Thank you H*lfords

Old May 27th 05, 09:09 PM
Peter B

Default Thank you H*lfords

I unhooked the Shiny bike from the wall for an hours ride this PM only to
find the back tyre flat. No problem, soon have a patch on that I thought,
unfortunately the tube had suffered severe perishing (weird really, never
seen one like that before) so into the bin with it.
Pulled the first spare from the seatpack, brand new, unblemished, no
seatpack rash, soon have that in. But no, something wrong here...what
26"!...how the heck did I buy that? Into the bin.
Pulled the second, repaired, tube out and fitted that.
No problem except bank holiday looming and out all day tomorrow so no
shopping time. I don't fancy going far without at least one spare tube so
decided to de-tour past the LBS to pick a couple up, all I need is a bike
lock. There are two somewhere...but where?1 Oh, b*ggar!
Ding!....H*lfords will be open late this evening so I can go in the MDG
after chilling after sweating on the bike.
So I did, thank you H*lfords!
1 SWMBO suggested the one I use to lock the bikes up in the garage, the
thought of dragging a ships mooring chain with me for 20 miles wasn't
appealing :-)

Pete

Old May 27th 05, 09:25 PM
Jack Ouzzi

Peter B wrote:
[...]

Obviously not a former Boy Scout then Pete, be prepared, Dib Dib and
all that .... ;-)

Old May 27th 05, 10:25 PM
Mike Causer

On Fri, 27 May 2005 13:25:38 -0700, Jack Ouzzi wrote:

Obviously not a former Boy Scout then Pete, be prepared, Dib Dib and
all that .... ;-)

Obviously not a former Boy Scout then Jack: dyb, dyb, dyb is from the Cub
Scouts and stands for "Do Your Best".

Mike (ex-{Cub, Scout, Senior Scout, Cub Scout Leader})
Old May 28th 05, 06:36 AM
Jack Ouzzi

Mike Causer wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2005 13:25:38 -0700, Jack Ouzzi wrote:

Obviously not a former Boy Scout then Pete, be prepared, Dib Dib and
all that .... ;-)

Obviously not a former Boy Scout then Jack: dyb, dyb, dyb is from the Cub
Scouts and stands for "Do Your Best".

Mike (ex-{Cub, Scout, Senior Scout, Cub Scout Leader})

Whoooops, Jack caught out an pedals away quickly .......... :-|