Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude

Old April 16th 10, 04:48 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude

Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude [DUH!]

Montana mountain bikers recently learned that they will see trail
access cut from 170 miles to just 20 miles in Montana's Hyalite-
Porcupine-Buffalo Horn wilderness study area. Mike Van Abel, IMBA's
executive director, said, "IMBA joined the legal proceedings and
provided written testimony asserting that mountain biking does not
compromise a landscape's wilderness attributes. Unfortunately the
judge did not follow our guidance, which puts mountain bike access in
a precarious place -- in Montana and elsewhere."
Old April 16th 10, 06:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude [DUH!]

Montana mountain bikers recently learned that they will see trail
access cut from 170 miles to just 20 miles in Montana's Hyalite-
Porcupine-Buffalo Horn wilderness study area. Mike Van Abel, IMBA's
executive director, said, "IMBA joined the legal proceedings and
provided written testimony asserting that mountain biking does not
compromise a landscape's wilderness attributes. Unfortunately the
judge did not follow our guidance, which puts mountain bike access in
a precarious place -- in Montana and elsewhere."

There is nothing in your post that supports your assertion that the judge
said anything like that. Indeed, the only indication given as to the ruling
is that biking does not compromise the wilderness attributes. We have no
idea what the issues are in this decision, but wilderness sensitivity
appears to be higher on the list of justifications than solitude that you
may or may not enjoy.

Please post the original transcript so we can see if your enjoyment even
entered the court case, or if the issues were entirely different -- as I
suspect will be the case because you are a known liar.

Old April 16th 10, 06:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bruce Jensen

On Apr 16, 10:30*am, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
[...]

Here is an article from which Mike may have drawn that conclusion. It
is easy enough to see why he may have read what he posted.

Bruce
Old April 17th 10, 08:13 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

[...]

You are dummer than a rock! I just quoted IMBA, which you would know
if you followed that link. Take your complaint to THEM (I know you
won't, because you are a coward).
Old April 17th 10, 06:22 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

[...]

The IMBA contribution does not support your wild assertion that a court
ruled that biking ruins solitude.

You lied, that's my only point here. You told a lie and can't provide the
support to prove it isn't a lie, therefore by your own definition, you are a
liar. The only way out of the lies you tell is to provide the proof that it
isn't a lie.

Old April 18th 10, 12:38 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Apr 17, 10:22*am, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
[...]

isn't a lie.- Hide quoted text -

I take it back. You aren't even as smart as a rock. A QUOTE, by
definition, is not a lie. I quoted IMBA. If anyone lied, it is IMBA.
And you, because you accused me of lying, when you should have known
that IMBA said it. Sheesh. Of course, you will never admit that you
were wrong, because you are dishonest to the core -- just like the
mountain bikers you defend..
Old April 18th 10, 05:02 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

[...]

JS
Vandeman, you lying sack dog crap! Here is the IMBA quote, it says nothing
about solitude.

quote
"IMBA joined the legal proceedings and
provided written testimony asserting that mountain biking does not
compromise a landscape's wilderness attributes.

/quote

There is nothing in anything you posted to even begin to suggest that the
judge said biking ruins solitude. YOU said that the court ruled that
mountain biking ruins solitude. There is no evidence in your post to support
your wild assertion. You are a liar.

For a man that spends so much of his time jumping to the conclusion that
since one person in a white t-shirt lied then everybody wearing a whtie
t-shirt is a liar, it seems to me that you would take care that you would
not come around wearing a white t-shirt.

Jesus H. Christ, please tell me that as a PhD you can grasp a metaphor!

/JS

Old April 18th 10, 07:11 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Shraga

On Apr 17, 3:13*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

If you quoted IMBA, where is the reference? That's plagiarism, hardly
what anyone would consider "honest."

Since you chose the coward's route and hid the remainder of the
article (i.e., the truth), I'll post it for you again so everyone else
can read what it actually said and draw their own objective
conclusions.

For those who are interested, there are additional links following the
article providing further information and ways to get involved, if you
choose to side with the mountain bikers. If you choose Dr. Vandeman's
side, I'm sure he has advice for you, perhaps like posting on archaic
news groups with limited readership, writing letters to the editor of
your local paper, preaching to the converted, and ranting like a
lunatic.

From IMBA's 4/12/10 email to their mailing list:

"Last week, Montana mountain bikers saw trail access cut from 170
miles to just 20 miles in the Hyalite-Porcupine-Buffalo Horn area.

"The news led Bob Allen, a devoted Montana mountain bike advocate, to
say, "We are about to lose many, many miles of the best singletrack on
the planet."

"But IMBA has not given up on regaining access to these trails. And
neither should you.

"The restrictions stem from a lawsuit that challenged the Forest
Service's management of the area, setting the stage for similar
scenarios in Montana, and perhaps across the United States.

"Is your favorite trail next? It's essential that you donate to our
advocacy fund now and help IMBA protect the places we ride.

"The judge's decision was not based on environmental impacts caused by
mountain biking. It was intended to increase other trail users'
feeling of solitude.

"By donating to IMBA, you are helping put advocacy staff on the ground
in places where anti-mountain biking policies like this are debated.

"Because of your support we’re also able speak loudly on Capitol Hill.
IMBA staff meet with congressional leaders, testify before
congressional committees and conduct workshops on behalf of riders
like you.

"We all know that one of the best ways to enjoy America's superb
outdoor experiences is from the seat of a bike.

"But think about the magnitude and the importance of challenges we
face as trail users. Opponents to our sport are united and powerful.

"Take the lead with IMBA today and support our work to provide great
trail experiences."

More information is available he

http://www.imba.com/news/news_releas...es_trails.html

Old April 19th 10, 03:43 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Shraga" wrote in message
[...]

If you quoted IMBA, where is the reference? That's plagiarism, hardly
what anyone would consider "honest."

Since you chose the coward's route and hid the remainder of the
article (i.e., the truth), I'll post it for you again so everyone else
can read what it actually said and draw their own objective
conclusions.

For those who are interested, there are additional links following the
article providing further information and ways to get involved, if you
choose to side with the mountain bikers. If you choose Dr. Vandeman's
side, I'm sure he has advice for you, perhaps like posting on archaic
news groups with limited readership, writing letters to the editor of
your local paper, preaching to the converted, and ranting like a
lunatic.

You are describing IMBA of course. A more criminal organization has never
existed.

From IMBA's 4/12/10 email to their mailing list:
[...]

"The judge's decision was not based on environmental impacts caused by
mountain biking. It was intended to increase other trail users'
feeling of solitude.

As usual Mr. Vandeman is 100% correct and everyone else (all the dumb
mountain bikers) are 100% wrong. It was part of the IMBA release and did
not require any quotation marks. After all, these newsgroups are mainly
for idiots, not scholars. Anyone who wants to read what the court actually
said is free to do so.

[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

aka

Old April 19th 10, 05:46 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Apr 18, 9:02*am, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
There is nothing in anything you posted to even begin to suggest that the
judge said biking ruins solitude. YOU said that the court ruled that
mountain biking ruins solitude. There is no evidence in your post to support
your wild assertion. You are a liar.

I never lie. The title was a QUOTE. I didn't write it. DUH! You get
dumber by the minute. I'm going to have to re-calibrate my dumb-meter,
just for you....