Pictures/Opinions of M5 front suspension?

Old June 26th 04, 07:44 PM
Robert Haston

Default Pictures/Opinions of M5 front suspension?

I have the mono shock version. The shock works well and the fork looks
cool.

Although for some reason on my used bike, the fork is slightly out of
alignment and pulls slightly. I would take it to a frame shop and have them
bend it back slightly, but I am afraid to.

"Tom Nicholson" wrote in message
om...
Anyone out there like to post some picture of the M5 Duo shock / Mono
shock suspension? Or even a sketch/description of whats inside?

I'm also after opinions on how it behaves. I'm thinking of buying an
M5 Shockproof, and want to know weather I should get the front
suspension version.

If the suspension doesn't perform well, then I'm inclined to leave it
out and get a nicer chainline and lighter bike..

Just wondering how much travel there is, how they feel, ect..
Also is the stiffness adjustable?

Thanks,

Tom

Old June 27th 04, 01:12 PM
bernward halfkann

Am/le/on Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:45:41 +0200, Techno schrieb/a écrit/wrote:

The front shock is not adjustable, and the coil spring is not
replacable.

Hallo,

you can replace the coil spring. I changed the spring supplied with the
bike to a stronger one which you can order at M5. My shockproof 406 was
equipped with a special (very long) Allen key to open the spring
mechanism.

A little disadvantage of the M5 front suspension is the lack of a damping
effect.

Regards
bernward
Old June 29th 04, 01:42 PM
bernward halfkann

Am/le/on Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:51:20 +0200, Tom Nicholson schrieb/a
écrit/wrote:

Does that mean that you feel a bit of pedal 'bob' during riding? or
that after going over a bump the suspension bounces up and down a
little?

Only by going over heavy bumps the front suspension bounces.

Also do you have the sidepull brakes and what do you think of them. Are
they good enough for a tour with gear?

I have Magura HS 33 hydraulic brakes.

Regards
bernward

Canadian Tire bike: Super Cycle Gravity cam Mountain Biking 15 March 22nd 04 08:11 AM
front suspension needed! jim Off Road 1 September 16th 03 09:51 AM
Is seat suspension enough? optimistx Recumbent Biking 6 August 19th 03 01:03 AM