Riding with a Hernia

Old January 13th 09, 08:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GILD

Default Riding with a Hernia

UekiTylor;1169535 wrote:

I had my yearly checkup today and my doctor says I have a hernia. He
seemed totally unconcerned about unicycling and was sure that no amount
of racking myself with my unicycle or falling off would cause this or
make it significantly worse. However, he is not a unicyclist and I
thought maybe someone here may know a bit more about hernias and
unicycles.

I rode with a pretty major inguinal hernia up until the time I had it
surgically repaired.
After that I didn't even want to see my uni for a couple of weeks.

I'd go with the doctor's advice tho, and have it repaired sooner rather
than later.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'Seager'
(http://tinyurl.com/62anrw) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=85449)
Old January 13th 09, 09:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iAmVincent

I would continue to ride your unicycle. If your hernia gets worse as a
result, then sue him for malpractice. What a swell idea!

--
iAmVincent

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity.
~Voltaire
Old January 16th 09, 04:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UekiTylor

I talked to my surgeon yesterday. He agreed with my doctor that
unicycling or biking or jogging would not be a problem while I wait for
surgery. He said I would need to avoid it after surgery though. I
currently have a minor inguinal hernia, so other people's hernias
mileage may vary.

There is supposed to be good weather this weekend, so I will work on
mastering going in a straight line with no wall!

--
UekiTylor
Old January 16th 09, 05:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

I ride with JC all the time which is pretty much like riding with a
hernia. I have had no trouble with it so far.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

"Natural logs are what you ride on a Mun'e'." - kevinalexandersmith

Riding with a reinjured inguinal hernia chrisc[_3_] General 6 August 15th 08 02:08 AM
hernia and the bike Geoff Pearson UK 7 February 21st 08 07:47 PM
Hernia and bike riding Joseph Australia 3 November 4th 05 10:00 PM
new hernia treatment Vadim Racing 0 May 16th 05 01:07 AM
Can Riding a Recumbent Cause a Hernia? Dom Recumbent Biking 4 November 30th 04 06:58 AM