The Shed Thread

Old May 22nd 12, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default The Shed Thread

On Mon, 21 May 2012 11:08:15 +0100, Wm... wrote:

Mon, 21 May 2012 08:32:00 uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller

On Sun, 20 May 2012 11:54:58 +0100, Wm... wrote:

Sun, 20 May 2012 08:42:17 uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller

On Sat, 19 May 2012 17:25:56 +0100, Judith wrote:

"****" is more succinct.

And sensuous.

I think you are pushing the boundaries of decency, Peter.

To the best of my knowledge no-one has ever said they find Judith
attractive.

I don't recall having ever said that. I may have expressed a hope at
some stage.

I think it is compulsory to ask for a picture about now.

yes.
Perhaps I can provide one which might be appropriate?

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.
Old May 22nd 12, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Mon, 21 May 2012 20:09:09 +0100, Judith wrote:

poor old Maggot

Disrespectful words that refer to ethnic origins, religion, and
occupation are also used as insults. Referring to people as animals with
low status is insulting.

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.
Old June 5th 12, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Sat, 19 May 2012 20:18:13 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 22:20:40 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

As some of you may recall, I have discovered an 8 metre by 4 metre
patio under a heap of soil and compost at the end of my garden. The
patio is now clear.

I intend to use the patio to build a log cabin and garden store.
http://www.elbecgardenbuildings.co.u...eygrove%20.jpg

Mad Dave doesn't believe I can do it - but given the quality of his
decking I have no confidence in his judgement.

The log cabin is now ordered, and I expect delivery in a couple of
weeks. But today I took the first step in the cabin's construction. I
picked up 15 breize blocks to lay the cabin's bearers on, and
positioned them roughly.

Here are a couple of before and after shots.
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.com/photos/shed/00
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.com/photos/shed/01

I'll keep updating as the cabin's construction progresses.

Shed walls are up. Roof tomorrow.

The shed is virtually complete. Just a bit of trimming here and there,
tidying up and some skirting to hide those ugly concrete blocks.

Note the bodge job on the facia and guttering in homage to our
friendly handyman.
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.co...os/shed/08.jpg

The facia is designed to fit at an angle of 22.5 degrees to the
verticle just under the roof, however, it would be difficult to fit
guttering at that angle so I had to bodge it to accomodate the gutter
and water butts.

It's interesting to note that my three water butts, associated
guttering, and water butt stands came to close to £150. Thames water
charge me £1.23 for a cubic metre of water. The three butts combined
(the third one collects water from the bike shed in the front garden)
have a capacity of 630 litres. It will therefore take about 600 water
butt loads before the butts and guttering have paid for themselves!
Old June 5th 12, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 08:19:16 +0100
Bertie Wooster wrote:

It's interesting to note that my three water butts, associated
guttering, and water butt stands came to close to £150. Thames water
charge me £1.23 for a cubic metre of water. The three butts combined
(the third one collects water from the bike shed in the front garden)
have a capacity of 630 litres. It will therefore take about 600 water
butt loads before the butts and guttering have paid for themselves!

OTOH you'll have water for the garden, bike washing etc. despite the
hosepipe ban. Cost for infringement - up to £1,000.

Old June 5th 12, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

http://www.elbecgardenbuildings.co.u...ts/extras/Leyg....

Mad Dave doesn't believe I can do it - but given the quality of his
decking I have no confidence in his judgement.

The log cabin is now ordered, and I expect delivery in a couple of
weeks. But today I took the first step in the cabin's construction. I
picked up 15 breize blocks to lay the cabin's bearers on, and
positioned them roughly.

Here are a couple of before and after shots.
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.com/photos/shed/00
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.com/photos/shed/01

I'll keep updating as the cabin's construction progresses.

Shed walls are up. Roof tomorrow.

The shed is virtually complete. Just a bit of trimming here and there,
tidying up and some skirting to hide those ugly concrete blocks.

Note the bodge job on the facia and guttering in homage to our
friendly handyman.http://www.britishschoolofcycling.co...os/shed/08.jpg

Cool. Create a box seat all around lined with expanded polystyrene
and there's plenty of cellar space. I'm assuming this to be a
drinking den, or is it somewhere to send the kids?

Old June 5th 12, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

Bertie Wooster wrote:

It's interesting to note that my three water butts, associated
guttering, and water butt stands came to close to £150. Thames water
charge me £1.23 for a cubic metre of water. The three butts combined
(the third one collects water from the bike shed in the front garden)
have a capacity of 630 litres. It will therefore take about 600 water
butt loads before the butts and guttering have paid for themselves!

OTOH you'll have water for the garden, bike washing etc. despite the
hosepipe ban. Cost for infringement - up to £1,000.

And if I attach a hosepipe to the waterbutt I have a loophole for the
hosepipe ban.
Old June 5th 12, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Bertie wrote:

It's interesting to note that my three water butts, associated
guttering, and water butt stands came to close to £150. Thames water
charge me £1.23 for a cubic metre of water. The three butts combined
(the third one collects water from the bike shed in the front garden)
have a capacity of 630 litres. It will therefore take about 600 water
butt loads before the butts and guttering have paid for themselves!

OTOH you'll have water for the garden, bike washing etc. despite the
hosepipe ban. Cost for infringement - up to £1,000.

And if I attach a hosepipe to the waterbutt I have a loophole for the
hosepipe ban.

Does a hosepipe ban prevent one from washing a car using a bucket (just
like you'd have to with water from a water butt)?

What is banned? Clean cars or hosepipes?

Old June 5th 12, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

I think the norm is to have somewhere to brew drinks and to then sit on your
own getting ****ed
Old June 5th 12, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 19:52:16 +0300, davethedave
wrote:

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 17:35:58 +0100, jnugent wrote:

Does a hosepipe ban prevent one from washing a car using a bucket (just
like you'd have to with water from a water butt)?

What is banned? Clean cars or hosepipes?

The use of hosepipes domestically. You can quite happily take it to a man
who runs a car washing business and pay him to use a hosepipe on it.

Is the wrong answer.
Old June 5th 12, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

wrote:

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 17:35:58 +0100, jnugent wrote:

Does a hosepipe ban prevent one from washing a car using a bucket (just
like you'd have to with water from a water butt)?

What is banned? Clean cars or hosepipes?

The use of hosepipes domestically. You can quite happily take it to a man
who runs a car washing business and pay him to use a hosepipe on it.

Is the wrong answer.

Care to explain why?
Unless the BBC have got it all wrong, of course:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17615364

Shed Brian G UK 31 August 1st 07 05:39 PM
Shed got broken into! Eddbmxdude Unicycling 15 October 14th 06 07:24 PM
shed humping(bad shed) the unicycle man(one of many) Recumbent Biking 0 September 2nd 06 06:34 AM
Every home (or shed) should have one! cfsmtb Australia 30 September 1st 06 01:40 AM
My Shed Just zis Guy, you know? UK 17 July 3rd 04 12:54 PM