A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Mountain Biking
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

WHOOPS! ANOTHER Dead Mountain Biker!

Old June 17th 13, 03:37 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade
external usenet poster

Default WHOOPS! ANOTHER Dead Mountain Biker!

The fact that you guys refuse to reveal your real names proves that you have something to hide -- namely the fact that you are all LYING.

ad ho·mi·nem
/ˈad ˈhämənəm/
Adverb

(of an argument or reaction) Arising from or appealing to the emotions and not reason or logic.
Attacking an opponent's motives or character rather than the policy or position they maintain.

There is no other rational explanation possible. It's just common sense.

Common sense tells you that since the power source for a hiker and a biker are the same that the energy imparted to the trail, and therefore the impact caused, are going to be broadly similar.

Common sense tells you that aggressively confronting people on a trail whilst carrying a weapon is likely to lead to unfortunate consequences.

Common sense tells you that, if you've been doing the same thing for 20 years with no appreciable success that perhaps it's time to try something different.

You don't appear to have much common sense !
Ads
Old June 17th 13, 04:01 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike
external usenet poster

Vandeman - the fact you can't answer my questions on mountain biking in New Zealand nicely illustrates the irrational nature of your cause.
Old June 17th 13, 07:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, June 17, 2013 7:37:50 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote:
The fact that you guys refuse to reveal your real names proves that you have something to hide -- namely the fact that you are all LYING. ad ho·mi·nem /ˈad ˈhämənəm/ Adverb (of an argument or reaction) Arising from or appealing to the emotions and not reason or logic. Attacking an opponent's motives or character rather than the policy or position they maintain. There is no other rational explanation possible. It's just common sense. Common sense tells you that since the power source for a hiker and a biker are the same that the energy imparted to the trail, and therefore the impact caused, are going to be broadly similar.

You obviously never went to high school, where the rest of us learned that a guy on a a large piece of machinery travelling at high speed will have a much larger effect on the trail & people in its way than a hiker. DUH!!!!! Idiot. You forgot that the bike weighs a lot, and has knobby tires, which are designed to rip up the soil. But, hey, thanks for demonstrating for the billionth time just how STOOPID (i.e., worse than stupid) and dishonest mountain bikers are.

Common sense tells you that aggressively confronting people on a trail whilst carrying a weapon is likely to lead to unfortunate consequences. Common sense tells you that, if you've been doing the same thing for 20 years with no appreciable success that perhaps it's time to try something different. You don't appear to have much common sense !

Old June 17th 13, 07:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, June 17, 2013 8:01:13 AM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
Vandeman - the fact you can't answer my questions on mountain biking in New Zealand nicely illustrates the irrational nature of your cause.

BS. The fact that you refuse to give your real name illustrates perfectly how utterly dishonest you are. Therefore, nothing that you say carries any weight.
Old June 17th 13, 09:43 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike
external usenet poster

Poor comeback. You are not answering the question because you can't answer it. Your debating style is simply pathetic. I can see why you have not been published.
Old June 18th 13, 09:55 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade
external usenet poster

On Monday, June 17, 2013 7:33:13 PM UTC+1, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Monday, June 17, 2013 8:01:13 AM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:

BS. The fact that you refuse to give your real name illustrates perfectly how utterly dishonest you are. Therefore, nothing that you say carries any weight.

Says the convicted criminal ... lol
Old June 18th 13, 02:47 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:48:49 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Friday, June 14, 2013 2:25:01 PM UTC-7, Shraga wrote:

an obvious symptom of someone who was duped and/or brainwashed.

... says the guy who never even visited it. Your hobby is making assertions about things that you know nothing about -- which is almost everything.

Priceless.

You just summed up quite nicely why you're not qualified to make any objective assessments about mountain biking.

Old June 18th 13, 06:56 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:47:09 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:48:49 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Friday, June 14, 2013 2:25:01 PM UTC-7, Shraga wrote: an obvious symptom of someone who was duped and/or brainwashed. ... says the guy who never even visited it. Your hobby is making assertions about things that you know nothing about -- which is almost everything. Priceless. You just summed up quite nicely why you're not qualified to make any objective assessments about mountain biking.

Why is that? You make no sense, as usual.
Old June 18th 13, 09:07 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike
external usenet poster

Vandeman you have no qualifications relating to environmental management, no real publications which means you have no credibility. What you have very successful in doing is showing your ignorance and promoting other people's pain like the Westbrook baptist church. In essence you are nothing but a cheap cartoon character.
Old June 19th 13, 12:13 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:07:14 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
Vandeman you have no qualifications relating to environmental management, no real publications which means you have no credibility. What you have very successful in doing is showing your ignorance and promoting other people's pain like the Westbrook baptist church. In essence you are nothing but a cheap cartoon character.

At least I tell the truth, unlike you mountain bikers! You are disgusting.