Ridiculous article in Daily Mail

Old November 15th 04, 01:57 PM
Brian Wakem

Default Ridiculous article in Daily Mail

"Commuters were facing chaos on the roads this morning as a cold snap spread
across much of the country.
Hundreds of gritters were out last night as the mercury fell below zero in
some areas."

--
Brian Wakem

Old November 15th 04, 01:58 PM
Brian Wakem

Sorry wrong newsgroup.

--
Brian Wakem

Old November 15th 04, 02:02 PM
Simonb

Brian Wakem wrote:

Sorry wrong newsgroup.

Ridiculous, I agree.

Pray tell, which would have been the /right/ newsgroup?

Old November 15th 04, 02:08 PM
Brian Wakem

"Simonb" wrote in message
Brian Wakem wrote:

Sorry wrong newsgroup.

Ridiculous, I agree.

Pray tell, which would have been the /right/ newsgroup?

uk.sci.weather

--
Brian Wakem

Old November 15th 04, 02:17 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:58:44 -0000, "Brian Wakem"
wrote:

Sorry wrong newsgroup.

No, no, we can all laugh at the foolish cagers whose mobile death
greenhouses grind to a standstill at the first sign of inclement
weather ;-)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old November 15th 04, 02:34 PM
Robert Bruce

Roedd Simonb wedi ysgrifennu:
Brian Wakem wrote:

Sorry wrong newsgroup.

Ridiculous, I agree.

Pray tell, which would have been the /right/ newsgroup?

alt.tautology

--
Rob

Please keep conversations in the newsgroup so that all may contribute
and benefit.

Old November 15th 04, 03:19 PM
MartinM

Brian Wakem wrote:
"Simonb" wrote in

message
Brian Wakem wrote:

Sorry wrong newsgroup.

below zero; that is cold! the Daily Mail always prints its summer "phew
wot a scorcher" temperatures in Fahrenheit so presumably they are using
the same scale here ;-)

Old November 15th 04, 04:38 PM
Succorso

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

No, no, we can all laugh at the foolish cagers whose mobile death
greenhouses grind to a standstill at the first sign of inclement
weather ;-)

Guy

Yes, but then they'll probably laugh at me as I go Arse over Tit on an
icy patch.

There's a *lot* of field runoff round here at the moment - a few days
near or below freezing and you get fascinating and challenging mounds of
highly polished ice all across the road. Great

--
Chris
Old November 15th 04, 04:48 PM
David Martin

On 15/11/04 4:38 pm, in article ,
"Succorso" wrote:

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

No, no, we can all laugh at the foolish cagers whose mobile death
greenhouses grind to a standstill at the first sign of inclement
weather ;-)

Guy

Yes, but then they'll probably laugh at me as I go Arse over Tit on an
icy patch.

There's a *lot* of field runoff round here at the moment - a few days
near or below freezing and you get fascinating and challenging mounds of
highly polished ice all across the road. Great

That is where a pair of these come in handy:

http://www.nokiantyres.com/bike/images/w106.jpg

Excellent on ice.

...d

Old November 15th 04, 04:55 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Yes, but then they'll probably laugh at me as I go Arse over Tit on an
icy patch.

There's a *lot* of field runoff round here at the moment - a few days
near or below freezing and you get fascinating and challenging mounds of
highly polished ice all across the road. Great

--
Chris

Could be interesting for Nathan when he cycles up to college tomorrow... Mind
you, according to the BBC weather web site, we are supposed to have a minimum
of 9C tonight. But the weather site has been known to get it wrong ;-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $