Elderly man critically ill in hospital after being struck by cyclist

Old July 6th 20, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

Default Elderly man critically ill in hospital after being struck by cyclist

On 06/07/2020 16:48, Mike Collins wrote:
On Monday, 6 July 2020 02:05:06 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 05/07/2020 21:24, Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 5 July 2020 19:24:41 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 05/07/2020 18:38, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, July 5, 2020 at 6:30:49 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

So you agree there is no evidence the pedestrian was the victim. I assume you will be retracting your previous post.

The pedestrian could have been on a mobile (not unusual these days) and blindly walked out into the road in front of the cyclist and knocked him off. Then who is the victim?

Deal with the facts as known.

Not with your imaginary visions.

Exactly.
Now what FACTS to you have to support your claim the pedestrian was the victim?

We start with the scarpering by the guilty cyclist and his not coming
forward when asked to by the police.

Do you say that he failure to identify himself is a mark of innocence?

How do you know the cyclist is aware of all the fuss? it's not exactly national news.

It doesn't have to be.
Old July 6th 20, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Monday, 6 July 2020 17:26:35 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
[...]

So how do you know the cyclist is aware the police are looking for him?
From the cyclist's POV it may have been a minor incident with no harm to anyone so gave it no further thought. Having pedestrians walking into the road in front of you is not an uncommon experience.
Old July 6th 20, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Monday, July 6, 2020 at 6:24:10 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
Having pedestrians walking into the road in front of you is not an uncommon experience.

Especially if they are staring at a screen instead of lookimg where they are going. Mind you, the road they walked out onto has CS2 on the side of it meaning you have to have your wits about you.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcLueMhX...pg&name=medium
Old July 6th 20, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Monday, July 6, 2020 at 6:24:10 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
Having pedestrians walking into the road in front of you is not an uncommon experience.

Especially if they are staring at a screen instead of looking where they are going. Mind you, the road he walked out onto has CS2 on the side of it meaning you have to have your wits about you.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcLueMhX...pg&name=medium
Old July 6th 20, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 06/07/2020 18:24, Mike Collins wrote:

[...]

From the cyclist's POV it may have been a minor incident with no harm to anyone so gave it no further thought. Having pedestrians walking into the road in front of you is not an uncommon experience.

Even for cyclists, violently ploughing into and knocking down an elderly
man cannot be a common experience, surely?

Are all cylists so thick that they think such trauma to a septuagenarian
is something that can be shrugged off with a cup of tea and an Elastoplast?

Would *you* have scarpered on your bike in such circumstances? Really?
Old July 6th 20, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Monday, 6 July 2020 18:45:09 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
[...]

From the cyclist's POV it may have been a minor incident with no harm to anyone so gave it no further thought. Having pedestrians walking into the road in front of you is not an uncommon experience.

Even for cyclists, violently ploughing into and knocking down an elderly
man cannot be a common experience, surely?

Are all cylists so thick that they think such trauma to a septuagenarian
is something that can be shrugged off with a cup of tea and an Elastoplast?

Would *you* have scarpered on your bike in such circumstances? Really?

Where is your evidence for the cyclist "violently ploughing into and knocking down" anyone?
You still have not answered the question of how you know the cyclist is aware the police are looking for him.

If a pedestrian walked out in front of my bicycle and we collided I would have stopped even if it was not my fault just like the vast majority of cyclists. The fact the cyclist did not stop suggests the cyclist did everything possible to avoid the errant pedestrian and was unaware there had been any significant contact.
Old July 6th 20, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Monday, July 6, 2020 at 7:06:54 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
If a pedestrian walked out in front of my bicycle and we collided I would have stopped even if it was not my fault just like the vast majority of cyclists.

Not the majority of drivers though, sadly.

Here is just ONE such incident - attempted murder as well.

QUOTE:
Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following hit-and-run. A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder in connection with a hit-and-run in Measham.

Police were called to High Street in the village at 9.50pm on Saturday (July 4) following a report of a 'non-stop collision'. Two pedestrians, both men, were injured in the crash, and were taken to hospital with non-serious injuries.

They have both since been discharged.

The driver of a white pick-up van left the scene before emergency services arrived.

The van was later recovered in Heather. The High Street was closed for much of Sunday (July 5) to allow for an investigation of the scene. It was reopened by the evening evening.

A 30-year-old Coalville man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder. He has since been released on police bail.

Detective constable Mike Archer said: "We are continuing to appeal to anyone who was in the area of High Street at around 9.50pm and saw the pedestrians before the collision, the vehicle involved or the incident itself.

"If you have information and haven't yet spoken to officers please get in touch.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/n...murder-4297546

Old July 7th 20, 01:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 06/07/2020 19:06, Mike Collins wrote:
[...]

From the cyclist's POV it may have been a minor incident with no harm to anyone so gave it no further thought. Having pedestrians walking into the road in front of you is not an uncommon experience.

Even for cyclists, violently ploughing into and knocking down an elderly
man cannot be a common experience, surely?

Are all cylists so thick that they think such trauma to a septuagenarian
is something that can be shrugged off with a cup of tea and an Elastoplast?

Would *you* have scarpered on your bike in such circumstances? Really?

Where is your evidence for the cyclist "violently ploughing into and knocking down" anyone?

Oh, only the fact that the OP reported "An elderly man is fighting for
his life after being knocked down by a cyclist".

Does that mean that he wasn't knocked down by the cyclist so violently
as to leave him critically injured?

Do you struggle with English and comprehension as badly as that day to day?

You still have not answered the question of how you know the cyclist is aware the police are looking for him.

Having inflicted that level of injury on the pedestrian victim in such a
violent collision as to leave him fighting for his life, he will either
be well aware of the likely outcome or so thick and so sociopathic that
he doesn't care. Or probably both.

If a pedestrian walked out in front of my bicycle and we collided I would have stopped even if it was not my fault just like the vast majority of cyclists. The fact the cyclist did not stop suggests the cyclist did everything possible to avoid the errant pedestrian and was unaware there had been any significant contact.

And after inflicting such horrific injuries on the victim, you would
just scarper and not give it another thought?

Thanks for at least admitting it.
Old July 7th 20, 02:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Tuesday, 7 July 2020 01:46:04 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
[...]

From the cyclist's POV it may have been a minor incident with no harm to anyone so gave it no further thought. Having pedestrians walking into the road in front of you is not an uncommon experience.

Even for cyclists, violently ploughing into and knocking down an elderly
man cannot be a common experience, surely?

Are all cylists so thick that they think such trauma to a septuagenarian
is something that can be shrugged off with a cup of tea and an Elastoplast?

Would *you* have scarpered on your bike in such circumstances? Really?

Where is your evidence for the cyclist "violently ploughing into and knocking down" anyone?

Oh, only the fact that the OP reported "An elderly man is fighting for
his life after being knocked down by a cyclist".

Does that mean that he wasn't knocked down by the cyclist so violently
as to leave him critically injured?

Where is your evidence it happened the way a clearly biased reported says it did?

Do you struggle with English and comprehension as badly as that day to day?

I am not from Liverpool.

You still have not answered the question of how you know the cyclist is aware the police are looking for him.

Having inflicted that level of injury on the pedestrian victim in such a
violent collision as to leave him fighting for his life, he will either
be well aware of the likely outcome or so thick and so sociopathic that
he doesn't care. Or probably both.

So no evidence.

If a pedestrian walked out in front of my bicycle and we collided I would have stopped even if it was not my fault just like the vast majority of cyclists. The fact the cyclist did not stop suggests the cyclist did everything possible to avoid the errant pedestrian and was unaware there had been any significant contact.

And after inflicting such horrific injuries on the victim, you would
just scarper and not give it another thought?

Thanks for at least admitting it.

Please provide evidence to support this claim.

Old July 7th 20, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 07/07/2020 02:15, Mike Collins wrote:
[...]

From the cyclist's POV it may have been a minor incident with no harm to anyone so gave it no further thought. Having pedestrians walking into the road in front of you is not an uncommon experience.

Even for cyclists, violently ploughing into and knocking down an elderly
man cannot be a common experience, surely?

Are all cylists so thick that they think such trauma to a septuagenarian
is something that can be shrugged off with a cup of tea and an Elastoplast?

Would *you* have scarpered on your bike in such circumstances? Really?

Where is your evidence for the cyclist "violently ploughing into and knocking down" anyone?

Oh, only the fact that the OP reported "An elderly man is fighting for
his life after being knocked down by a cyclist".

Does that mean that he wasn't knocked down by the cyclist so violently
as to leave him critically injured?

Where is your evidence it happened the way a clearly biased reported says it did?

"Biased" in telling the truth which you and some others find
uncomfortable and unacceptable.

Do you struggle with English and comprehension as badly as that day to day?

I am not from Liverpool.

That's part of your problem.

You still have not answered the question of how you know the cyclist is aware the police are looking for him.

Having inflicted that level of injury on the pedestrian victim in such a
violent collision as to leave him fighting for his life, he will either
be well aware of the likely outcome or so thick and so sociopathic that
he doesn't care. Or probably both.

So no evidence.

Apart from the fact that he and his fairy-cycle collided violently with
an elderly man.

He surely cannot be so thick as to "think" that the victim wouild just
get up and walk away from that - can he?

If a pedestrian walked out in front of my bicycle and we collided I would have stopped even if it was not my fault just like the vast majority of cyclists. The fact the cyclist did not stop suggests the cyclist did everything possible to avoid the errant pedestrian and was unaware there had been any significant contact.

And after inflicting such horrific injuries on the victim, you would
just scarper and not give it another thought?

Thanks for at least admitting it.

Please provide evidence to support this claim.

Other than the fact that you said it, you mean?

Don't wriggle. It's undignified.