Who said that dynamo equipped bicycles in the U.S. are really expensive?

Old October 20th 14, 03:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Who said that dynamo equipped bicycles in the U.S. are really expensive?

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Tour-De-France-Advantage-Elite/5315914/product.html
Old October 20th 14, 05:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 19 Oct 2014 19:20:15 -0700, sms
wrote:

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Tour-De-France-Advantage-Elite/5315914/product.html

Looking at the enlarged photo, there's a black bottle dynamo hanging
off the left rear seat stay. Looks like a connection wire entering
through the bottom. Not a hub or roller dynamo. It's difficult to
identify from the photo, but it kinda looks like this one:
http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Bicycle-Dynamo-With-Bracket-6V-3W-p-798.html

Who said cheap bicycles equipped with dynamos in the U.S. use quality
components?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old October 20th 14, 05:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Sunday, October 19, 2014 10:20:15 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:
http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Tour-De-France-Advantage-Elite/5315914/product.html

Sorry but based on your promotion 9of cheap flashlights for bicycle use I don't take anything you say about any lights with a grain of salt.

Any bottle dynamo that ran on a tire sidewall that I've ever tried has been very poor performing. maybe a newer design with LEd lights is better. I don't know and i don't intend to spend the money to find out.
especially if the dynamo or lights need to be modified in order to work adequately.

Cheers

Old October 20th 14, 12:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://goo.gl/sHJjwe