Tour de Gastown, Vancouver meetup

Old July 22nd 03, 07:16 AM
Ryan Cousineau

Default Tour de Gastown, Vancouver meetup

Okay, last notice:

If you want to meet Zoot Katz, half of the Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club,
and other Vancouver-based denizens of rbm, this is your big chance. The
Steamworks Tour de Gastown is on Wednesday, July 23rd, 2003. Even if you
like none of these people, you ought to make it to the race, as most of
the major North American teams will be coming in, so this will be the
best racing in the world that night, except maybe in France.

We will be attempting to meet at the following times and locations,
choose your poison:

-before the start of the women's race at 6:30, on Water Street just
opposite the VIP viewing area.

-before the start of the men's race, same place.

-after the racing, approx. 9:00 or shortly after, Subeez, 891 Homer
Street (an easy ride from the race course, so bring your bike).

You will be able to recognize me because I will wear my ridiculous "UBC
STADIUM CRITERIUM CHAMPION" t-shirt:

http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/bike/tshirt.jpg
(see ..~rcousine/ for a picture of me)

http://www.tourdegastown.com/intro.shtml
Info on the race

If you are planning to come, please e-mail me so that we have a reliable
idea of the numbers to expect, especially at Subeez.

Share & Enjoy,
--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club
Old July 22nd 03, 03:28 PM
Brian Huntley

Zoot Katz wrote in message ...
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:16:56 -0700,
, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

You will be able to recognize me because I will wear my ridiculous "UBC
STADIUM CRITERIUM CHAMPION" t-shirt:

I'll wear a lavender skull cap and matching sequined thong.

UNDER the Velociraptor suit, or over?
Old July 22nd 03, 08:23 PM
Zoot Katz

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:36:18 -0500,
, Kevan Smith
/\/\ wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:17:27 -0700, Zoot Katz from
Balsa Pacific Aero Ltd. Engineering & Bicycle Mongery wrote:

The crowds there will be too dense to navigate wearing a 5' tail.

Push them out of the way and say you're an SUV.

Surly Uppity Velociraptor?

naw, dinos are lovers until you start burning their ancestors.
--
zk
Old July 22nd 03, 08:56 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
Zoot Katz writes:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:16:56 -0700,
, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

You will be able to recognize me because I will wear my ridiculous "UBC
STADIUM CRITERIUM CHAMPION" t-shirt:

I'll wear a lavender skull cap and matching sequined thong.

I guess I'll just be one of the guys hanging around the guy
with the UBC Stadium Criterium Champion t-shirt. I just hope
there won't be four other guys with that same t-shirt.

I'll probably wear my t-shirt with the comic police drawing from
the Yellow Pages commercial ("Is /this/ the man who robbed you?")

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old July 24th 03, 07:25 AM
Bernie

Tom Keats wrote:

In article ,
Zoot Katz writes:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:16:56 -0700,
, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

You will be able to recognize me because I will wear my ridiculous "UBC
STADIUM CRITERIUM CHAMPION" t-shirt:

I'll wear a lavender skull cap and matching sequined thong.

I guess I'll just be one of the guys hanging around the guy
with the UBC Stadium Criterium Champion t-shirt. I just hope
there won't be four other guys with that same t-shirt.

I'll probably wear my t-shirt with the comic police drawing from
the Yellow Pages commercial ("Is /this/ the man who robbed you?")

cheers,
Tom

--

Well, I did make it there, sorry I didn't hook up with you guys. I never did
see a "VIP" seating area, watched both races, walked the entire track too. I

They were great races. I quite enjoyed them.
Bernie

Old July 24th 03, 09:47 AM
Bernie

Tom Keats wrote:They sure were. Now we /all/ gotta meet sometime soon.

cheers,
Tom

PS: there sure was a lot of head-turningly lovely women there.

Truly were to all of the above
Bernie

Old July 24th 03, 10:07 AM
Zoot Katz

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:12:21 -0700, ,
(Tom Keats) wrote:

Now we /all/ gotta meet sometime soon.

A tour to the tulips for a sleep-over at Fab's farm?
--
zk
Old July 24th 03, 05:15 PM
Mike Latondresse

Zoot Katz wrote in
:

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:25:31 -0700, ,
Bernie wrote:

Well, I did make it there, sorry I didn't hook up with you guys.
I never did see a "VIP" seating area, watched both races, walked
the entire track too. I think I saw Tom and Zoot, I guess. Did
you tie your bikes up at the pointy end of the course? I saw
someone with tee shirt like that, milk carton, sorry I didn't just
say hi. It was the end of the race, and everyone was heading out.
Couldn't do the bar tonight, so went home.

They were great races. I quite enjoyed them.
Bernie

yep. You probably did see us. Ryan was there too. We were lookin'
for you but didn't know what you look like. Wish you'd have said
hi.

I hung around the pointy end for about 20 min and didn't see anyone who
I could recognize. I was wearing my bright red Campy jersey that
everyone thinks is a Cambells soup ad...too bad I missed you.
Old July 24th 03, 07:39 PM
archer

In article , Kevan Smith
/\/\ says...
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 02:07:13 -0700, Zoot Katz from

(Tom Keats) wrote:

Now we /all/ gotta meet sometime soon.

A tour to the tulips for a sleep-over at Fab's farm?

I was thinking we should have "continental" gatherings. North Americans meet in
North America, Europeans meet in Europe, etc....

The geographic center of North America is 48°10' North, 100°10' West - 6 miles
west of Balta, Pierce County, North Dakota, according to some resources.
According to others, it's in Rugby, North Dakota. Bike riding distance between
the two is a little under 20 miles. The main drawback of the locations for an
RBM gathering is that they are in interminably boring places.

With nothing to do but ride? Sounds fine to me! It's probably flat,
too.

--
David Kerber
An optimist says "Good morning, Lord." While a pessimist says "Good