Octalink V2 crank bolt question: Washers needed on both sides?

Old February 13th 18, 12:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Octalink V2 crank bolt question: Washers needed on both sides?

Just removed a shot BB and when taking off the bolts from the cranks I
found that the left side had a thin washer but the right side did not.
Weird. The crank set is Shimano FC-M522.

Is a washer needed on both sides? Is it steel? If so I'll probably have
to make one.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old February 14th 18, 12:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2018-02-12 15:27, Joerg wrote:
Just removed a shot BB and when taking off the bolts from the cranks I
found that the left side had a thin washer but the right side did not.
Weird. The crank set is Shimano FC-M522.

Is a washer needed on both sides? Is it steel? If so I'll probably have
to make one.

Well, I just made a washer for the other side.