05 Tour De Poway... Anyone ???

Old September 18th 05, 04:25 AM

Default 05 Tour De Poway... Anyone ???

Hello all,

I'm planning on doing the Tour de Poway this year. I just drove the
course and of particular concern is the Highland Valley Road and Bandy
Canyon Road. I used to drive Highland Vly alot on my souped up Miata
and it was a lot of fun but it is a single lane road with no shoulder
and contains a lot of blind turns for about 5 miles. I was wondering if
anyone has done this century before and what was that portion of the
ride like with all of the participants there ? Will this portion of the
road be closed too like the Poway grade ? Also, I was wondering if
anyone knows about an 8% grade along the coast in San Diego ? I kinda
wanna duplicate the poway grade. Also, if anyone has entered and is
looking for a partner, I'm decent on the flats and slight uphills, slow
uphill and medium on decents - just do not like going downhill very
fast on roads I do not know very well, unless it's a car.

Thanks,

Ian in SD