Durability Of Velocity Aerohead Rims In 20/24 Hole Drillings.

Old November 12th 10, 07:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Kerry Montgomery

Default Durability Of Velocity Aerohead Rims In 20/24 Hole Drillings.

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
On 11/11/2010 10:45 PM, Michael Press wrote:
In ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

On 11/11/2010 10:30 PM, Michael Press wrote:
[...]
You must have read where Tom Sherman told me that
my 22.5 mm wide Sun Ringle CR18 rims are "rather narrow."
He refuses to answer my question if they are
suitable for 25 mm and 23 mm tires.

I have no interest in that question, since I have no use for such narrow
tires.

This would be a proper sized rim:
http://www.sun-ringle.com/bmx/rims/rhyno-lite-xl/.

You brought up "rather narrow",
and I expect you to know what
you are talking about. This is
a technical forum.

Tires less than 28-mm wide are too narrow, so as I said, I have no
interest in rims for them.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

To the original poster,
I have ridden many miles on 25 mm road tires and somewhat fewer miles on 30
mm cross tires on rims that measure about 20 mm across the braking surfaces,
with no problems. At least, no problems related to tire vs. rim width.
Kerry

Old November 13th 10, 05:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Michael Press

Tom Sherman wrote:

On 11/11/2010 10:30 PM, Michael Press wrote:
[...]
You must have read where Tom Sherman told me that
my 22.5 mm wide Sun Ringle CR18 rims are "rather narrow."
He refuses to answer my question if they are
suitable for 25 mm and 23 mm tires.

I have no interest in that question, since I have no use for such narrow
tires.

This would be a proper sized rim:
http://www.sun-ringle.com/bmx/rims/rhyno-lite-xl/.

You brought up "rather narrow",
and I expect you to know what
you are talking about. This is
a technical forum.

Tires less than 28-mm wide are too narrow, so as I said, I have no
interest in rims for them.

Too narrow for what?

--
Michael Press
Old November 13th 10, 05:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Michael Press

Tom Sherman wrote:

[...]

Thanks. I was asking Tom Sherman about the opposite fit
question. Are the CR18 rims at his quoted 22.5 mm width
and characterization as "rather narrrow" narrow enough
to support 23 mm or 25 mm tires properly?

--
Michael Press
Old November 13th 10, 07:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 11/12/2010 10:31 PM, Michael Press wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote:

On 11/11/2010 10:30 PM, Michael Press wrote:
[...]
You must have read where Tom Sherman told me that
my 22.5 mm wide Sun Ringle CR18 rims are "rather narrow."
He refuses to answer my question if they are
suitable for 25 mm and 23 mm tires.

I have no interest in that question, since I have no use for such narrow
tires.

This would be a proper sized rim:
http://www.sun-ringle.com/bmx/rims/rhyno-lite-xl/.

You brought up "rather narrow",
and I expect you to know what
you are talking about. This is
a technical forum.

Tires less than 28-mm wide are too narrow, so as I said, I have no
interest in rims for them.

Too narrow for what?

Use on sensible bicycles.

Old November 14th 10, 07:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Michael Press

Tom Sherman °_°twshermanREMOVE@THISsouthslope .net wrote:

On 11/11/2010 10:30 PM, Michael Press wrote:
[...]
You must have read where Tom Sherman told me that
my 22.5 mm wide Sun Ringle CR18 rims are "rather narrow."
He refuses to answer my question if they are
suitable for 25 mm and 23 mm tires.

I have no interest in that question, since I have no use for such narrow
tires.

This would be a proper sized rim:
http://www.sun-ringle.com/bmx/rims/rhyno-lite-xl/.

You brought up "rather narrow",
and I expect you to know what
you are talking about. This is
a technical forum.

Tires less than 28-mm wide are too narrow, so as I said, I have no
interest in rims for them.

Too narrow for what?

Use on sensible bicycles.

Your judgements are entirely subjective.
"Rather narrow"
"Sensible bicycles"
"I have no user for such narrow tires"

This is a technical forum.
When denigrating the choices of others
you are expected to give actual support.

--
Michael Press
Old November 14th 10, 10:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Michael Press" wrote in message
[...]
Your judgements are entirely subjective.
"Rather narrow"
"Sensible bicycles"
"I have no user for such narrow tires"

This is a technical forum.
When denigrating the choices of others
you are expected to give actual support.

You do not even know how to edit a post so that others can read it with
clarity. I think "Clutter" must be your middle name.

What good is technical knowledge if you lack judgment. You are a nitwit.
Either come to some conclusions or get lost.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka