Mike Vandemann wannabe?

Old November 16th 18, 04:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Mike Vandemann wannabe?

https://bikeportland.org/2018/11/14/...b55f7-29074427

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old November 16th 18, 05:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, November 16, 2018 at 8:23:02 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
https://bikeportland.org/2018/11/14/...b55f7-29074427

Nah, they were allegedly trying to snag "transients" and not mountain bikers. https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...red_in_i-.html

The I-205 bike path is not a picturesque nature trail -- particularly not the garbage-strewn homeless camps under the overpasses. https://media.koin.com/nxs-kointv-me....0_640_360.jpg

Squeezing through there with sleeping or staggering campers is not fun. Now three trashy man-children are adding to the not-fun, along with the glass, trash, etc., etc.

That is one of those "build it and they won't come" facilities -- at least in terms of commute traffic. It's a great facility (where clean) for getting out to the Gorge or areas in east county for recreational rides, but it doesn't see much commute traffic from what I can tell. It is a popular spot for homeless, though.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old November 16th 18, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Friday, November 16, 2018 at 12:04:49 PM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

'"I turned my head forward and the first sensation on my face felt like a bee sting," Ostedgaard said. "It took a split second to realize that it was more of a threat than a bee sting."

She said she'd heard of wire being strung up on a Portland bike path in the past and suspected she'd gotten caught in one. She said she lowered her head, and her helmet took the brunt of the remaining cords that had been set up."

Good grief! That could have had a very tragic ending had those strings caught her throat. For her it appears it's a good thing she was wearing a helmet so that the other strings didn't do even more damage.

Knowing what strings can do at throat level I'm surprised that the three were not charged with attempted murder too.

Cheers
Old November 16th 18, 06:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

[...]

Sounds like that I-205 path is NOT a good place to ride a bicycle.

Cyclist says truck ran him off I-205 bike path
https://bikeportland.org/2007/05/16/...bike-path-3662

Rider calls police after being forced off I-205 path by truck driver

https://bikeportland.org/2017/07/11/...-driver-234385

Cheers
Old November 16th 18, 09:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, November 16, 2018 at 10:11:45 AM UTC-8, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Welcome to the pinhead region of Portland -- and so much for the sanctity of separated facilities. Here is another unfathomably stupid driver who ended up in a narrow bike chute down the middle of the I-205 bridge. https://bikeportland.org/wp-content/...04/205car1.jpg These people make Mr. Magoo look like a driving genius. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8GTHXTEvIc

Crossing the bridge to Washington is kind of fun, assuming no dopes in cars.. It's mostly downhill coming back to Oregon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrE0xcvAYEw Riding along the river on the Washington side is breathtaking this time of year and worth braving the zombie apocalypse on the I-205 bike path. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MicA8q5eWyA

-- Jay Beattie.
Old November 18th 18, 07:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, November 16, 2018 at 9:04:49 AM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

the words "homeless" not ring a bell and perhaps some understanding in you? There are so many homeless around here it is sickening. But many of them are working homeless as well as the poor souls that have been hooked on Mexican Heroin and Methamphetamine.

We also have rather disgusting cases such as I witnessed a month or so ago that we argued about then - that woman who was thrown out of her apartment so that they could triple the rent for an illegal family.

Assaulting anyone is criminal but assaulting people on the edge of sanity should be a lot more than punished.