An Apology

Old June 19th 04, 12:34 PM
DRS

Default An Apology

"Alex" wrote in message

I don't agree with you. I like postings at the top, unless they are in
response to specific points. Usually I read down a thread and don't
need to scroll through all the same crap that I saw in the previous
thread.

Not snipping extraneous material is also wrong but what you are saying is
that two wrongs make a right, but they don't. Top-posting is never
justified.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 19th 04, 12:34 PM
DRS

"Alex" wrote in message

What annoys me more than top posting, which doesn't annoy me at all is
people who respond to a thread and you have to look all the way down
the bottom to find that they have said something quite arcane, such
as, "yeah"

Not snipping extraneous material is also wrong but what you are saying is
that two wrongs make a right, but they don't. Top-posting is never
justified.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 19th 04, 12:35 PM
DRS

"Alex" wrote in message

I think I understand where you are coming from. Although that is not a
pretty image. You studied latin at school didn't you. And post means
after. And that is where it should be placed. I finally see the
light. Please accept my humblest apologies, oh learnd one.

I would if it was sincere, which it clearly is not.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 20th 04, 12:45 PM
flyingdutch

Drs wrote:
I would if it was sincere, which it clearly is not.

Actually, i read it as indeed being sincere, Drs. Perhaps you could back
off occasionally and take the prickly hat off.

PS totally OT, but a few threads ago you mentioned you would be faster
than me cos your bike's wheels were bigger than my mtb's (think of
the wierdest stuff on a bike, i does). piffle! i say. Triathletes use
650c wheels to go faster, and your wheels are bigger than Lance's,
but i bet you aint wearin yeller

Old June 20th 04, 12:51 PM
DRS

"flyingdutch" wrote in message

Drs wrote:
I would if it was sincere, which it clearly is not.

Actually, i read it as indeed being sincere, Drs. Perhaps you could
back off occasionally and take the prickly hat off.

Maybe you should stop always trying to make me out to be the bad guy. If
his apology was sincere he would have bottom posted it.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old July 12th 04, 12:01 AM
? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}

"Alex" writes:

[...]

I'll take efficiency over some form of imposed custom any time.

However in posting is more efficent. If quoted correctly it results
in smaller posts and the context of the reply is immeditly clear.

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.
Old July 12th 04, 12:04 AM

"Alex" writes:

What annoys me more than top posting, which doesn't annoy me at all is
people who respond to a thread and you have to look all the way down the
bottom to find that they have said something quite arcane, such as,
"yeah"

The classic AOL reply, yes it is extreemly annoying.

I can think of many things more important than a eutopia where only bottom
dwellers exist.

Oh for Usenet before the september that never ended.

An Apology Just zis Guy, you know? UK 4 May 20th 04 02:32 AM
Apology if Mad Bill Pal m er has been annoying members of alt.motorcycles.harley? Twinkles Mountain Biking 9 October 30th 03 02:56 PM