What cassetts will fit my 03 Chorus 10spd?

Old August 19th 04, 08:27 PM
Phil Cox

Default What cassetts will fit my 03 Chorus 10spd?

I have a short hanger, so at this time, I am guessing I have the following
cassette options:

Chorus 10 spd: 11-23, 12-25, 13-26

Will Record Cassettes fit?

Will the Centaur-10 Cassette fit?

Thanks,

Phil

Old August 20th 04, 01:59 AM
Mark Janeba

Phil Cox wrote:
I have a short hanger, so at this time, I am guessing I have the following
cassette options:

Chorus 10 spd: 11-23, 12-25, 13-26

Will Record Cassettes fit?

Will the Centaur-10 Cassette fit?

Record, Chorus, Centaur, Veloce are all interchangeable if the same
number of teeth and number of cogs (and often even if not).

Mark Janeba (using Veloce9 on my Chorus9 - cheap cassettes)

Old August 20th 04, 02:23 AM
bfd

"Mark Janeba" wrote in message
Phil Cox wrote:
I have a short hanger, so at this time, I am guessing I have the

following
cassette options:

Chorus 10 spd: 11-23, 12-25, 13-26

Will Record Cassettes fit?

Will the Centaur-10 Cassette fit?

Record, Chorus, Centaur, Veloce are all interchangeable if the same
number of teeth and number of cogs (and often even if not).

Agree, at different times, I have put Record 9 13-26, Veloce 9 13-28 and

Record 10 13-29 cassettes on my 2000 Chorus rear hub wheel. Have NOT had a
problem yet....

Old August 20th 04, 01:59 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

phil- I have a short hanger, so at this time, I am guessing I have the
following
cassette options:

Chorus 10 spd: 11-23, 12-25, 13-26

Will Record Cassettes fit? BRBR

Any Campagnolo 9s or 10s will fit including the 10s 13-29...with your changer.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old August 20th 04, 02:43 PM
Tuschinski

Qui si parla Campagnolo Wrote:
phil- I have a short hanger, so at this time, I am guessing I hav
the
following
cassette options:

Chorus 10 spd: 11-23, 12-25, 13-26

Will Record Cassettes fit? BRBR

Any Campagnolo 9s or 10s will fit including the 10s 13-29...with you
changer.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Peter,

Is there a significant difference in mileage you can get with a Veloce
Centaur, Chorus, Record Standard or Record Titanium Cassette?

I had my LBS make a set of handmade custom wheels and asked for
Chorus Cassette. I knew other cassettes would fit, but I could affor
it and my bike has Chorus 03. I'm curious how dumb that decision was:
I think I could have taken a Veloce Cassette and never would feel an
difference

--
Tuschinski

Old August 20th 04, 07:27 PM
bfd

Tuschinski wrote in message ...

I'm curious how dumb that decision was
I think I could have taken a Veloce Cassette and never would feel any
difference.

When I went from my Record 9 13-26 cassette to a Veloce 9 13-28, you
could *feel* the difference when you hold the two in your hand.
However, once on the wheel, you won't feel a thing.

Use the cassette you have now and when you need another, save your
money and get the Veloce!
Old August 21st 04, 02:10 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Tuschinski- Is there a significant difference in mileage you can get with a
Veloce,
Centaur, Chorus, Record Standard or Record Titanium Cassette? BRBR

Only on the ti cogs. All the steel is identical with just different spline
attrach 'systems', ala a aluminum carrier. Ti cogs don't wear as well as steel.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302