powder coating

Old March 27th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default powder coating

how much is the average price for this, like the frame rim , pretty much
everything, the whole uni

--
x1psh1x

the only way out is death

http://myspace.com/captainklunk
x1psh1x's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11791

Old March 27th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

i don't know i was wondering this myself earlier

--
lucky_8

life is a whole lot more fun when you live it on just one wheel.
lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

Old March 27th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Call your local powder coaters. You should be able to find them in the
yellowpages.

Bedford charges 30 for a black frame and 45 for a coloured frame, just
to give you a basic look at things.

If you do a search you can find a tutorial on how to powder coat
yourself.

--
ntappin

Old March 27th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

ya but then ide have to buy all the stuff to do it myself, sounds pricey

Old March 27th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

It is definatly going to be pricey. The only reason I got mine
powdercoated was because my brother is friends with a guy that owns a
powdercoating company and I worked for them for a day to pay it off.

--
ntappin

Old March 27th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

hmm, i know someone whos dad owns a cutom choppers place, so i can
probably get him to do it for cheep, or possibly free. its good to have
connections

Old March 27th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

if you're not too picky about what color you get, it can be pretty cheap
at a place that does larger motorcycle or automotive parts. if you just
say "red" and any shade will do, they can probably get you in while
doing a larger order.

--
markf

stuck in iowa and gainfully employed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old March 27th 06, 08:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

ntappin wrote:
If you do a search you can find a tutorial on how to powder coat
yourself.

More protective than any sunscreen, and stylish as well!

--
weeble

All brontosauruses are thin at one end, much MUCH
thicker in the middle, and then thin again at the
far end. That is the theory that I have and which
is mine, and what it is too. - Ms. Anne Elk
weeble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1625

Old March 27th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

i just got mine done for free, sexy white unicycle

--
dale_dale

dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

Powder coating a hub ntappin Unicycling 7 February 22nd 06 08:05 PM
Powder Coating Cost thayr Unicycling 5 March 17th 05 08:48 AM
Instruction on stripping and painting a bike Dan Daniel Techniques 13 January 7th 05 10:17 PM
Powder Coat vs. Wet Paint... rosco Techniques 34 November 25th 03 02:20 PM