Pavement motorist injure three and then crashes into the wall ofa house.

Old February 7th 12, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Richard McKenzie

Default Pavement motorist injure three and then crashes into the wall ofa house.

On Feb 7, 7:06*am, Doug wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the driver can use the snow and ice
as an excuse.

"Three hurt in Bishop Auckland crash

6th February, 2012

Accident investigators are appealing for witnesses to an incident in
Bishop Auckland at the weekend which saw three pedestrians injured
after they were struck by a car.

It happened at 5.30pm on Saturday, 4th February on Eldon Bank in the
town as a blue Ford Fiesta was heading north towards Eldon crossroads.
Due to the icy conditions the driver of the Fiesta, a 34-year-old
local woman was unable to slow down sufficiently to avoid colliding
with three teenagers who were walking on the nearside footpath.

The three were then either carried on the bonnet of the car or dragged
alongside it for around 40 metres before the car collided with a
Vauxhall Insignia which was parked on the roadside.

The Vauxhall then in turn collided with a parked silver Peugeot 807,
before the Fiesta ended up crashing into metal fencing and the wall of
no 5 Eldon Bank.

The three pedestrians were all from the Eldon area, the most seriously
hurt being a 19-year-old who suffered serious injuries to both legs,
hips and his pelvis. He underwent surgery at Darlington Memorial
Hospital at the weekend and has now been transferred to its ITU
department.

The others, both aged 18 sustained broken legs and were kept in at
Darlington Memorial where they were due to have surgery. The driver of
the Fiesta was unhurt and neither of the other two cars were occupied
at the time.

Police say the road conditions at the time were extremely icy as a
result of heavy snowfall and the road was closed to traffic from 6pm
to 8.50pm while the vehicles were recovered from the scene.

Any witnesses are asked to contact the force's collision investigation
unit on 0191 375 2159.

http://www.durham.police.uk/press/ne...ea=2&station=8

-- .
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Doug, maybe i am missing something or maybe its you but are you
implying that we should get rid of the motorvehicle.

How do you propose your food gets to store, horse and cart?

I think you will find in New York pre-motor car it was horrendous,
alot more dangerous that it is today.

Old February 7th 12, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Partac[_6_]

"Richard McKenzie" wrote in message

On Feb 7, 7:06 am, Doug wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the driver can use the snow and ice
as an excuse.
Any witnesses are asked to contact the force's collision investigation

unit on 0191 375 2159.

http://www.durham.police.uk/press/ne...ea=2&station=8

-- .
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Doug, maybe i am missing something or maybe its you but are you
implying that we should get rid of the motorvehicle.

How do you propose your food gets to store, horse and cart?

I think you will find in New York pre-motor car it was horrendous,
alot more dangerous that it is today.

Thinking and logic have never been Doug's strong points. He's quite good at
ranting and waffling, though.

Old February 7th 12, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Richard McKenzie

On Feb 7, 7:06 am, Doug wrote:

It will be interesting to see if the driver can use the snow and ice
as an excuse.
Any witnesses are asked to contact the force's collision investigation

unit on 0191 375 2159.

http://www.durham.police.uk/press/ne...ea=2&station=8

-- .
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Doug, maybe i am missing something or maybe its you but are you
implying that we should get rid of the motorvehicle.

How do you propose your food gets to store, horse and cart?

I think you will find in New York pre-motor car it was horrendous,
alot more dangerous that it is today.

Thinking and logic have never been Doug's strong points. He's quite good at
ranting and waffling, though.

akin to Malcolm and Cressida Wright-Pratt / the modern parents in Viz
Old February 8th 12, 01:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
R. Mark Clayton

On Feb 7, 7:06 am, Doug wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the driver can use the snow and ice
as an excuse.

"Three hurt in Bishop Auckland crash

6th February, 2012

Accident investigators are appealing for witnesses to an incident in
Bishop Auckland at the weekend which saw three pedestrians seriously
injured
after they were struck by a car.

Sad, sub jidicae, but my guess is that the police will be lookin at whether
the driver was going [far] too fast for the conditions.

-- .
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Doug, maybe i am missing something or maybe its you but are you
implying that we should get rid of the motorvehicle.

How do you propose your food gets to store, horse and cart?

I think you will find in New York pre-motor car it was horrendous,
alot more dangerous that it is today.

Well not just New York - Glasgow too

Famously
"In August 1865, Lister applied a piece of lint dipped in carbolic acid
solution onto the wound of an eleven year old boy at Glasgow Infirmary, who
had sustained a compound fracture after a cart wheel had passed over his
leg. After four days, he renewed the pad and discovered that no infection
had developed, and after a total of six weeks he was amazed to discover that
the boy's bones had fused back together, without the danger of suppuration.
"

Prior to this amputation would have been the normal treatment.

Old February 8th 12, 07:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Doug[_3_]

On Feb 7, 7:06 am, Doug wrote:

It will be interesting to see if the driver can use the snow and ice
as an excuse.

"Three hurt in Bishop Auckland crash

6th February, 2012

Accident investigators are appealing for witnesses to an incident in
Bishop Auckland at the weekend which saw three pedestrians seriously
injured
after they were struck by a car.

Sad, sub jidicae, but my guess is that the police will be lookin at whether
the driver was going [far] too fast for the conditions.

Doug, maybe i am missing something or maybe its you but are you
implying that we should get rid of the motorvehicle.

No I am implying that the danger posed by motor vehicles is downplayed
generally and accepted pragmatically as a norm just because of the
widespread use of motor vehicles. In almost any other circumstance
killing someone is treated very seriously and is punished accordingly.
Much the same happens with vehicle exhausts, the volume of which is
vastly greater and more dangerous than cigarette smoke.

Old February 8th 12, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Norman Wells[_11_]

Doug wrote:

No I am implying that the danger posed by motor vehicles is downplayed
generally and accepted pragmatically as a norm just because of the
widespread use of motor vehicles. In almost any other circumstance
killing someone is treated very seriously and is punished accordingly.

You're right, Doug. There ought to be a law against it.

Much the same happens with vehicle exhausts, the volume of which is
vastly greater and more dangerous than cigarette smoke.

Source? Cite?

Old February 8th 12, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Tony Dragon

On 08/02/2012 07:12, Doug wrote:
On Feb 8, 1:45 am, "R. Mark
wrote:
"Richard wrote in message

On Feb 7, 7:06 am, wrote:

[...]

Well of course medical science has improved but how can this be used
as an excuse for death and injury by motor vehicle?

--
A driving licence is not a licence to kill, never has been, even Doug admits it.

Thank you for your input, Doug-Weapon.
Old February 8th 12, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
jnugent

On 08/02/2012 07:12, Doug wrote:
On Feb 8, 1:45 am, "R. Mark
wrote:
"Richard wrote in message

On Feb 7, 7:06 am, wrote:

It will be interesting to see if the driver can use the snow and ice
as an excuse.

"Three hurt in Bishop Auckland crash

6th February, 2012

Accident investigators are appealing for witnesses to an incident in
Bishop Auckland at the weekend which saw three pedestrians seriously
injured
after they were struck by a car.

Sad, sub jidicae, but my guess is that the police will be lookin at whether
the driver was going [far] too fast for the conditions.

Doug, maybe i am missing something or maybe its you but are you
implying that we should get rid of the motorvehicle.

No I am implying that the danger posed by motor vehicles is downplayed
generally and accepted pragmatically as a norm just because of the
widespread use of motor vehicles.

Do you mean [shock... horror...] that there is an element of *democracy* at play?
Old February 9th 12, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Feb 8, 9:19*am, "Norman Wells" wrote:
Doug wrote:
No I am implying that the danger posed by motor vehicles is downplayed
generally and accepted pragmatically as a norm just because of the
widespread use of motor vehicles. In almost any other circumstance
killing someone is treated very seriously and is punished accordingly.

You're right, Doug. *There ought to be a law against it.

Much the same happens with vehicle exhausts, the volume of which is
vastly greater and more dangerous than cigarette smoke.

Source? *Cite?

Site?
London of course.

--
Simon Mason
Old February 9th 12, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Partac[_6_]

Doug wrote:
No I am implying that the danger posed by motor vehicles is downplayed
generally and accepted pragmatically as a norm just because of the
widespread use of motor vehicles. In almost any other circumstance
killing someone is treated very seriously and is punished accordingly.

You're right, Doug. There ought to be a law against it.

Much the same happens with vehicle exhausts, the volume of which is
vastly greater and more dangerous than cigarette smoke.

Source? Cite?

Site?
London of course.

--
Simon Mason

Bit of major diversionary wriggling going on there I think.