Will it open on time

Old May 15th 12, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

Default Will it open on time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQJ_pMnO-GU#!

I said it would be open by 21 June. No one took me up on my offer of a
modest wager.

Time is running out...
Old May 15th 12, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 15/05/2012 16:36, Bertie Wooster wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQJ_pMnO-GU#!

I said it would be open by 21 June. No one took me up on my offer of a
modest wager.

Time is running out...

Neat animation. Certainly as good as The Jetsons used to be, or Futurama.

Any word on when the real thing will be available?

Or the fare levels?

Old May 15th 12, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Tue, 15 May 2012 17:05:01 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

On 15/05/2012 16:36, Bertie Wooster wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQJ_pMnO-GU#!

I said it would be open by 21 June. No one took me up on my offer of a
modest wager.

Time is running out...

Neat animation. Certainly as good as The Jetsons used to be, or Futurama.

Any word on when the real thing will be available?

TfL only say "summer 2012".
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...mes/15959.aspx

This video was shot 4 days ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0OHLF0FQDg
It looks ready to me.

Or the fare levels?

Anything greater than £0 would be unfair, as motorists can cross under
the river for free. Pedestrians and cyclists are banned from the
Blackwall Tunnel.
Old May 15th 12, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

On 15/05/2012 16:36, Bertie Wooster wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQJ_pMnO-GU#!

I said it would be open by 21 June. No one took me up on my offer of a
modest wager.

Time is running out...

Neat animation. Certainly as good as The Jetsons used to be, or Futurama.

Any word on when the real thing will be available?

TfL only say "summer 2012".
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...mes/15959.aspx

This video was shot 4 days ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0OHLF0FQDg
It looks ready to me.

Or the fare levels?

Anything greater than £0 would be unfair, as motorists can cross under
the river for free. Pedestrians and cyclists are banned from the
Blackwall Tunnel.

Motorists pay Road Tax so nothing is free.

University
Old May 15th 12, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

On 15/05/2012 16:36, Bertie Wooster wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQJ_pMnO-GU#!

I said it would be open by 21 June. No one took me up on my offer of a
modest wager.

Time is running out...

Neat animation. Certainly as good as The Jetsons used to be, or Futurama.

Any word on when the real thing will be available?

TfL only say "summer 2012".
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...mes/15959.aspx

This video was shot 4 days ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0OHLF0FQDg
It looks ready to me.

Or the fare levels?

Anything greater than £0 would be unfair, as motorists can cross under
the river for free. Pedestrians and cyclists are banned from the
Blackwall Tunnel.

Motorists pay Road Tax so nothing is free.

Audi A1
Audi A3
BMW New 1 Series
Fiat New Panda
Ford Fiesta
Toyota Yaris
Vauxhall Corsa
Vauxhall Astra
Volkswagen Up!
Volkswagen Golf

Old May 15th 12, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

On 15/05/2012 16:36, Bertie Wooster wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQJ_pMnO-GU#!

I said it would be open by 21 June. No one took me up on my offer of a
modest wager.

Time is running out...

Neat animation. Certainly as good as The Jetsons used to be, or Futurama.
Any word on when the real thing will be available?

TfL only say "summer 2012".
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...mes/15959.aspx

Well, summer isn't here yet.

This video was shot 4 days ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0OHLF0FQDg
It looks ready to me.

I remember thinking that about more than one stretch of the
built-but-not-then-open-to-traffic M25.

Or the fare levels?

Anything greater than £0 would be unfair, as motorists can cross under
the river for free. Pedestrians and cyclists are banned from the
Blackwall Tunnel.

Do you say that the company who have built it and will operate it should
carry all passengers free, or just those with bikes about their persons?

If the former, how will they repay their considerable investment and cover
the equally daunting operating costs?

If the latter, does that imply that non-cycling passengers (usually known as
"pedestrians") should subsidise cyclists?

Come on, bearing in mind what it would cost in a cab between those two
points, it's got to be worth eight quid (each way) of anyone's money - even
yours, surely?
Old May 15th 12, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

On 15/05/2012 16:36, Bertie Wooster wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQJ_pMnO-GU#!

I said it would be open by 21 June. No one took me up on my offer of a
modest wager.

Time is running out...

Neat animation. Certainly as good as The Jetsons used to be, or Futurama.

Any word on when the real thing will be available?

TfL only say "summer 2012".
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...mes/15959.aspx

This video was shot 4 days ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0OHLF0FQDg
It looks ready to me.

Or the fare levels?

Anything greater than £0 would be unfair, as motorists can cross under
the river for free. Pedestrians and cyclists are banned from the
Blackwall Tunnel.

Motorists pay Road Tax so nothing is free.

And there is also the little matter of a minimum of about 8p a mile in other
taxes. And insurance premium tax.
Old May 16th 12, 06:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On May 15, 10:48*pm, Bertie Wooster wrote:

Anything greater than £0 would be unfair, as motorists can cross under
the river for free. Pedestrians and cyclists are banned from the
Blackwall Tunnel.

Motorists pay Road Tax so nothing is free.

Audi * * * * * *A1
Audi * * * * * *A3
BMW * * * * * * New 1 Series
Fiat * * * * * *New Panda
Ford * * * * * *Fiesta
Toyota * * * * *Yaris
Vauxhall * * * *Corsa
Vauxhall * * * *Astra
Volkswagen * * *Up!
Volkswagen * * *Golf

Don't forget this Citroen as well!

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/roadtax.jpg

--
Simon Mason
Old May 16th 12, 07:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

The Emirates Air Line is 0.61 miles long. Rounded up to the nearest
penny, that would make a charge of 5p. Assuming the average car weighs
1000Kg and the average human 75Kg the charge should be 1p (rounded up
from 0.366p).
Old May 16th 12, 08:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

it was originally said to be about 5 pounds per trip. and at that rate
would make a loss of 5 million per year. So the 'prestige' of having a
cablecar will cost the taxpayers of London quite a bit.