WHY are cyclists riding at night ?

Old October 5th 14, 05:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default WHY are cyclists riding at night ?

On Sat, 04 Oct 2014 23:10:13 -0400, Martin Riddle
wrote:

On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 09:17:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
an evident obsession with dynamo generated electricity begs the question....

It's a blast?

Don't let the DHS hear you say that.

Which brings up the question...
Is there cycling computer/speedo that has back light?

Sure, plenty:
https://www.google.com/search?q=bicycle+computer+backlight&tbm=isch

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Old October 5th 14, 05:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Tim McNamara wrote:
I ride at night because it's fun. I ride during the day because it's
fun. I ride my bike to get from point A to point B, such as from home
to work, because it's way more fun than driving my car. I just ride my
bike because it's fun- all the other benefits are icing on the cake.

+1

--
duane
Old October 5th 14, 01:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

if we see dynamo riders..distinked from cyclists...go on at length about their new gadget but not the experience of night riding then what can we conclude ?

Old October 5th 14, 02:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
N8N[_2_]

On Saturday, October 4, 2014 12:17:04 PM UTC-4, wrote:
an evident obsession with dynamo generated electricity begs the question....

'cause they're working when the sun is out, but don't want to give up riding...?
Old October 5th 14, 02:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

N8N wrote:
On Saturday, October 4, 2014 12:17:04 PM UTC-4, wrote:
an evident obsession with dynamo generated electricity begs the question....

'cause they're working when the sun is out, but don't want to give up riding...?

Or maybe it's too hot during the day.

--
duane
Old October 5th 14, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/4/2014 10:32 PM, Tim McNamara wrote:
I ride at night because it's fun. I ride during the day because it's
fun. I ride my bike to get from point A to point B, such as from home
to work, because it's way more fun than driving my car. I just ride my
bike because it's fun- all the other benefits are icing on the cake.

+1

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 5th 14, 04:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 09:43:52 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:
Many reasons why people ride during the dark hours.

Some things are best done under the cover of darkness.

Old October 5th 14, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Back when I had lights on my bicycle, it was because I couldn't always
finish my errands before sunset.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/
Old October 5th 14, 07:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 04:54:23 +0000 (UTC), Duane wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:
I ride at night because it's fun. I ride during the day because it's
fun. I ride my bike to get from point A to point B, such as from home
to work, because it's way more fun than driving my car. I just ride my
bike because it's fun- all the other benefits are icing on the cake.

+1

When I ride my bike at night it is generally "to get home". YMMV

Night riding The Bruiser Unicycling 20 November 4th 06 08:22 AM
Night riding tedward Unicycling 2 May 14th 06 11:43 AM
Riding at Night Tim Nunes General 14 January 21st 06 02:16 AM
Night riding. Callistus Valerius Racing 26 February 22nd 05 12:13 AM
Night riding... Absent Husband Australia 67 January 16th 05 07:44 PM