LeMond is lazy

Old December 13th 05, 10:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default LeMond is lazy

Last year I saw a picture of the great Eddy Merckx. What to say he
looks similar to Greg.

It is not uncommon for famous athlets to get bigger in diamter when
time passes by.

Schneewittchen

Old December 13th 05, 01:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On 12/13/2005 03:01 AM, in article
, "Förster vom
Silberwald" wrote:

Last year I saw a picture of the great Eddy Merckx. What to say he
looks similar to Greg.

It is not uncommon for famous athlets to get bigger in diamter when
time passes by.

Yeah .. Eddy's freakin' huge!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.ph...pibartali05/st
age1a/36

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.ph...ss05/EK_nuess_
eddy

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...nov13news/giro
_pres005

He's almost in racing trim ... like Felice Gimondi ...

Hmmm ... Be interesting to see the two of them come back and show the
young'uns a thing or two ...

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old December 13th 05, 01:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Förster vom Silberwald wrote:
Last year I saw a picture of the great Eddy Merckx. What to say he
looks similar to Greg.

You're probably thinking of this Eddy:

http://www.t-mobile-team.com/cms/tmo...y/id=16284.jpg

But I believe Eddy's lost the beer gut and now looks more similar to
Lance than Greg:

http://morgenpost.berlin1.de/images/...973_normal.jpg

--
I do not accept unsolicited commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
legitimate replies.
Old December 13th 05, 02:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

It's hard to believe a fatty master troll could have
this much success. But then it is the off-season.

It's too bad I didn't think of this earlier, I could
have posted a picture of the Fatty Master Breakfast of
Champions, leftover pizza (pepperoni and feta).

Bob Schwartz
Old December 13th 05, 05:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Scott wrote:

Geez, the guy spend his entire teens and early adult years starving
himself (with the exception of a little ice cream that he was rumored
to enjoy from time to time) to maintain a competitive weight as a
competitive cyclist, and you expect him to worry about his weight now,
as if he's some blundering masters' fattie chasing after a delusion of
cycling greatness???

I don't give a damn if he hits 300#.

I guess, to me, the shock is the overall fredliness the champ has taken
on. It looks like he even was wearing mtb shoes for chrissakes. Of
course, I guess it makes sense for a social ride of that type, but it,
the fred jersey, the fred shoes the fredly looking helmet and the spare
tire just make me wish I had never seen those photos. I need to hit
google images for a nice shot of the champ putting the hurt on his
rivals in the alps.
Old December 13th 05, 08:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Try pricing one of those "fred" helmets. It's a Catlike.

Greg is getting fat. No doubt about it. So what? Did you see Eddy
Merckx a couple of years ago before the docs told him he better lose
weight or turn the business over to Axel soonest? Give Greg a chance to
look in the mirror and actually observe what 20 years of Minnesotta
food is doing to him. Remember that he's a California boy and used to
eat healthy food before having his head turned by a bossy and pretty
woman.

Old December 13th 05, 08:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
Give Greg a chance to
look in the mirror and actually observe what 20 years of Minnesotta
food is doing to him. Remember that he's a California boy and used to
eat healthy food before having his head turned by a bossy and pretty
woman.

Are you actually blaming his wife for his girthiness?

Old December 13th 05, 11:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Tom Kunich says...

Give Greg a chance to look in the mirror and actually observe what
20 years of Minnesotta food is doing to him.

Is Minnesotta a combination of Minnesota and Serotta?

Remember that he's a California boy and used to eat healthy food before
having his head turned by a bossy and pretty woman.

Ha! In his prime he talked about how he could eat anything - hot dogs, burgers,
tacos, etc. - and none of it affected his performance (or so he said). I still
have a few Lemond Taco Hell water bottles.

Old December 14th 05, 12:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"John Rees" wrote in message
Scott wrote:

Geez, the guy spend his entire teens and early adult years starving
himself (with the exception of a little ice cream that he was rumored
to enjoy from time to time) to maintain a competitive weight as a
competitive cyclist, and you expect him to worry about his weight
now,
as if he's some blundering masters' fattie chasing after a delusion
of
cycling greatness???

I don't give a damn if he hits 300#.

I guess, to me, the shock is the overall fredliness the champ has
taken on. It looks like he even was wearing mtb shoes for chrissakes.
Of course, I guess it makes sense for a social ride of that type,

It was RAMROD: Ride Around Mt Rainier in One Day. 140 miles and 10,000ft
of climbing. If he did the whole ride, it ain't no social outing.

Phil H

Old December 14th 05, 12:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Phil Holman wrote:

snip

RAMROD is 154 miles for the "original" course up to Paradise and then over
Cayuse Pass. The idiot option includes a short side trip up Chinook Pass
once you get to the top of Cayuse. But it is not a trivial one-day ride.

Besides, he doesn't look all that bad in some of the other pictures.

--
Bill Asher