Shrewsbury cycle route in Daily Mail today.

Old April 13th 06, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Shrewsbury cycle route in Daily Mail today.

Shrewsbury cycle route in Daily Mail today.
Anyone used it?

--

Martin Bulmer

Old April 13th 06, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Martin Bulmer wrote:
Shrewsbury cycle route in Daily Mail today.
Anyone used it?

What, the Daily Mail? Yes, wiped my *rse with it only this morning.

HTH,

- Bill -
Old April 13th 06, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Martin Bulmer" wrote in message
Shrewsbury cycle route in Daily Mail today.
Anyone used it?

--

Martin Bulmer

This article???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...id=1770&ct= 5

Cheers, helen s

Old April 13th 06, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

The Daily Mail have a strange split personality with regard to
cyclists:

Columnists1 On your bike and above the law

07/09/2005 10:37:49

An idiot on a bicycle went swerving through the shopping mall in
Staines, and hit an old woman right in the side. The idiot, he was
about 20, couldn't balance the bike after the collision. He came off
and also lay sprawled on the ground. .....read

Home2 Do lycra louts enrage you?

19/10/2003 09:53:09

As a survey highlights the dangers of cyclists, Kate Hoey MP launches
an attack on lycra louts - who she claims are law-breaking, smug road
users who threaten high street safety. Do you agree?.....read

News

http://tinyurl.com/fzjbt

Old April 13th 06, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wafflycat wrote:
"Martin Bulmer" wrote in message
Shrewsbury cycle route in Daily Mail today.
Anyone used it?

This article???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...id=1770&ct= 5

I believe that is a cycle lane rather than a cycle route.

--
Dave...

Old April 14th 06, 01:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Martin Bulmer wrote:
Shrewsbury cycle route in Daily Mail today.
Anyone used it?

Can't imagine why I'd wantr to.

--
Cheerful Pedalling
John Mallard

Old April 14th 06, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Martin Bulmer wrote:
Shrewsbury cycle route in Daily Mail today.
Anyone used it?

--

Martin Bulmer

Seems a good way of making sure that following vehicles can't see you -
so why use it?
Who dreams up this stuff? (and more worryingly, why?) I know who pays
for it :{

Old April 19th 06, 12:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wheelist wrote:
Quotes from the article:

"And, because it forms a sharp curve, local riders say it would be
impossible to use the marked lane - which is only just longer than a
bike - without falling off."

'"I have found that the short length combined with the sharp curve
makes it impossible to ride around," said former racing cyclist Jim
Leach'

Okay, so the cycle lane is crap. But after looking at a picture of the
'lane' and judging from the quotes above I can see that there is a
much bigger problem: *people from Shrewsbury can't ride bikes round
corners!

I guess they were inspired by the course of their river;
http://tny.se/Kz
--

Martin Bulmer

Old April 19th 06, 12:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

dkahn400 wrote:
wafflycat wrote:
"Martin Bulmer" wrote in message
Shrewsbury cycle route in Daily Mail today.
Anyone used it?

This article???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...id=1770&ct= 5

I believe that is a cycle lane rather than a cycle route.

Just quoting.
Any pedantry should be directed to the letters page at the Daily Mail.
--

Martin Bulmer

Old April 19th 06, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Martin Bulmer wrote:
dkahn400 wrote:

I believe that is a cycle lane rather than a cycle route.

Just quoting.
Any pedantry should be directed to the letters page at the Daily Mail.

It's not just pedantry. The Highway Code, for example, treats cycle
routes and cycle lanes differently, and it's very easy to miss the
distinction as indeed the Mail did.

--
Dave...

A 2006 summer bike trip from Orlando to Boston [email protected] General 4 March 13th 06 03:39 AM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Pick 'n Pay Cape Argus Cycle Tour - Cape Town, South Africa, 2004 David Cowie Racing 0 August 28th 03 10:29 PM
Pick 'n Pay Cape Argus Cycle Tour - Cape Town, South Africa, 2004 David Cowie UK 0 August 28th 03 10:29 PM
Wire strung across "cycle route" Colin UK 19 August 8th 03 03:48 PM