Sharks?

Old August 3rd 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Sharks?

Okay, is it just me, or do others find those stupid shark teeth
painted on the Discovery Team riders' TT helmets just a bit gay?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...CTM-TDFS19-001

Fred

Old August 3rd 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Aug 3, 3:34 pm, wrote:
Okay, is it just me, or do others find those stupid shark teeth
painted on the Discovery Team riders' TT helmets just a bit gay?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...?id=/photos/20...

Perhaps you were hoping for something more along the lines of
these...?
http://www.evan.org/jetpack/Helmet5.JPG
http://www.baseballjunk.com/allstar_...ds_painted.htm
http://www.helmetguy.com/gallery/Dra...e_helmet_front

Old August 3rd 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
shane

It may be gay, but it made alot of sense, considering shark week is
huge for discovery and it is this week after all, so it was good
advertising.

Surprising that there didnt seem to be any pub about their performance
in the tour, i guess they didnt want to have to retract anything in
case of a doping controversy on the team..

Old August 3rd 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Aug 3, 4:36 pm, shane wrote:
It may be gay, but it made alot of sense, considering shark week is
huge for discovery and it is this week after all, so it was good
advertising.

It seems like every week is shark week. I'm getting sick and tired of
the fookin things.

Old August 3rd 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:34:35 -0700, wrote:

Okay, is it just me, or do others find those stupid shark teeth
painted on the Discovery Team riders' TT helmets just a bit gay?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...CTM-TDFS19-001

In cycling, the winner is always right.

--
JT
****************************
Old August 4th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
David[_2_]

wrote:

Okay, is it just me, or do others find those stupid shark teeth
painted on the Discovery Team riders' TT helmets just a bit gay?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...CTM-TDFS19-001

Fred

Doesn't matter what you paint on those damned TT helmets, they all
look gay. Not only gay, but damned stupid. Reminds me of the FTD
florist guy http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...5/Logo1910.gif

David

Old August 4th 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 3, 12:34 pm, wrote:
Okay, is it just me, or do others find those stupid shark teeth
painted on the Discovery Team riders' TT helmets just a bit gay?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...?id=/photos/20...

Fred

I think they look funny. But then, I have a sense of humor...

Old August 4th 07, 05:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 3, 12:34 pm, wrote:
Okay, is it just me, or do others find those stupid shark teeth
painted on the Discovery Team riders' TT helmets just a bit gay?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...?id=/photos/20...

If they had gotten UCI permission to put an inflatable
dorsal fin on the riders' backs during TTs (like the
inflatable shark they attach to the Disco Channel HQ
building in Silver Spring), then it would have been
rad. But without that, it's a bit half-assed.

Ben
Next year. the peloton should have wacky inflatables
just like the publicity caravan.

Old August 4th 07, 07:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
.com
,
wrote:

Okay, is it just me, or do others find those stupid shark teeth
painted on the Discovery Team riders' TT helmets just a bit gay?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...CTM-TDFS19-001

I am not competent to judge.

--
Michael Press