With "Armstrong"..."Retired"....The USA will continue will to Win the "Tour" for the next 10 years!....I sorta feel sorry for the rest of the world!....especially Europe!

Old July 17th 05, 10:51 PM
Michael1960IV

Default With "Armstrong"..."Retired"....The USA will continue will to Win the "Tour" for the next 10 years!....I sorta feel sorry for the rest of the world!....especially Europe!

There will be no more team riding for Lance Armstrong.........but American
riders will continue to dominate the " Tour de France " for the next 10
plus years. I sorta feel sorry for Europe and there riders because the
nitemare will continue.

....but it should be exciting to see which American will win the furture
Tours?...

Take your pick of these Ameicans........sad part is only one can
win!........but if they all get their own teams riding for
them..............I could actually see all these guys in the top 10 in next
years TOUR!

Dave Zabriskie

Floyd Landis

Boddy Julich

George Hincapie

Levi Leipheimer

Chric Horner

Guido Trenti

Fred Rodriguez

........................if you know of any of Americans who didnt make the
trip this year please list!...GO USA!....

Old July 17th 05, 10:58 PM
Tom

You have no freakin' idea what you're talking about.

Tom

Old July 17th 05, 11:10 PM
k.papai

You're right, Guido, who speaks no English, will freaking DOMINATE the
Tour next year with Lance retired and running Discovery Channel from
the sidelines.

-Ken

Old July 17th 05, 11:43 PM
David Ferguson

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:51:00 GMT, "Michael1960IV"
wrote:

[...]

Hell, you might as well put me on that list too. I've got about as
much of a chance as any of those names.

Old July 18th 05, 12:33 AM
aotearoa706

Oh yeah!
Dave Zabriskie
George Hincapie
Guido Trenti
Fred Rodriguez
All in the top 10 of the tour. I'm sure these guys will jump to agree with
you! It's great that you American's are so partiotic. But get real!

And how can you count Guidi???? He's as American as Max Schiandri was
British! He doesn't even speak the language!

Old July 18th 05, 12:40 AM

Amoung the many things wrong with this list of upcoming americans, is
that it is tough to think of anyone who can beat a healthy Basso until
Valverde comes into his own.

After that the only two americans who have shown any real potential to
even podium you left out. Tyler Hamilton and Tom Danielson.

That and Julich, Leipheimer, Horner and Hincapie are all in the twilght
of the careers and Trenti and Rodrguez are laughable.

That leaves Zabriskie who has shown some potential but nothing to show
that he can even win a 5-day event.

Landis maybe...

Old July 18th 05, 12:47 AM
Laz

"Tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
You have no freakin' idea what you're talking about.

Tom

Sorry Michael1960, but Tom is right. You are probably very new to the sport.
Spend some time following the Pro cycling peleton and perhaps in a year or
so you can start to make some more rational statements.

Laz

Old July 18th 05, 01:20 AM
Tom Kunich

"aotearoa706" wrote in message
Oh yeah!
Dave Zabriskie
George Hincapie
Guido Trenti
Fred Rodriguez
All in the top 10 of the tour. I'm sure these guys will jump to agree with
you! It's great that you American's are so partiotic. But get real!

And how can you count Guidi???? He's as American as Max Schiandri was
British! He doesn't even speak the language!

Firstly, Zabriskie stands a good chance of developing into a Tour rider.
Secondly, Liepheimer and Landis will look a HELL of a lot better without
Lance in the mix. Thirdly, there's this guy Tom Danielson who rides for
Discovery that is more than a little promising. And maybe you missed the
fact that Chris Horner in his first Tour de France has been showing himself
a great deal more than the French have been showing themselves.

And lastly,how do you know that was posted by an American and not a Dane or
a German?

Old July 18th 05, 01:46 AM
aotearoa706

I didn't discount Horner. Although who know's what his real potential could
have been if he'd stayed in Europe the first time. I was merely commenting
on the list that was presented.
And uuhhhhh the "GO USA" part and the general tone of the message is a safe
bet that he's American.
nk.net...