Campy chain ring upgrade

Old September 1st 04, 05:25 AM
Fred

Default Campy chain ring upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Chorus derailleur and cassette from 8 speed
(circa 1998) to 10 speed (circa 2003/2004). I noticed that some of the
teeth on my inner front chain ring (39T) are wearing down and decided
to replace it, too.

After some on-line shopping I was surprised to learn that there are
special chain rings for a 10 speed Campy Chorus system. Are the rings
thinner? Is there a special chain required that is narrower?

What's going on?

Thanks in advance for your help.

FF
Old September 1st 04, 11:36 AM
Bruni

Old style is fine. An added benefit is less "dingle", that annoying
small-small rub on the inside big ring. In any case difference is
negligible, you won't lose the chain between rings.
Tom

--
Bruni Bicycles
"Where art meets science"
om...

Old September 1st 04, 01:55 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

rubicon- After some on-line shopping I was surprised to learn that there are
special chain rings for a 10 speed Campy Chorus system. Are the rings
thinner? Is there a special chain required that is narrower? BRBR

Small ring is the same, big ring has the area where they meet the crank spider
releived a bit to make them closer together. You can use these w/o problem with
a 8s system, or get older ones, like we have. They are not thinner.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
FYI chain question results dreaded General 5 September 15th 04 09:16 PM
chain ring replacement kziegel Techniques 8 August 17th 04 05:00 PM
Campy Ergo Shifter - Rebuild or Upgrade? Arthur Shapiro Techniques 7 August 4th 04 06:30 PM
Single chain ring advice Spencer Bullen UK 2 March 22nd 04 06:17 PM