Route advice - King's Cross to Cannon Street

Old December 23rd 05, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Route advice - King's Cross to Cannon Street

Fast rather than scenic preferred.

Anyone?

Old December 23rd 05, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

In article .com,
iakobski ) wrote:
Fast rather than scenic preferred.

East along Pentonville Road, fork R into Kings Cross Road

Follow Kings Cross Road / Farringdon Road to Ludgate Circus

L up Ludgate Hill past St Pauls, straight on into Cannon Street.

Mr. Charles Kennedy (Krankieburgh): Would the Prime Minister care to
comment on a report in today=3Fs Guardian that he: =3Farrived late for a
meeting with Jacques Chirac, smelling of alcohol, and with body language
suggesting a total disregard for the rights of ethnic minorities, lone
parents and laboratory animals=3F?
Old December 23rd 05, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Bill Gates (MapPoint) with a 15 MPH average speed says:

0.0 Depart Kings Cross [Euston Road, London, NW1 2, United Kingdom, Tel: +44
8457-484950] on A501 [Euston Road] (North-East) 0.2 mi
0.2 Keep RIGHT onto B503 [Kings Cross Road] 0.2 mi
0.4 Bear RIGHT (South) onto A201 [Kings Cross Road] 0.3 mi
0.6 Keep STRAIGHT onto A201 [Farringdon Road] 0.7 mi
1.3 Bear RIGHT (South) onto A201 [Farringdon Street] 0.3 mi
1.6 Turn LEFT (East) onto Ludgate Circus [Ludgate Hill] 10 yds
1.6 Road name changes to Ludgate Hill 0.2 mi
1.8 Bear RIGHT (East) onto St Pauls Churchyard 0.2 mi
1.9 Road name changes to Cannon Street 0.3 mi
2.2 Arrive Cannon Street Underground [Cannon Street, London, EC4N 6, United
Kingdom, Tel: +44 20-72221234]

Looks as good as any
- Pat

oups.com...

Old December 23rd 05, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

iakobski wrote:
Fast rather than scenic preferred.

Anyone?

Grays Inn Rd, Holborn Circus, Shoe Lane, Ludgate Hill.....Mornington
Crescent.

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old December 23rd 05, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Thanks - looks good. I hadn't thought of Shoe La. Though I may try
Holborn Viaduct, Newgate St, Warwick Lane, to avoid Lugate Hill.

Old December 23rd 05, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Thanks. I know I said fast, but isn't Farringdon St a bit on the hairy
side?

Willing to be corrected, it's at least 15 years since I last cycled
down it.

Old December 23rd 05, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

iakobski wrote:
Thanks. I know I said fast, but isn't Farringdon St a bit on the hairy
side?

Willing to be corrected, it's at least 15 years since I last cycled
down it.

Not as nice as Grays Inn Road which is why I prefer it over Farringdon
Road (plus Farringdon Rd doesn't go past Condor Cycles on the way ;-)).
The only difficult bit to negotiate then is Holborn Circus.

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old December 23rd 05, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

iakobski wrote:
Thanks - looks good. I hadn't thought of Shoe La. Though I may try
Holborn Viaduct, Newgate St, Warwick Lane, to avoid Lugate Hill.

That's a good route too and avoids the down Shoe Lane and up Ludgate Hill.

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old December 23rd 05, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Have you tried the journey planner on

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cycles/routes/

Looks like you can turn off the public transport options and get a
cycle route. Haven't tried it myself yet as I rarely cycle in London.

Bob.

Old December 23rd 05, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Bob wrote:
Have you tried the journey planner on

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cycles/routes/

Looks like you can turn off the public transport options and get a
cycle route. Haven't tried it myself yet as I rarely cycle in London.

It gives odd cycle routes whenever I've tried it.
http://www.cyclemaps.com is a much better option IMO.

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

Trip Report - Philadelphia - Ste. Anne de Beaupre, QUE and back Ron Wallenfang Rides 9 June 27th 04 05:35 AM
First Recumbent Century (long) Danny Colyer UK 21 June 10th 04 01:56 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
PA riders: Easton to Philly? Hal Rides 0 July 18th 03 03:53 PM