Sora replacement parts

Old September 19th 08, 11:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hands Of Stone

Default Sora replacement parts

This is probably in the realm of wishful thinking, but I have a broken
lever body from my Sora 8-speed STI shifter (right hand side); the
shifting mechanism itself works perfectly fine. Is a replacement
lever body available? I took a look online, but I couldn't find
anything. Any info would be appreciated.
Old September 19th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Sep 19, 4:22*am, Hands Of Stone wrote:
This is probably in the realm of wishful thinking, but I have a broken
lever body from my Sora 8-speed STI shifter (right hand side); the
shifting mechanism itself works perfectly fine. *Is a replacement
lever body available? *I took a look online, but I couldn't find
anything. *Any info would be appreciated.

Trundle down to a local bike shop that does repairs to see if they
have a busted shifter, with a OK lever body, in their 'bin'. Just swap
the shift guts onto the lever body.
Old October 8th 08, 12:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hands Of Stone

On Sep 19, 5:37*am, Qui si parla Campagnolo
wrote:
On Sep 19, 4:22*am, Hands Of Stone wrote:

This is probably in the realm of wishful thinking, but I have a broken
lever body from my Sora 8-speed STI shifter (right hand side); the
shifting mechanism itself works perfectly fine. *Is a replacement
lever body available? *I took a look online, but I couldn't find
anything. *Any info would be appreciated.

Trundle down to a local bike shop that does repairs to see if they
have a busted shifter, with a OK lever body, in their 'bin'. Just swap
the shift guts onto the lever body.

Tried that but came up with zero - not a lot of pure roadie shops up
here. Hopefully someone will read this and maybe have one lying
around (ha).
Old October 8th 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

wrote:

On Sep 19, 4:22*am, Hands Of Stone wrote:

This is probably in the realm of wishful thinking, but I have a broken
lever body from my Sora 8-speed STI shifter (right hand side); the
shifting mechanism itself works perfectly fine. *Is a replacement
lever body available? *I took a look online, but I couldn't find
anything. *Any info would be appreciated.

Trundle down to a local bike shop that does repairs to see if they
have a busted shifter, with a OK lever body, in their 'bin'. Just swap
the shift guts onto the lever body.

Tried that but came up with zero - not a lot of pure roadie shops up
here. *Hopefully someone will read this and maybe have one lying
around (ha).

You're in luck:

They claim there are 5 available.
Old October 9th 08, 12:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hands Of Stone

wrote:

On Sep 19, 4:22*am, Hands Of Stone wrote:

This is probably in the realm of wishful thinking, but I have a broken
lever body from my Sora 8-speed STI shifter (right hand side); the
shifting mechanism itself works perfectly fine. *Is a replacement
lever body available? *I took a look online, but I couldn't find
anything. *Any info would be appreciated.

Trundle down to a local bike shop that does repairs to see if they
have a busted shifter, with a OK lever body, in their 'bin'. Just swap
the shift guts onto the lever body.

Tried that but came up with zero - not a lot of pure roadie shops up
here. *Hopefully someone will read this and maybe have one lying
around (ha).

You're in luck:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260296495773

They claim there are 5 available.- Hide quoted text -

Wow! Thanks, Hank - I appreciate it!