An Apology

Old June 9th 04, 06:57 AM
Graeme

Default An Apology

"DRS" wrote in news:ca67lo$ike$1
@lust.ihug.co.nz:

I do lead by example. But I will not be silent on this. Top posting is
wrong. It is selfish, inconsiderate and stupid.

As a lurker and occasional poster, the example you seem to set is one of an
argumentative sod. You may not be silent on it if you wish, but more and
more people will stop listening to you and stick you in their kill files.
You do make good contributions to aus.bike, so it would be your loss and
their loss if they did so.

People know your views on top posting. I happen to share them, but you
don't need to ram it down their throats. Doing so doesn't win anyone over
to your cause and just makes people more likely to stand their ground even
if they have even a slight inclination to change their ways.

Graeme
Old June 9th 04, 07:08 AM
DRS

"Graeme" wrote in message
.51
"DRS" wrote in news:ca67lo$ike$1
@lust.ihug.co.nz:

I do lead by example. But I will not be silent on this. Top
posting is wrong. It is selfish, inconsiderate and stupid.

As a lurker and occasional poster, the example you seem to set is one
of an argumentative sod. You may not be silent on it if you wish, but
more and more people will stop listening to you and stick you in
their kill files. You do make good contributions to aus.bike, so it
would be your loss and their loss if they did so.

People who would killfile me instead of the troublemakers are probably not
people I would want to converse with anyway.

People know your views on top posting. I happen to share them, but you
don't need to ram it down their throats. Doing so doesn't win anyone
over to your cause and just makes people more likely to stand their
ground even if they have even a slight inclination to change their
ways.

The morons who read my sig and hit upon the least original idea on the Net
and go,"I know, I'll show him - I'll top post 'No, it's not!' her-her-her"
are not going to be persuaded by appeals to either reason or consideration
for others anyway.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 9th 04, 07:15 AM
byron27

Drs wrote:
"flyingdutch" wrote in message news:f9-
:f9wx c.54032$Nu2.47098@fe3-
0.usenetserver.com
cfsmtb wrote:
Keep posting Andrew. Your contributions are worthwhile.

Second that! I too had a run in with Drs with him falsely accusing of
all kinds of stuff

That is not true. Google is my friend. You did say the false things
about *me* I accused *you* of and I cited your own posts to prove it.
Must I do it again?
--
A: Top-posters.
B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

is top posting like the butterfly effect? one top post in one area o
the world will cause gastric ulcers in drs's stomach

-

Old June 9th 04, 07:19 AM
Graeme

"DRS" wrote in
:

The morons who read my sig and hit upon the least original idea on the
Net and go,"I know, I'll show him - I'll top post 'No, it's not!'
her-her-her" are not going to be persuaded by appeals to either reason
or consideration for others anyway.

True enough, so why not just give it up loony baiting for a peaceful life?

Graeme
Old June 9th 04, 07:30 AM
flyingdutch

Drs wrote:
That is not true. Google is my friend. You did say the false things
about *me* I accused *you* of and I cited your own posts to prove it.
Must I do it again?

Yes you cited them. but they didnt back up what you said! I didnt lie
And according to everyone (and yes i mean EVERYONE in here) google i
your only friend. You do contribute the occasional good thing but yo
are ruining this forum for us al

Now be a good chap and BE NICE! dont ruin this thread too with anothe
tete-a-tet

-

Old June 9th 04, 08:27 AM
Theo Bekkers

"DRS" wrote

But I will not be silent on this.

Goodbye then.

Theo

Old June 9th 04, 11:27 AM
cfsmtb

Google gives the false illusion of a greater intelligence

-

Old June 9th 04, 12:48 PM
DRS

"Graeme" wrote in message
.51
"DRS" wrote in
:

The morons who read my sig and hit upon the least original idea on
the Net and go,"I know, I'll show him - I'll top post 'No, it's not!'
her-her-her" are not going to be persuaded by appeals to either
reason or consideration for others anyway.

True enough, so why not just give it up loony baiting for a peaceful
life?

Because top posting is selfish, inconsiderate and stupid. Saying nothing is
to acquiesce and I won't do that. If you people want this sort of thing to
stop then stop being silent even though you know I'm right and you agree
with me. The more people who speak out the earlier the better.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 9th 04, 12:49 PM
DRS

"DRS" wrote

Whatever. You might be content to let the ****heads take over, I'm not.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 9th 04, 12:51 PM
DRS

Drs wrote:
That is not true. Google is my friend. You did say the false

things about *me* I accused *you* of and I cited your own posts
to prove it. Must I do it again?

Yes you cited them. but they didnt back up what you said! I didnt lie.

Oh, yes they did and if you start up that **** again I'll rub your nose in
it again. You misrepresented me, I proved it then and I'll prove it again
and again as long if you keep bringing it up.

And according to everyone (and yes i mean EVERYONE in here) google is

More bull****.

your only friend. You do contribute the occasional good thing but you
are ruining this forum for us all

Bull****. Standing up for what's right cannot ruin anything. It's the
****heads who are ruining this forum, them and the fools who don't care if
they take over.

Now be a good chap and BE NICE! dont ruin this thread too with another
tete-a-tete

You started it. Don't try to tell me I can't finish it.

--

A: Top-posters.

An Apology Just zis Guy, you know? UK 4 May 20th 04 02:32 AM
Apology if Mad Bill Pal m er has been annoying members of alt.motorcycles.harley? Twinkles Mountain Biking 9 October 30th 03 02:56 PM