandered up and down Granby Ave., a typical lost Navy enlisted man
looking for a bit of romance and excitement. Ah, to be 20 again!

Hey, we Navy guys have got to stick together. Remind me never to take you to
task about anything ever again! I am now your friend whether you want me or
not.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Yes Ed, Norfolk and the surrounding areas have changed A LOT since I
was here in the Seventies. I can't imagine the change since the
fifties!!!!! Yes Norfolk and Portsmouth are Navy/Shipbuilding towns.
There's even a Military newspaper called "Flagship" that's free in
most areas. I try to pick one up as often as possible.

I don't think that you will find much "romance" over on Granby now.
It's changed to strip malls and apartments. Although there ARE the
required "bad places" for the Navy guys to go to!!!!! ((YOU know what
I mean!!))

Glad that I have a friend on here. Never can have too many friends in
this day and age!!!!!
Old November 9th 08, 08:29 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Harry Brogan wrote:
Well...finally broke down and got a new ride.......I am sending along
a couple of photos for you to check out. It's the Sun Tomahawk.
Pretty decent ride so far......

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...omahawk-05.jpg

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...Cruisin-03.jpg

I look at the pictures and thought - that looks a lot like the Easy
Racers Javelin. Turns out that it is so:
http://www.easyracers.com/10-ez_tomahawk_cx.htm.

I wonder if Fred Markham was behind the development of a higher bottom
bracket bike than the traditional TE/GRR design?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the precipitate.

Old November 16th 08, 02:39 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

wrote:

[...]

Hi Harry,

I was stationed in the same general area in '69 ... Ft Monroe
(Hampton, Virginia) on Chesapeake Bay across from the Norfolk Navy
Yard. Ft. Monroe was a very interesting military installation with an
abundance of history. Google it an check on the history and images. -
Jim McNamara