Record BB fit Daytona crank?

Old August 21st 04, 12:38 AM
F1Vanc

Default Record BB fit Daytona crank?

Will a Record bottom bracket (102 MM) fit Daytona crank arms? I've been
told that it will not, but others say it will. I have a great Record BB
and would like to put it into my bike that has a Daytona group. They
are both square taper spindle mount but some say that the Record crank
is slightly different in shape or dimensions. Any help out there?
Thanks,

John

Old August 21st 04, 02:02 AM
Donald Gillies

F1Vanc writes:

Will a Record bottom bracket (102 MM) fit Daytona crank arms? I've been
told that it will not, but others say it will. I have a great Record BB
and would like to put it into my bike that has a Daytona group. They
are both square taper spindle mount but some say that the Record crank
is slightly different in shape or dimensions. Any help out there?
Thanks,

The record BB is 102 mm symmetric. a 51 mm offset from centerline.
The daytona / AC is 110 mm asymmetric. Something like 58 mm offset
(+/- 1 mm) from centerline. (52 - 58 or 51 - 59).

If you happen to have, say, a steel frameset with A LOT of clearance,
there is a small chance you could squeeze that crank 7 mm closer to
the frame without having the inner chainring hit. You would probably
have big problems with a small front - small rear chainline. The
spindles certainly are compatible.

I'd say it's unlikely to work though. On the other, if you can trade
your double BB for a record/chorus triple BB, then the difference
would be only 3 mm (55 - 55 vs. 52 - 58) and your chances would
greatly improve.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA
Old August 21st 04, 03:25 AM
wannagofast

Or you could go to rbm and find a good used record or chorus crank and do it
the way it was intended.

Old August 21st 04, 01:52 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

chuck- Will a Record bottom bracket (102 MM) fit Daytona crank arms?
BRBR

No, the crank will hit the right chainstay. That crank needs a 111mm BB
spindle.

It will not and if anybody says it will needs to get zee clue.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Old Campy Record crank taper. Lim Techniques 20 February 20th 04 03:34 AM
Middle chainring on Campy Record triple crank Ted Techniques 3 August 5th 03 03:08 PM