Cyclist defends himself from two man attack

Old December 7th 15, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

Default Cyclist defends himself from two man attack

Mrcheerful wrote:
On 06/12/2015 20:47, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Alycidon wrote:

Mob handed cowards came off worst.

QUOTE:
A blue Skoda Octavia taxi, driving in the taxi lane south on
Eglington St, had just come to a halt at the traffic lights at
Eglinton St at Kilbirnie St, when the rear seat passenger in the taxi
was punched in the face by a male cyclist also stopped at the lights.

The 30 year old male taxi driver got out of the car to see what was
happening when he too was punched in the face by the cyclist who then
made off on his bike in an unknown direction.

The injured driver went to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital
where he was treated for a fractured cheekbone/eye socket and a
broken nose. The rear seat passenger - no age - sustained minor
injuries and did not require hospital treatment.

"It would appear that the rear seat passenger and the cyclist had
some sort of altercation as the car stopped at the lights and the
cyclist assaulted him and then the taxi driver.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/1..._in_Govanhill/

They must have been very weak men to have been assaulted by a cyclist.
******s on bikes usually go for lone women, children or the elderly.
Scum.

the first one was sitting down in a vehicle, very difficult to defend
yourself in that position, the cyclist was probably tooled up (they
often are) which gives a distinct advantage in a combat situation, plus
all cyclists are permanently annoyed (because of their mode of
transport) so their adrenaline runs high (another reason they die of
heart failure ) Number plates would really help to apprehend road rage
scum.

Yes, because they really help to catch psychopaths ..

'More than 80 per cent of UK drivers have been a victim of road rage,
according to a new survey....'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/survey-reveals-worrying-road-rage-statistics/

But only a couple of thousand prosecutions.

Anyway, my advice to cyclists in the UK is: whatever you do, avoid
self-loading pistols, because the spent casings can roll under a car or
down a drain, and you won't have time to pick them all up.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old December 7th 15, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

Alycidon wrote:
On Sunday, 6 December 2015 20:30:03 UTC, John Smith wrote:
Alycidon wrote:

Mob handed cowards came off worst.

QUOTE: A blue Skoda Octavia taxi, driving in the taxi lane south on
Eglington St, had just come to a halt at the traffic lights at Eglinton
St at Kilbirnie St, when the rear seat passenger in the taxi was punched
in the face by a male cyclist also stopped at the lights.

The 30 year old male taxi driver got out of the car to see what was
happening when he too was punched in the face by the cyclist who then
made off on his bike in an unknown direction.

Cue the psychopaths claiming that the cyclist just punched two men,
unprovoked...

There was a third man in the car, but after his two mates were flattened he wisely kept his gob shut and his head down.

His nose will thank him for it tomorrow.

Anyone know who the cyclist was? I'll be in the UK at the end of this
month, and I do believe he's owed a pint.

Old December 7th 15, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Alycidon" wrote in message

On Monday, 7 December 2015 00:26:21 UTC, Rob Morley wrote:
On Sun, 6 Dec 2015 11:32:30 -0800 (PST)
Alycidon wrote:

[...]

Translation - cyclist badly cut up by taxi, hits passenger for taking
the **** and driver for being the driver.

I've had a taxi passenger get out of the car and strike me on the back while
we were at a red light and then get back into the car. Totally unprovoked.

That's because cyclists are universally hated. Stop riding a child's toy
among normal people and it won't happen.

Old December 7th 15, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 6 Dec 2015 23:32:00 -0800 (PST), Alycidon wrote:

snip

I've had a taxi passenger get out of the car and strike me on the back while we were at a red light and then get back into the car. Totally unprovoked.

What do you mean unprovoked?

He was probably a reader of URC or the letters page of the Hull Daily Mail.

Old December 7th 15, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 07/12/2015 13:28, Judith wrote:
On Sun, 6 Dec 2015 23:32:00 -0800 (PST), Alycidon wrote:

snip

I've had a taxi passenger get out of the car and strike me on the back while we were at a red light and then get back into the car. Totally unprovoked.

What do you mean unprovoked?

He was probably a reader of URC or the letters page of the Hull Daily Mail.

or a parent of one of the youths that had their motorcycle confiscated
after being dobbed in.
Old December 7th 15, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Alycidon wrote:

[...]

So obviously, it's perfectly justified to attack taxi passengers at
random in order to get your retaliation in first.

Yes, I can follow your reasoning.
Old December 7th 15, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 07/12/2015 07:52, John Smith wrote:
JNugent wrote:
On 06/12/2015 20:28, John Smith wrote:

Alycidon wrote:

Mob handed cowards came off worst.
QUOTE: A blue Skoda Octavia taxi, driving in the taxi lane south on
Eglington St, had just come to a halt at the traffic lights at Eglinton
St at Kilbirnie St, when the rear seat passenger in the taxi was punched
in the face by a male cyclist also stopped at the lights.

The 30 year old male taxi driver got out of the car to see what was
happening when he too was punched in the face by the cyclist who then
made off on his bike in an unknown direction.

Cue the psychopaths claiming that the cyclist just punched two men,
unprovoked...

The cyclist certainly can't have been provoked by the passenger's
driving, can he?

No, but he could certainly have been provoked by the passenger's behaviour.

If that were the case, the cyclist would be several sandwiches short of
a picnic and clearly not someone whom society can tolerate out on the
streets.
Old December 7th 15, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 07 Dec 2015 14:00:17 +0000, Mrcheerful
wrote:

On 07/12/2015 13:28, Judith wrote:
On Sun, 6 Dec 2015 23:32:00 -0800 (PST), Alycidon wrote:

snip

I've had a taxi passenger get out of the car and strike me on the back while we were at a red light and then get back into the car. Totally unprovoked.

What do you mean unprovoked?

He was probably a reader of URC or the letters page of the Hull Daily Mail.

or a parent of one of the youths that had their motorcycle confiscated
after being dobbed in.

or another member of staff from BP who read URC and wondered why he had to
actually work whilst at Saltend rather than ****ing about on the internet

Old December 7th 15, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Alycidon wrote:

[...]

Are you sure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZueHaDP4hU

Old December 7th 15, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

On Monday, December 7, 2015 at 3:44:02 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:

That's because cyclists are universally hated. Stop riding a child's toy
among normal people and it won't happen.

Are you sure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZueHaDP4hU

It behaves like Plankwit's slim American cousin.