Chain gang popularity at top of cycle

Old May 15th 06, 10:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Chain gang popularity at top of cycle

Today's Age:

Chain gang popularity at top of cycle

http://tinyurl.com/kto6b
Old May 15th 06, 10:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Spoken4 Wrote:
Today's Age:

Chain gang popularity at top of cycle

http://tinyurl.com/kto6b

"the growing presence of these bunches of cyclists conducting virtual
races on public roads presents a number of challenges."

Yes.. like where to install the BR winners podium…

--
gplama

Old May 15th 06, 11:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-05-15, gplama (aka Bruce)

Spoken4 Wrote:
Today's Age:

Chain gang popularity at top of cycle

http://tinyurl.com/kto6b

"the growing presence of these bunches of cyclists conducting virtual
races on public roads presents a number of challenges."

Yes.. like where to install the BR winners podium…

Bugger off. You're not giving you a green, yellow and polka dot
jersey.

--
TimC
Hell - n. The current residence of Mr. Noah Webster, Lexicographer.
Old May 15th 06, 01:08 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Spoken4 Wrote:
Today's Age:

Chain gang popularity at top of cycle

http://tinyurl.com/kto6b

Must of been a slooowwww news day at The Rage, this is a rehash of a
rehash of a .. ok you get the picture. Hey, cycling is the nu golf!

--
cfsmtb

Old May 16th 06, 12:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Spoken4 wrote:
Today's Age:

Chain gang popularity at top of cycle

http://tinyurl.com/kto6b

"For many recreational riders, the attraction is not prizemoney or the
prestige of winning a sprint but the chance to discuss their
"conquests" at length over a latte following the morning's ride."

"Conquests"? Man, that is so juvenile high school/university talk ...
and way too early in the morning to be thinking of such things!

:P

Old May 16th 06, 01:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle

cfsmtb Wrote:
Must of been a slooowwww news day at The Rage, this is a rehash of a
rehash of a .. ok you get the picture. Hey, cycling is the nu golf!

I think it's more the result of Drs O'Connor & Brown sending a media
release on their research to date. Even tho the article has reported
the location of CycloSportif incorrectly (hey. Qld.. WA, both big
states with beaches!) it was good to see they did include Dr O'Connors
comment about bike paths not resolving the issue of road use for
cyclists.

--
warrwych

Old May 23rd 06, 02:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Michael Warner said -

I've considered trying club racing a few times (I'm about vets C grade
level), but I keep bumping into racers who've just broken bones, lost lots
of skin and/or written off expensive gear on narrow hills descents or mad
sprint finishes. Sometimes only weeks after coming back from the last
disaster.

Somehow, this puts me off as I ponder it over my coffee and muffin :-)

It may not be immediately apparent but buying and riding a bike is a
progression or a set of pathways, not a fixed destination.

One day, without meaning to show off (maybe just to rest your back) you will
ride no hands.

One day, just cos its more convenient, you will learn to jump kerbs

Or you will start to do distance or group rides or commuting or mtb or
single speed or track or start to wonder about pinning a number on your back
and chancing your legs (some of us want to do all of those things!)

Yes there is a risk of accidents - but if you choose your races well (vets
are not a bad first choice - in my expereience those guys are pretty
disciplined and safety conscious) its not that much more risky than ordinary
bunch riding.

And one day you will come down - but generally you will walk or ride away
cursing your own lack of anticipation or skill - and that can happen just as
easily racing as not. Life is not without its perils - but you are on a
progression and its your choice as whether the benefits outweigh the risks.

Hope you enjoy which ever path you choose.

best, Andrew (who has had his share of Gravity Assisted Rapid Dismounts)

Old May 23rd 06, 11:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle

TimC Wrote:

Bugger off. You're not giving you a green, yellow and polka dot
jersey.

Hah!
After being dropped between DiamondCreek and Greensborough Downhill...

'Dutchy devised a cunning breakaway plan and broke free at the
Greensborough feedzone (poor form but feck, 'he' is a B-grader!)
Managed to battle head, side and, um down winds to hold off the peleton
(Blah and Lama) for approx 20min/10-15km and arrive victorious at the
ski station aloft Col du Burgundy.
Bjarn in the team car was cool and moody, yet still managed to somehow
to do erudite things to our hero during the on-camera 'moment' back at
the team hotel...

Flying"walking funny now"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

Old May 23rd 06, 12:29 PM posted to aus.bicycle

flyingdutch wrote:
TimC Wrote:

Bugger off. You're not giving you a green, yellow and polka dot
jersey.

Hah!
After being dropped between DiamondCreek and Greensborough Downhill...

'Dutchy devised a cunning breakaway plan and broke free at the
Greensborough feedzone (poor form but feck, 'he' is a B-grader!)
Managed to battle head, side and, um down winds to hold off the peleton
(Blah and Lama) for approx 20min/10-15km and arrive victorious at the
ski station aloft Col du Burgundy.
Bjarn in the team car was cool and moody, yet still managed to somehow
to do erudite things to our hero during the on-camera 'moment' back at
the team hotel...

Flying"walking funny now"Dutch

Just call me McEwan. Rides the first half of the race then goes home.

DaveB

Chain waxing + graphite question HarryB Techniques 410 March 16th 06 01:57 AM
chain cleaning TomCAt General 54 September 16th 05 04:00 AM
South West trains doesn't want cyclists as 'customers'... Howard UK 363 July 20th 04 11:42 PM
Flip chain: double life Wayne Pein Techniques 92 March 17th 04 03:15 AM
Pick 'n Pay Cape Argus Cycle Tour - Cape Town, South Africa, 2004 David Cowie Racing 0 August 28th 03 10:29 PM