Brake caliper adapter

Old April 15th 09, 12:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John Thompson

Default Brake caliper adapter

On 2009-04-14, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

How are you drilling the backside of the brake bridge? That's the part
I've never been able to figure out.

You can drill it all the way through and then use a shoulder washer:
http://os2.dhs.org/~john/washer.jpg

--

John )
Old April 15th 09, 04:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Stephen Bauman

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:10:10 -0700, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

How are you drilling the backside of the brake bridge? That's the part
I've never been able to figure out.

If your problem is figuring out the depth to drill, then use drill bit
collars.

http://www.woodcraft.com/images/products/142562.jpg

No, I'm talking about how you access the backside with a drill, since
there's so little clearance. Probably some special right-angle drill?

Adapters are more common than you may think.

http://images1.toolup.com/imdir/prod...49-22-8510.jpg
Old April 15th 09, 05:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Apr 14, 5:03*am, "Paul M. Hobson" wrote:
"Paul M. Hobson" wrote in message
drilled out many a fork and brake bridge. Pretty quick job. Just
slowly increased in bit size incrementally. I'll be easier in the long
run, IMO.

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
How are you drilling the backside of the brake bridge? That's the part
I've never been able to figure out.

I just drill from the outside in.

I've done that before. It was on a round brake bridge where I used
those large curved washers from an old 600 brakeset. Worked fine, even
though the hole was "too large" on the top side. Probably a bad idea
for longevity, as the bridge wasn't reinforced, but I sold that
liability. ;-)

Old April 15th 09, 11:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jim Artherholt

Stephen Bauman wrote:
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:10:10 -0700, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

How are you drilling the backside of the brake bridge? That's the part
I've never been able to figure out.

If your problem is figuring out the depth to drill, then use drill bit
collars.

http://www.woodcraft.com/images/products/142562.jpg

No, I'm talking about how you access the backside with a drill, since
there's so little clearance. Probably some special right-angle drill?

Adapters are more common than you may think.

http://images1.toolup.com/imdir/prod...49-22-8510.jpg

Unfortunately, the Milwaukee tool is for driving screws, not drilling.
Old April 16th 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul M. Cook

"Jim Artherholt" wrote in message

Stephen Bauman wrote:
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:10:10 -0700, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

How are you drilling the backside of the brake bridge? That's the part
I've never been able to figure out.

If your problem is figuring out the depth to drill, then use drill bit
collars.

http://www.woodcraft.com/images/products/142562.jpg
No, I'm talking about how you access the backside with a drill, since
there's so little clearance. Probably some special right-angle drill?

Adapters are more common than you may think.

http://images1.toolup.com/imdir/prod...49-22-8510.jpg

Unfortunately, the Milwaukee tool is for driving screws, not drilling.

You can get short shaft drill bits for cordless drills.

Caliper brake on 36er? MuniAddict Unicycling 16 July 2nd 07 05:48 PM
Caliper Brake Toe in andy Techniques 1 July 11th 06 07:03 AM
Where to buy a caliper Brake for my Coker (UK) steve.colligan Unicycling 8 September 7th 05 05:26 PM
Brake Caliper Overhaul Rob Weinstock Techniques 5 November 19th 04 05:12 PM
Disc Brake Adapter for 2001 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo Frame, Disk Brake HKEK Techniques 0 February 29th 04 03:35 AM