Another pre-teen/teen tandem team ride

Old March 15th 05, 09:39 PM
Neil Brooks

Dane Jackson wrote:

Neil Cherry wrote:
On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 14:21:47 -0800, Claire Petersky wrote:

As it turned out, they really couldn't maintain a 15 mph pace. They were
more like an 11 or 12 mph pace.

Right now I'm leading a 16-17 mph avg pace and I have to wait for
straglers. But the club rules also state that come prepared with a fit
bicycle. If the rider or ride is not fit that ride lead can ask they
consider a slower ride until they et things in order. In a few weeks
the pace will pick up and I won't have to wait for stranglers. I
generally do anyway but I warn them.

------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^

I'm sorry Neil, you seem like a nice guy and all. But if you have
*stranglers* on your club rides, I won't be showing up anytime soon.

It's not that big a deal, Dane. They usually choke under pressure....
Old March 15th 05, 11:42 PM
Dane Jackson

Neil Brooks wrote:
Dane Jackson wrote:
Neil Cherry wrote:
On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 14:21:47 -0800, Claire Petersky wrote:

As it turned out, they really couldn't maintain a 15 mph pace. They were
more like an 11 or 12 mph pace.

Right now I'm leading a 16-17 mph avg pace and I have to wait for
straglers. But the club rules also state that come prepared with a fit
bicycle. If the rider or ride is not fit that ride lead can ask they
consider a slower ride until they et things in order. In a few weeks
the pace will pick up and I won't have to wait for stranglers. I
generally do anyway but I warn them.

I'm sorry Neil, you seem like a nice guy and all. But if you have
*stranglers* on your club rides, I won't be showing up anytime soon.

It's not that big a deal, Dane. They usually choke under pressure....

Well, it's good to know I wouldn't be gasping for breath to keep up.
Of course it would help if the rest of them throttle themselves a
little.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"Hello," he lied.