moving the toque games to quebec city for 2006

Old December 12th 05, 06:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default moving the toque games to quebec city for 2006

here's a thought, originating from julien renaud:

"hey, (mike),

Due to the fact that there is no TOque games this year , I was
wondering if you guys ( The BUUC ) have some trial stuff so that we can
organize something, like a small trial event in the end of the winter.
We will also need an indoor place blah blah blah...... We could also
consider this "event" like a start for the canadian unicycling
organisation that you were talking about a few months ago. I know that
we dont have a lot of time but I think that it could be really fun

Let me know what you think of this.

Ciao"

Mike -I definitelly think you are on to something. as for an indoor
location, that is definitelly a problem for the buuc, but not
necessarilly for us in quebec (l'association de monocycle de quebec,
the unicycling club of the quebec school of circus arts). as for trial
stuf, that is the least of our wories. If we are going to make this
work, we need to know as soon as possible how many people are seriously
interested, and how much each is willing to pay to help cover for
insurance costs, and all the rest.

-If all you guys from the unicycling community could let me know your
interest level (willingness to pay between 10 and 100 dollars as an
entrance fee, pay in advance, actually come... -I am throwing these out
as rough measures -one person has said they would pay about 20$...), I
could initiate the process of planing the event!

so far we seem to have a sizable group -20 and up potentially
interested people.

Mike

--
jenmichael2000
jenmichael2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8180

Old December 12th 05, 05:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Hey Mike,

You are more than welcome to organize a trials event to fill the gap
left by the cancellation of the 2006 TOque Games, however I would ask
that you not call your event TOque for a couple of reasons:

1. TOque is an abbreviation for TOronto Quixotic Unicycle Exhibition.
Since you are looking at hosting your event in Quebec City it doesn't
quite fit in to the abbreviation.

2. The TOque Games are run by the Toronto Unicyclists and there is an
established history and identity to the games. To also call your event
the TOque Games would cause confusion.

That being said, I encourage you to put on your own unicycle event as
the more events there are for riders the better. If you need any advise
for organizing your event let me know and I'll offer all the advise I
can.

Carl Hoyer
TOque Games Organizer

--
muni_guy
muni_guy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/77

Old December 12th 05, 06:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Well, it's been done before.. during the summer. The quebec gang had
organised this (REALLY awesome) trials/muni event on the Mt-Ste-Anne
but they didn't have the time for it this summer.

It would be a great idea sure, but it's kindof like imposing all this
work on Simon and whatnot and I'm more than certain that they're busy.
If Julien wants an event done he should organise it himself here in
Montreal. I would help out. What COULD be done is rent out the Orkus
skate-park I practise at but that would be hard to keep for a whole
weekend.

So yup, I also think that any quickly improvised event like this, that
lacks the history of the Toque games wouldn't attract the same crowd as
Toque does.

--
Murde Mental

"You make love demon style." ~Kristine

Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me
sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a
little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

Old December 13th 05, 05:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

all right, it was not my intention to step on the toes of toque, but to
try to help out all I could.

My proposal is really for all those who miss toque and want to get
together in it's spirit and for whom quebec city is not too far away,
that I can organize for us to host an event here around the same time.

I work with simon, by the way, and if we did put this on, I would be
doing most of the organizing

Old December 15th 05, 07:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Definately interested I'm sure the rest of the BUUCers would be
too...

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

Old December 15th 05, 09:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Murde Mental wrote:
If Julien wants an event done he should organise it himself here in
Montreal. I would help out. What COULD be done is rent out the Orkus
skate-park I practise at but that would be hard to keep for a whole
weekend.

yea, I have tough about it but since we can only rent the orkus at
21h00 the week or something like that, it would be impossible.

My idea was not to organize an event just to say that it would be cool
to have other competition since there is no toque games this year.
Since im not really near quebec city, I cant do a lot. But mike if you
need help dont forget to let me know. I started asking people if they
were interested but since they dont come on msn often its hard so ill
send them email.

Mike: Did simon talk to you about about the comeback of CUMON this year
?

--
kapoute

Damn my english sucks

Julien Renaud
kapoute's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8060

Old December 16th 05, 12:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

evil-nick wrote:
CUMON is back? W007! Maybe I can make it this year

thats really not sure but a friend of simon talk about it..........