Popularity of cycling.

Old November 28th 15, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cycle-Ops

Default Isn't it funny when Salt & Wriggler gets in wrong?

On 28/11/2015 22:46, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 10:31:48 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:
On 28/11/2015 15:04, Cycle-Ops wrote:
On 28/11/2015 14:50, JNugent wrote:
On 28/11/2015 14:15, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 12:19:17 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/11/2015 10:04, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 9:19:58 AM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
On Saturday, 28 November 2015 09:03:08 UTC, Tom Crispin wrote:

My opinion:
As with nearly everything, cash is the cheapest way to make a van
purchase, and large discounts can be negotiated with the
dearlership. Leasing is simply idiotic, although an easy way to
have a new vehicle. It is just another way money is transferred
from the plankwitted to those with more than an ounce of
intelligence.

Leasing is nearly always a financial blunder.

There is another option.
Get the mug car company to give you a free deposit.
Charge you 0% over 4 years.
Pay a modest final sum and it's all yours.

http://www.alfaromeo.co.uk/finance-offers/giulietta

These offers always exclude the cash discount buyers can negotiate
with the dealership.
http://broadspeed.com/new_cars/Alfa_Romeo/Giulietta/
Better discounts to those on this commercial website are also
available, but showing this to a dealership should give you an
automatic £3000 off the most basic model.

A finance purchase is infinitely preferable to leasing where you pay
your money but have no asset to show for it.

Commercial vehicles, after a life of working hard, are usually worth
very little.

The "asset" - such as it is in those circumstances - can be
illusory. A
well-used commercial vehicle can be difficult to liquidate, but still
needs to be maintained, garaged and kept up to date with MOT,
insurance,
Road Tax, etc.

Trust me.

I have little doubt that what you say is true. I also have little
doubt that van leasing is more expensive in the long run than an
outright purchase.

Unlike Plankwit, I am more inclined to value the opinion of consumer
advice from Which and similar sources than the sales spiel of a van
leasing company.

There are other advantages.

One of them is that every penny paid to rent a vehicle on a lease is tax
deductible. No having to account for depreciation or anything similar.

I was saving that for later. When he'd made a bigger fool of himself.

Mind you, he hasn't realised his biggest error yet. I doubt he will.

No one in their right mind would pay the list price for a Citron Nemo.
£11,365 OTR - more like £8,530 OTR
http://www.perrys.co.uk/citroen-nemo...r-211829-15013

You would, that was the figure YOU started with, halfwit. BTW, that's
not OTR.

£8,295 +VAT+RFL+REG

That's your second biggest **** up.

Still can't work out what your biggest **** up is yet?

--
Dave
Dedicated to finding a cure for cycling.
Old November 29th 15, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 10:51:57 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:

No one in their right mind would pay the list price for a Citron Nemo.
£11,365 OTR - more like £8,530 OTR
http://www.perrys.co.uk/citroen-nemo...r-211829-15013

You would, that was the figure YOU started with, halfwit. BTW, that's
not OTR.

Liar - I started by saying no one in their right mind would pay the list price. The figure I started with was "about £9,000".
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...E/2KD6XsFVCQAJ

Old November 29th 15, 12:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Isn't it wonderful?

On Sat, 28 Nov 2015 01:19:54 -0800 (PST), Alycidon wrote:

On Saturday, 28 November 2015 09:03:08 UTC, Tom Crispin wrote:

My opinion:
As with nearly everything, cash is the cheapest way to make a van purchase, and large discounts can be negotiated with the dearlership. Leasing is simply idiotic, although an easy way to have a new vehicle. It is just another way money is transferred from the plankwitted to those with more than an ounce of intelligence.

Leasing is nearly always a financial blunder.

There is another option.
Get the mug car company to give you a free deposit.
Charge you 0% over 4 years.
Pay a modest final sum and it's all yours.

http://www.alfaromeo.co.uk/finance-offers/giulietta

Oh - have the windscreen wipers gone again - are you getting a new one?

Don't forget to get it serviced before you go on the Vindaloo tour this next
year; it would be a bummer if it broke down.

Old November 29th 15, 02:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

Default Isn't it wonderful when Salt & Wriggler wriggles?

"Cycle-Ops" wrote in message ...

On 28/11/2015 22:12, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 6:56:31 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:

Question 3 gets to the crux of the matter:
http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/blogs...inance-how-dec

===== 3 Do you need to obtain finance to obtain the car? If
no, proceed no further and buy a car with cash. =====

Plankwit has just downsized his home, and, unless he squandered
the equity released on something else, should have had sufficient
cash to buy outright.

I did indeed.

So why didn't he? It is quite clearly the cheapest overall
option.

Because my experienced, qualified, chartered accountant advised me
that it isn't the cheapest option.

I think his advice overrides the opinion of a ****wit like you who
can't handle simple 'sums'. As you have demonstrated in your silly
calculations for a 72 month lease.

So, your super dooper accountant overrides all the best *free* advice
on offer on the Internet? Why pay someone to give you false
information?

It must be true, it's on the internet. Just how ****ing stupid are you?

He doesn't give false information, halfwit.

Do you actually know what a chartered accountant is?

He wouldn't understand.
The old maxim applies: He who does his own accounts, has a fool for an
accountant.

Old November 29th 15, 03:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Tom Crispin" wrote in message

[...]

And everything on the internet is true, isn't it?...

In this life, once it dawns on you that you tend to get exactly what you pay
for, everything becomes a lot easier.
But then again, as a cyclist you will always go for the cheapest option, so
you will always fall into the same old traps.

Old November 29th 15, 03:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Kerr Mudd-John" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 28 Nov 2015 14:06:42 -0000, Tom Crispin wrote:

On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 11:33:34 AM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:
On 28/11/2015 09:03, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 11:35:47 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:
On 27/11/2015 23:20, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 8:45:23 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:
On 27/11/2015 20:06, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 7:07:53 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops
wrote:
When you wind up a group of ****wit cyclists to the point
that they all start discussing your new van.

And still are! How sad.

Liar.

You don't own a van. Or were you lying about not owning one.

I don't own a van, thicko.

So Plankwit leases a van?

It finally got through your thick skull into what we laughingly
call your brain.

Another financial blunder...

Oh is it? Perhaps you can explain why? And make a **** of
yourself again.

Waits for good laugh

My opinion:

Worth nothing.

As with nearly everything, cash is the cheapest way to
make a van purchase, and large discounts can be negotiated with the
dearlership.

An individual cannot negotiate a better discount with a "dearlership"
that a multi million pound lease company, you halfwit.

Oh - so your handyman business is also a multi million pound lease
company?

Leasing is simply idiotic, although an easy way to have
a new vehicle. It is just another way money is transferred from the
plankwitted to those with more than an ounce of intelligence.

Which is why 80% of new vehicles are leased? Is everybody else out of
step?

Jeez - so now you compare your fleet of a single van to British Gas's
fleet of vans.

Leasing is nearly always a financial blunder.

I've snipped all the stuff you Googled and didn't understand properly.
That doesn't count as an answer.

All you need to consider is depreciation and tax relief.

No, Plankwit. All you need to consider is the overall annual cost of
leasing compared with the overall annual cost of purchasing.

Citron Nemo - typical lease £1,136 + £145 pm
Citron Nemo - list price £11,365
Total cost after 72 months...
Lease car: £11,576 paid.
Purchase car: £11,365 paid less equity in van.

You are a special kind of stupid. You need to get yourself an accountant
before you go skint.

Have a read here...
http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/sh...-your-car.html
Come back if you understand what you have read.

Why are trying to help him? Leave him to his own devices.

Where did you get the impression he's trying to help him?
If you believe that, then you are as silly as Crispin.

Old November 29th 15, 03:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message

Tom Crispin considered Fri, 27 Nov 2015 15:20:43
-0800 (PST) the perfect time to write:

On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 8:45:23 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:
On 27/11/2015 20:06, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 7:07:53 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:
When you wind up a group of ****wit cyclists to the point that they
all
start discussing your new van.

And still are! How sad.

Liar.

You don't own a van. Or were you lying about not owning one.

I don't own a van, thicko.

So Plankwit leases a van?

Another financial blunder...

Possibly not, if he is as hard on vans as he is on the English
language.

Have you managed to find an example of where a clear case of manslaughter
was judged to be murder yet?
You've had a more than enough time to find one...
Perhaps I'd better not hold my breath.

Old November 29th 15, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cycle-Ops

On 29/11/2015 01:56, Tarcap wrote:

"Cycle-Ops" wrote in message ...

[...]

I like that. Certainly applies to Salt & Wriggler.
Old November 29th 15, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cycle-Ops

On 28/11/2015 19:05, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Cycle-Ops wrote:
On 28/11/2015 17:54, Tom Crispin wrote:

Plankwit has just downsized his home, and, unless he squandered the
equity released on something else, should have had sufficient cash to
buy outright. So why didn't he? It is quite clearly the cheapest
overall option.

Have you checked to see if you can get finance for some plastic
surgery for your butt ugly wife?

Or bleach for the brat?

Reminds me of a joke;

Woman with baby gets on a bus the driver says "that's the ugliest baby
I've ever seen".

The woman bursts into tears and sits down at the back. A bloke next to
her asks what the matter is.

"The driver upset me"

The bloke says "you go back and insist he appologises. I'll look after
the monkey!"

Old November 29th 15, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 19:07:52 +0000, Cycle-Ops
wrote:

When you wind up a group of ****wit cyclists to the point that they all
start discussing your new van.

Ha ha ha ha!

What a sad bunch of ******s!!

I must admit I have never seen anyone as utterly sad as Cripin is with his
posts recently

What's worse - he just does not get it.

Cycling increases in popularity? David Lang UK 1 August 18th 15 10:28 AM
Popularity of cycling Tarcap UK 4 June 16th 15 10:04 AM
Popularity of Cycling. The Medway Handyman[_4_] UK 1 May 18th 15 10:06 AM
Cycling gaining in popularity in Qatar. atriage[_4_] Racing 4 February 7th 13 06:34 AM
Unicycle Popularity Beener Unicycling 3 December 10th 03 12:15 AM