Screaming Close To Home

Old June 19th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Screaming Close To Home

From a Dick Pound interview at
http://outside.away.com/outside/feat...interview.html

You've been on the receiving end of intense criticism. A lawyer for U.S.
track star Marion Jones-whose name came up in the BALCO doping scandal-once
accused you of "a litany of anti-American smears" and said you had "no
business being involved in the Olympics." Does that get to you?
No. I have to look at what they're saying, who they are, what they
represent, and then start parsing it. The louder they scream, the more
likely it is that you've hit pretty close to home.

Old June 19th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

B. Lafferty wrote:
From a Dick Pound interview at
http://outside.away.com/outside/feat...interview.html

You've been on the receiving end of intense criticism. A lawyer for U.S.
track star Marion Jones-whose name came up in the BALCO doping scandal-once
accused you of "a litany of anti-American smears" and said you had "no
business being involved in the Olympics." Does that get to you?
No. I have to look at what they're saying, who they are, what they
represent, and then start parsing it. The louder they scream, the more
likely it is that you've hit pretty close to home.

So that means we all were right about Howard Dean being one of the
planets biggest assholes with his screaming.
Bill C

Old June 19th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

B. Lafferty wrote:
From a Dick Pound interview at
http://outside.away.com/outside/feat...interview.html

You've been on the receiving end of intense criticism. A lawyer for U.S.
track star Marion Jones-whose name came up in the BALCO doping scandal-once
accused you of "a litany of anti-American smears" and said you had "no
business being involved in the Olympics." Does that get to you?
No. I have to look at what they're saying, who they are, what they
represent, and then start parsing it. The louder they scream, the more
likely it is that you've hit pretty close to home.

Thaen god forbid those people who've been railroaded by cops, cheated
by businesses and people, all those civil rights folks. They made a lot
of noise so they obviously were all wrong. Too bad I wasn't aware that
making people complain menat they were the problem.
Thanks for the wisdom Mr. Pound, sheds a lot of light on his attitude.
Not that we didn't already know it.
Rape 'em and when they scream, blame them.
Bill C

Old June 19th 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bill C wrote:
B. Lafferty wrote:
From a Dick Pound interview at
[...]

Final note!!!
Yes, I'm being WAY over the top on purpose because so is Pound. His
bahavior makes Darryl Gates, and Gordon Liddy look good.
Bill C

Old June 20th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...

B. Lafferty wrote:
From a Dick Pound interview at
http://outside.away.com/outside/feat...interview.html

You've been on the receiving end of intense criticism. A lawyer for U.S.
track star Marion Jones-whose name came up in the BALCO doping
scandal-once
accused you of "a litany of anti-American smears" and said you had "no
business being involved in the Olympics." Does that get to you?
No. I have to look at what they're saying, who they are, what they
represent, and then start parsing it. The louder they scream, the more
likely it is that you've hit pretty close to home.

So that means we all were right about Howard Dean being one of the
planets biggest assholes with his screaming.
Bill C

Plenty of us knew he was an asshole long before "the scream." ;-)

Old June 20th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

In article
et,
"B. Lafferty" wrote:

From a Dick Pound interview at
http://outside.away.com/outside/feat...interview.html

You've been on the receiving end of intense criticism. A lawyer for U.S.
track star Marion Jones-whose name came up in the BALCO doping scandal-once
accused you of "a litany of anti-American smears" and said you had "no
business being involved in the Olympics." Does that get to you?
No. I have to look at what they're saying, who they are, what they
represent, and then start parsing it. The louder they scream, the more
likely it is that you've hit pretty close to home.

-- Fray Tomas de Torquemada

--
Michael Press
Old June 20th 06, 08:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

B. Lafferty wrote:
Screaming close to home sounds like a horror movie. Another sequel to
Silence of the Lambs perhaps ?

Old June 21st 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Donald Munro wrote:
B. Lafferty wrote:
Screaming close to home sounds like a horror movie. Another sequel to
Silence of the Lambs perhaps ?

Yep, it's a horror movie alright. Set in the DC suburbs on Nov 8, 2006.

Folding @ Home update! unisteve Unicycling 48 February 22nd 04 12:19 PM
Eddie B loses home Dave Racing 47 October 31st 03 12:05 AM
Home Improvements - For Bikes!? hippy Australia 42 August 25th 03 03:02 AM
Mechanical breakdown and walk home j browe Recumbent Biking 34 July 7th 03 07:12 PM