backpacks

Old April 4th 14, 10:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Default backpacks

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
well, I go with Kelty but at $75 Jahnsport, Gregory, North Face, Kelty
are similar. These are standard use age bags. Other manufacturers are
sewing for more specific uses or personal choices. You need to go into
REI or wherever n look n fondle the bags.

developing acumen for choosing a non standard bag beyond mesh pockets ect
requires on the ground and reading knowledge.

different standard bags may fit your back n biking posture differently
but with the standard lineup there the differences would be standard.

The Kelty here swallows as much as I want to carry...maybe a 1600 ? when
onmmy back the bag sensation usually disappers unless road heat goes into
the 100's then it gets sweaty at low speeds. But not bad.

I have a Tioga frame pack: practicing with it at Alder Creek the damn
thing ruined my feet from size 14E to 15EE

Thanks. We have MEC here. I'll go check them out.
--
duane
Old April 4th 14, 01:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

find one with polyester oxford n 3 pockets

a large aganst the back freight compartment

a compartmented section separated wit pockets and a zippered mesh bag with key ring hook....bike tools go in the back of this section....chapstick I the pockets

then a 3rd smaller outside back pocket for immediate stuff like a knife n gas gun...paper towel wad.....

MEC has a bag with a lung ? wood smoke ?

http://www.mec.ca/product/5028-991/b...g-2012-unisex/

Built-in AvaLung® is an air pocket and breathing tube that provides a supply of oxygen from the snowpack and directs exhaled air away, thus preventing CO2 contamination. Integrated with the shoulder strap, it's been improved for better airflow and neater integration of the valve box so it doesn't press against your shoulder.

Old April 4th 14, 01:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 4/4/2014 8:38 AM, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:

find one with polyester oxford n 3 pockets

a large aganst the back freight compartment

a compartmented section separated wit pockets and a zippered mesh bag with key ring hook....bike tools go in the back of this section....chapstick I the pockets

then a 3rd smaller outside back pocket for immediate stuff like a knife n gas gun...paper towel wad.....

MEC has a bag with a lung ? wood smoke ?

http://www.mec.ca/product/5028-991/b...g-2012-unisex/

Built-in AvaLung® is an air pocket and breathing tube that provides a supply of oxygen from the snowpack and directs exhaled air away, thus preventing CO2 contamination. Integrated with the shoulder strap, it's been improved for better airflow and neater integration of the valve box so it doesn't press against your shoulder.

Should have a lung for that price.

I was looking more at this one:
http://www.mec.ca/product/5035-762/d...ex/?f=10+50804

Still a bit expensive but I have to go there and check them out. There
are several similar.

Old April 4th 14, 04:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 4/3/2014 12:55 PM, Duane wrote:
Looking for a recommendation for a good backpack to use for commuting.
~20 liter. I've seen some made by Deuter that seem good but I don't
know this brand. Looking for something fairly light and vented to
reduce sweat.

Deuter Futura 28
North Face Hot Shot

Old April 4th 14, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 4/4/2014 11:21 AM, sms wrote:
On 4/3/2014 12:55 PM, Duane wrote:
Looking for a recommendation for a good backpack to use for commuting.
~20 liter. I've seen some made by Deuter that seem good but I don't
know this brand. Looking for something fairly light and vented to
reduce sweat.

Deuter Futura 28
North Face Hot Shot

Was just looking at the Deuter Futura 28. Similar to the
http://www.mec.ca/product/5031-500/d...ans-alpine-30/

Thanks.
Old April 4th 14, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 4/4/2014 8:45 AM, Duane wrote:
On 4/4/2014 11:21 AM, sms wrote:
On 4/3/2014 12:55 PM, Duane wrote:
Looking for a recommendation for a good backpack to use for commuting.
~20 liter. I've seen some made by Deuter that seem good but I don't
know this brand. Looking for something fairly light and vented to
reduce sweat.

Deuter Futura 28
North Face Hot Shot

Was just looking at the Deuter Futura 28. Similar to the
http://www.mec.ca/product/5031-500/d...ans-alpine-30/

Thanks.

Actually have no idea about the venting, but these are good backpacks if
you're going to be taking along a laptop.
Old April 4th 14, 05:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 4/4/2014 12:27 PM, sms wrote:
On 4/4/2014 8:45 AM, Duane wrote:
On 4/4/2014 11:21 AM, sms wrote:
On 4/3/2014 12:55 PM, Duane wrote:
Looking for a recommendation for a good backpack to use for commuting.
~20 liter. I've seen some made by Deuter that seem good but I don't
know this brand. Looking for something fairly light and vented to
reduce sweat.

Deuter Futura 28
North Face Hot Shot

Was just looking at the Deuter Futura 28. Similar to the
http://www.mec.ca/product/5031-500/d...ans-alpine-30/

Thanks.

Actually have no idea about the venting, but these are good backpacks if
you're going to be taking along a laptop.

Maybe occasionally but I try to leave the laptop at work. When I say
venting, I mean on the back. The CamelBack that I use has vents along
the material where it hits your back so it gets some air flow to keep it
cooler. Some backpacks made for cycling have this but I don't think the
North Face does. I haven't looked at the Deuters except on line so I'll
check when I see them.
Old April 4th 14, 06:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

http://www.mec.ca/product/5035-769/d...ckpack-unisex/

heavy duty nylon ? zips in right places.
See the others bottom zip ? each pocket bellows out holding the lathe, AKA, Qt cold cranberry RB.....

http://goo.gl/6DhXPt

temper SMS, that's California en extremo....he'll have you rolling around in hot sand....

Nylon bags may need weldwood patching ifn ura lucky in uh 3 years ? or one sharp hooking thingee.
Old April 4th 14, 08:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per Duane:
I need something a little larger.

Maybe somebody with experience can comment on messenger bags.

I have one, but have not used it much. OTOH, the thing is practically
bottomless.... holds a huge amount.... and seems fairly comfortable.
--
Pete Cresswell
Old April 4th 14, 08:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 4/4/2014 3:17 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Duane:
I need something a little larger.

Maybe somebody with experience can comment on messenger bags.

I have one, but have not used it much. OTOH, the thing is practically
bottomless.... holds a huge amount.... and seems fairly comfortable.

I'm looking for something snug on my back. Don't need it to carry much.