strongest seat post .. HELP

Old December 20th 05, 03:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default strongest seat post .. HELP

gosh.. so what should I do ? anyone here knows if the carbon fiber seat
post is strong ?

--
maxisback

Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
quit are just dumb
maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

Old December 20th 05, 03:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

What you should do is stop breaking seatposts by improving your
technique.

A decent rail adapter shouldn't break... But if they do, buy a Scott
Wallis cf base. They're expensive but worth it. That, combined with a
thomson seatpost, will be stronger than anything you can throw at it.

--
gerblefranklin

Nick's main man.

"I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex

Old December 20th 05, 03:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Ive never broken a seat post how do you do it (so I can avoid it)

--
person
person's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11003

Old December 20th 05, 05:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

gerblefranklin wrote:
buy a Scott Wallis cf base. They're expensive but worth it. That,
combined with a thomson seatpost, will be stronger than anything you
can throw at it.

I'm going to second this observation. The Wallis CF base is the
ultimate upgrade for your unicycle. It negates the need for a rail
adapter but gives you all of the freedom of a rail-mounted seat (i.e.
adjustable angle). And you're going to break yourself before you even
scratch this base.

If you wanna save about $50 you can get yourself a Primo Rod
seatpost... it's way heavier than the Thomson but comparable in
strength.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

Old December 20th 05, 06:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

just phone darren (bedford unicycles) and get him to make you a thick
Chromoly seat post. they are much stronger then regular thin walled
seat post. i have seen people break a frame but the seat post didn't
bend even slightly... and it was a 22.2mm so a 25.4 would be even
stronger. By the way if you want a rail type just get one from darren
(bedford unicycles) if you have a standard 4 bolt design seat then get
a KH rail type adapter... if you have a mayata style bolt system then
get a mayata adapter.

--
vicuniclub
vicuniclub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10052

Old December 20th 05, 06:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Umm just make a reinforcment like on mine....

http://tinyurl.com/95l4m

--
caw89

'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

AIM: unicaw89

-last edited by god on 3000-01-01 at 12:00 am-
caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

Old December 20th 05, 06:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

If your doing street you probly wont want a rail adapter, i say get this
if you've onlt been bending aluminium posts;
http://tinyurl.com/89f8l
Its only 10$ US i think

--
president_luke
president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036

Old December 20th 05, 11:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Having broken 7 different seatposts in 7 different ways, i'd highly
recommned the Thomson. Really light, really strong, and it has an
adjustable angle

Its stood up to a lot of aggressive street and trials riding, and the
rail adapter hasn't proven to be a problem at all.

--
unicyclistjoe

NZUni President
93cm Highest Hop