Please ignore this post

Old July 10th 04, 09:29 AM
GDS

Default Please ignore this post

Like I said, please feel free to ignore this post as it's for my own curiosity. I just want to see the amount of spam
(if any) the supplied email addy generates.

Sorry for taking up your time.

G.

gdstestingnews at yahoo dot com dot au

Old July 10th 04, 11:52 AM
kingsley

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:59:29 +0930, GDS wrote:

Like I said, please feel free to ignore this post as it's for my own
curiosity. I just want to see the amount of spam (if any) the supplied
email addy generates.

You'll get bugger-all posting in that manner, probably none.
The bulk of the address harvesting comes from the headers to
the article, particularly the Reply-To: field.

-kt

--
Kingsley Turner,
(mailto: )

Old July 10th 04, 12:48 PM
DRS

"GDS" wrote in message

Like I said, please feel free to ignore this post as it's for my own
curiosity. I just want to see the amount of spam (if any) the
supplied email addy generates.

Sorry for taking up your time.

There are test groups for testing. Use alt.test next time.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old July 10th 04, 01:22 PM

I really don't understand all this "Top Poster" "Bottom Poster" argument.

How is it better to have no choice but to scroll through comments you've
already read ?

Click on message, scroll, scroll, scroll.

Seems completely illogical to me.

*Top posting because it's logical*

--
Tony

ISH

Remove the fish to reply
--= This is a fish anti-spam device =--

`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸((((º
"DRS" wrote in message
"GDS" wrote in message

Like I said, please feel free to ignore this post as it's for my own
curiosity. I just want to see the amount of spam (if any) the
supplied email addy generates.

Sorry for taking up your time.

There are test groups for testing. Use alt.test next time.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old July 10th 04, 02:05 PM
DRS

"((((º" wrote in message

I really don't understand all this "Top Poster" "Bottom Poster"
argument.

Like you don't already know, troll.

Bottom vs. top posting and quotation style on Usenet
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html

Why is Bottom-posting better than Top-posting
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gey_stv0.htm

http://www.fscked.co.uk/writing/top-posting-cuss.html

--

A: Top-posters.

Old July 10th 04, 03:41 PM

Thanks for the links DRS.

Interesting claims people are making about Top and Bottom posting there.
Most of which seem illogical to me though unfortunately.

I prefer to top post because it is more logical to me, and it is easier to
read.

I've been online for over twelve years now, and bottom posting has always
given me the ****s. I just skip a message altogether if someone quotes 3
pages of text before trying to add a single sentence at the bottom.

Thanks again for the links, I'll book mark those.

Ps. I'm not a Troll. You made the point of using a bait in your signature
that some people would nibble on. So by definition your the Troll here since
you were the one baiting people, not I.

--

"DRS" wrote in message
"((((º" wrote in message

I really don't understand all this "Top Poster" "Bottom Poster"
argument.

Like you don't already know, troll.

Bottom vs. top posting and quotation style on Usenet
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html

Why is Bottom-posting better than Top-posting
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gey_stv0.htm

http://www.fscked.co.uk/writing/top-posting-cuss.html

--

A: Top-posters.

Old July 10th 04, 03:54 PM
DRS

"((((º" wrote in message

Thanks for the links DRS.

Interesting claims people are making about Top and Bottom posting
there. Most of which seem illogical to me though unfortunately.

I prefer to top post because it is more logical to me, and it is
easier to read.

It is not logical to put the answer before the question. When you top-post
you impose on others by forcing them to reorder the material so it makes
sense. That's called selfishness.

I've been online for over twelve years now, and bottom posting has
always given me the ****s. I just skip a message altogether if
someone quotes 3 pages of text before trying to add a single sentence
at the bottom.

You are confusing two different issues. Not snipping extraneous quoted
material is also wrong but it does not justify top-posting.

Thanks again for the links, I'll book mark those.

Ps. I'm not a Troll. You made the point of using a bait in your
signature that some people would nibble on. So by definition your the
Troll here since you were the one baiting people, not I.

It's not bait.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old July 10th 04, 11:28 PM
John L

Tony,

Iv'e also been posting to newsgroups for over fourteen years & DRS is
the only person ever to complain to me about top posting. Yes he is a
troll & I also believe top posting makes more sense. I must admit to
baiting this poor anally fixated soul, but I can't help it, he is so
easy.

I have a mental picture of him riding in a peleton on his tricycle
with a 50cc motor attached, with a megaphone, ordering other riders to
stay in line, don't draft too close, don't use your elbows, then
someone giving him a big boot into the nearest ditch, leaving him
lying there crying out 'BUT WHY" :-)

John L.

Old July 10th 04, 11:35 PM
DRS

"John L" wrote in message

Tony,

Iv'e also been posting to newsgroups for over fourteen years & DRS is
the only person ever to complain to me about top posting.

I don't believe you.

Yes he is a
troll

For someone who claims to have been around Usenet so long you don't know
what a troll is, because I contribute far too much and have for far too long
to ever be considered one.

& I also believe top posting makes more sense.

But you're just stupid. Putting the answer before the question is always
stupid.

I must admit to
baiting this poor anally fixated soul, but I can't help it, he is so
easy.

And what does that say about you?

I have a mental picture of him riding in a peleton on his tricycle
with a 50cc motor attached, with a megaphone, ordering other riders to
stay in line, don't draft too close, don't use your elbows, then
someone giving him a big boot into the nearest ditch, leaving him
lying there crying out 'BUT WHY" :-)

You should get a mind before trying mental pictures of anything.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old July 10th 04, 11:42 PM
John L

D R Sole, your replies are getting more pathetic by the minute :-)

You sounf like a small child screaming :"and so are you".

Can't you be a little more creative with your responses, or are you
already working to the upper limits of you vocabulary & IQ.

John L.

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 08:35:44 +1000, "DRS"
wrote:

"John L" wrote in message

[...]

WTB: Thomson post for parts Remy Marketplace 2 July 26th 04 05:13 PM
test post ignore Zeke General 4 April 26th 04 05:55 AM
"Liquid Drive" bike prototype at auction Chalo Techniques 87 December 3rd 03 05:41 AM
Improving seat clamp and post joona Unicycling 5 October 3rd 03 03:32 PM