Bike Valet at Wrigley field

Old April 10th 10, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
[email protected][_2_]

Default Bike Valet at Wrigley field

I just learned that Chicago Cubs' Wrigley field is offering bike
valet. This is a pretty good indication that Americans are becoming
more accepting of the bicycling culture.

Even though I'm not a Cubs fan, it makes me want to ride my tricycle
to a game just to see it in action! Actually, a thing like this might
turn me into a Cubs fan!

Here's a link to the story I saw:
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news...ley-bike-valet

Regards,
Cullen
p.s. GO BREWERS!!!
Old April 10th 10, 10:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Kristian M Zoerhoff

On 2010-04-10, wrote:
I just learned that Chicago Cubs' Wrigley field is offering bike
valet. This is a pretty good indication that Americans are becoming
more accepting of the bicycling culture.

Even though I'm not a Cubs fan, it makes me want to ride my tricycle
to a game just to see it in action! Actually, a thing like this might
turn me into a Cubs fan!

Here's a link to the story I saw:
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news...ley-bike-valet

They've actually done this for several years now. I've used it before, and
it's very nice.

A large motivator is the total lack of parking around Wrigley Field. Note
that the White Sox, just across town, don't offer this service, as the
surrounding neighborhood was leveled for parking. They direct cyclists to
lock up at the nearby CTA station instead.

--

Kristian Zoerhoff