Chain drop device

Old July 25th 05, 03:33 PM

Default Chain drop device

What kind of chain watcher (the device that prevents a chain from
dropping on the inside of the small ring) fits on a 2001 Trek 5500?
Thanks.

Old July 25th 05, 05:52 PM
Tim Arnold

wrote in message
oups.com...
What kind of chain watcher (the device that prevents a chain from
dropping on the inside of the small ring) fits on a 2001 Trek 5500?
Thanks.

3rd eye chain watcher

http://www.webcyclery.com/product.ph...cat=387&page=1

Old July 25th 05, 07:25 PM

Tim Arnold wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
What kind of chain watcher (the device that prevents a chain from
dropping on the inside of the small ring) fits on a 2001 Trek 5500?
Thanks.

3rd eye chain watcher

http://www.webcyclery.com/product.ph...cat=387&page=1

Thanks. I couldn't tell from the site, but does the 3rd eye fit an
usually sized seat tube on an OCLV frame?

Old July 25th 05, 08:21 PM

wrote:
Tim Arnold wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
What kind of chain watcher (the device that prevents a chain from
dropping on the inside of the small ring) fits on a 2001 Trek 5500?
Thanks.

3rd eye chain watcher

http://www.webcyclery.com/product.ph...cat=387&page=1

Thanks. I couldn't tell from the site, but does the 3rd eye fit an
usually sized seat tube on an OCLV frame?

Correction: "unusually" sized seat tube

Old July 25th 05, 08:58 PM
Gary Kunstmann

Tim Arnold wrote:

wrote in message
egroups.com...

What kind of chain watcher (the device that prevents a chain from
dropping on the inside of the small ring) fits on a 2001 Trek 5500?
Thanks.

3rd eye chain watcher

http://www.webcyclery.com/product.ph...cat=387&page=1

Thanks. I couldn't tell from the site, but does the 3rd eye fit an
usually sized seat tube on an OCLV frame?

Correction: "unusually" sized seat tube

No. The products I have seen advertized will not work on an OCLV frame.
Cannot mount the device low enough due to contours near the BB.
Old July 25th 05, 11:58 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:52:03 -0400, "Tim Arnold"
wrote:
wrote in message
roups.com...
What kind of chain watcher (the device that prevents a chain from
dropping on the inside of the small ring) fits on a 2001 Trek 5500?

3rd eye chain watcher

http://www.webcyclery.com/product.ph...cat=387&page=1

I doubt that will fit the bike in question.

I made a device out of a rubber mount for a heart rate monitor that
fits that sort of frame:

http://www.jt10000.com//images/chainwatcher1.jpg
http://www.jt10000.com//images/chainwatcher2.jpg

It's held on with cable ties.

It works OK, but was/is hard to adjust the placement.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old July 26th 05, 01:25 AM
webforumuser

http://jtekengineering.com/dropstop.htm fits odd size/shape seat tube
bikes

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:58:25 -0700, Gary Kunstmann

Tim Arnold wrote:

legroups.com...

Old July 26th 05, 02:22 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:25:05 GMT, webforumuser
wrote:

http://jtekengineering.com/dropstop.htm

How do you adjust the position from side-to-side?

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old July 28th 05, 04:33 PM
Francesco Devittori

Gary Kunstmann wrote:

Tim Arnold wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

What kind of chain watcher (the device that prevents a chain from
dropping on the inside of the small ring) fits on a 2001 Trek 5500?
Thanks.

3rd eye chain watcher

http://www.webcyclery.com/product.ph...cat=387&page=1

Thanks. I couldn't tell from the site, but does the 3rd eye fit an
usually sized seat tube on an OCLV frame?

Correction: "unusually" sized seat tube

No. The products I have seen advertized will not work on an OCLV frame.
Cannot mount the device low enough due to contours near the BB.

The Deda Dog Fang with a zip tie could work.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...opera/IMG_0456

Francesco