The Shed Thread

Old June 6th 12, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default The Shed Thread

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 20:18:50 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 17:28:56 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 06/06/2012 16:48, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 15:11:32 +0100,
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 13:56:38 +0100, Bertie
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 12:44:04 +0100,
wrote:

On 06/06/2012 07:48, Bertie Wooster wrote:

wrote:

[ ... ]

I only asked what advantage there in drawing a bucket of water from a
butt as opposed to drawing it from the garden tap (or even from the
kitchen mixer taps, hotter than body temperature). Neither seems to be
illegal unless there is a ban on washing cars (which there isn't).

Assuming the bucket is 10L, and you are on a water meter, one
advantage is 1.2263 pence for the water and another 0.6473 pence for
sewerage. Clare also reckons rainwater (even from a butt) is better
for plants than treated water.

For those (such as I, and, I fancy, the majority), who do not have a
water meter, that would be of no particular advantage. And for those
stuck with meters, the cost-saving is small. It isn't at all clear what
the price of sewerage has to do with it.

On my last bill I was charged for 80 cubic metres of water and 80
cubic metres of wastewater. Wastewater is not metered, but is
calculated to be the same as water. Using a hosepipe in the garden
produces little wastewater into the drains, but it is still charged.

And if you want to compare costs, the two of us pay about 77p a day
for water and wastewater. Unmetered the cost would be 83p per day,
plus a charge depending on the size of pipe feeding our home and
removing waste, probably taking the cost to about £1.10 per day.

Truly fascinating.

If you and Clare have a **** at work instead of at home - you will save a
fortune.

We'd probably save more by flushing every stool and every second
urination.

There's a little rhyme I recall from 1976: If it's brown, flush it
down; If it's yellow, let it mellow. I wouldn't want to go to those
extremes, but flushing every second visit, assuming a flush is 8
litres, would save us a penny (0.975p by my calculations) per visit.

So, instead of saying, "I'm off to spend a penny", we should say, "I'm
off to save a penny", and the time we share together would be filled
with even more laughter and merriment.

**** me, life in the fast lane...

The shed is ready for us to dine within:
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.com/photos/shed/09

On the menu:
Cumberland sausages;
Onion gravy;
Baked potato;
Peas;
Carrots.

Followed by fresh pineapple/

All washed down with Tattinger Champagne and sparkling mineral water.

Come back Mason - all is forgiven.

Old June 6th 12, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

Default Will Wriggling Cwispin ever give a straight answer to a question

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 17:49:57 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

Wriggling Cwispin is now going to explain how I have not only survived,
but prospered during the worst recession in living memory, or how I have
retained my Trading Standards accreditation, or how every deck he
pathetically attempted to criticize has lead to recommendations from
satisfied customers.

Show us the figures, Medwit. All we have is your word on this, and by
the time you spend on Usenet, and the uncouth nature of your posts, it
would appear that you have little or no work.

Care to explain now Captain Wriggler?

The class is waiting.

No pretending to have already answered, no changing the subject.

Old June 6th 12, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

On 06/06/2012 07:48, Bertie Wooster wrote:

wrote:

[ ... ]

[...]

And with the table laden with food:
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.com/photos/shed/10
Old June 6th 12, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 17:40:10 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

Wriggling Cwipsins "good explanation" 2:

"I charge the same as PoundLand".

"Cheap crap" was the explaination I gave - along with a link
explaining why Poundland was doing so well during the financial
crisis.

In fact the situation is very complex.

Due to the financial crisis there has been a huge shift in wealth. The
economy now favours those in debt, at a cost to savers. With the Bank
of England base rate at record lows, borrowers never had it so good.
On the other hand, policies like quantitative easing and low interest
rates are robbing savers of their money.

Homeowners, with large mortgages, are doing particularly well with low
interest rates, and they are the people most likely to call on a
handyman to clear their drains, or do the other jobs they don't want
to do themselves.
Old June 6th 12, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

wrote:

On 06/06/2012 07:48, Bertie Wooster wrote:

wrote:

[ ... ]

[...]

Next step then is to dig a pit in your garage floor, so you can really have
a decent drink down there.

Old June 6th 12, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Has anyone said : You are one sad *******.

--

Bertie Wooster's real name is Tom Crispin.
He uses the name Bertie Wooster so that people involved with

Old June 6th 12, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

Wriggling Cwispin is now going to explain how I have not only survived,
but prospered during the worst recession in living memory, or how I have
retained my Trading Standards accreditation, or how every deck he
pathetically attempted to criticize has lead to recommendations from
satisfied customers.

Show us the figures, Medwit. All we have is your word on this, and by
the time you spend on Usenet, and the uncouth nature of your posts, it
would appear that you have little or no work.

Oh !!!

You have analysed the number of posts that Dave has made during the working day
have you?

How many was it?

Old June 7th 12, 12:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

Wriggling Cwipsins "good explanation" 2:

"I charge the same as PoundLand".

"Cheap crap" was the explaination I gave - along with a link
explaining why Poundland was doing so well during the financial
crisis.

And you made no comment on the fact that I'm the most expensive handyman
in the area - did you?

You conveniently left that bit out of your "explaination". Are you
really a teacher?

So both Wriggling Cwipsins "good explanations" have been shown to be
completely and utterly laughable.

2/10 must try harder.

Can't wait for Wriggling Cwipsins "good explanation" 3:

The class is waiting boy.

University
Old June 7th 12, 12:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

Wriggling Cwispin is now going to explain how I have not only survived,
but prospered during the worst recession in living memory, or how I have
retained my Trading Standards accreditation, or how every deck he
pathetically attempted to criticize has lead to recommendations from
satisfied customers.

Oh look! No explanation whatsoever. That would be because you can't
explain it wouldn't it Wriggler?

Show us the figures, Medwit. All we have is your word on this, and by
the time you spend on Usenet, and the uncouth nature of your posts, it
would appear that you have little or no work.

And low and behold Captain Wriggler changed the subject.

You can no doubt explain how I have not only survived,but prospered
during the worst recession in living memory - without having any work?

Or how I have retained my Trading Standards accreditation if I'm so uncouth?

You can explain that can't you Captain Wriggler?

Surely you can?

Care to explain now Captain Wriggler?

The class is waiting.

No pretending to have already answered, no changing the subject.

And low and behold Captain Wriggler changed the subject, even though I
told him not to.

Old June 7th 12, 12:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

Wriggling Cwispin is now going to explain how I have not only survived,
but prospered during the worst recession in living memory, or how I have
retained my Trading Standards accreditation, or how every deck he
pathetically attempted to criticize has lead to recommendations from
satisfied customers.

Show us the figures, Medwit. All we have is your word on this, and by
the time you spend on Usenet, and the uncouth nature of your posts, it
would appear that you have little or no work.

Oh !!!

You have analysed the number of posts that Dave has made during the working day
have you?

How many was it?

What wriggling Cwispin fails to appreciate is that I'm self employed &
choose my own hours.

I think he is deeply envious of that. Being a failed, middle aged
primary school teacher, having to stick to a rigid time table - or risk
being told off by the head.

Shed Brian G UK 31 August 1st 07 05:39 PM
Shed got broken into! Eddbmxdude Unicycling 15 October 14th 06 07:24 PM
shed humping(bad shed) the unicycle man(one of many) Recumbent Biking 0 September 2nd 06 06:34 AM
Every home (or shed) should have one! cfsmtb Australia 30 September 1st 06 01:40 AM
My Shed Just zis Guy, you know? UK 17 July 3rd 04 12:54 PM