unicycle = chick magnet

Old January 16th 04, 12:45 AM
muniracer

Default unicycle = chick magnet

speaking of old ladies making dumb comments, i was riding with my bro
who was on his b*ke. he was clearing some stairs and there was a little
boy trying to learn to ride a bike for the first time. he was sooo
excited to see my bro lurch and hop on two wheels that he told his
grandmother (probably his grandmother) something along the lines of,
"wow, now i really want to ride!" the wench leaned over and in a coarse
whisper said (i could hear but bro could not), "you see that boy, he is
mean! he is mean! he shouldnt do tricks when kids are around! he is
mean!" the boy looked heartbroken as his newfound hero was labelled
cruel.

strangely, the boy was less impressed to see me do similar stuff on a
uni.

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

Old January 16th 04, 12:52 AM
gerblefranklin

mscalisi wrote:
*

When I ride in Berkeley, people call me "pinkman"...which is too bad
cause he's a gazillion times better than me (and stranger too!). *

I got called pinkman junior, even though pinkman's famous for his spins,
while I never spin, just jump, and basic freestyle (wheelwalk, and
such).

--
gerblefranklin

I don't break equipment, I make it cheaper.

Old January 16th 04, 12:58 AM
johnglazer

hahaha Trip, I remember that! What a crazy lady.

--
johnglazer - member of the Hell On Wheel gang

Where is Donnie?
johnglazer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3714

Old January 16th 04, 01:02 AM
mscalisi

LOL, That's funny!

gerblefranklin wrote:
*

I got called pinkman junior, even though pinkman's famous for his
spins, while I never spin, just jump, and basic freestyle (wheelwalk,
and such). *

--
mscalisi - Not such a newbie anymore
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

Old January 16th 04, 07:53 AM
Klaas Bil

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:03:08 -0600, mscalisi
wrote:

When I ride in Berkeley, people call me "pinkman"...which is too bad
cause he's a gazillion times better than me (and stranger too!).

I think Pink Man does not have a totally undisputed reputation.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
I have a feeling you might need two points of contact with the ground for such a thing to work? Or at least training wheels on the front and rear. - John Foss commenting on a picture of a one-wheeled vehicle he saw on RSU.

Old January 16th 04, 08:21 PM
AccordNSX

I think the people that aren't riding are the insane ones. You get asked
so many odd questions anymore that it's hard to answer all of them
without offending someone. I had a set of 3 younger girls ask me if it
was hard to ride. I replied with a simple "It just takes some practice."
And they thought I was being rude about it.
Another gentleman asked me how far could I ride. I told him until I fell
off.

--
AccordNSX - Adam Coast Choppers

If I had a signature, would you forge it?
AccordNSX's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/541

Old January 17th 04, 12:12 AM
pete66

"How do you ride that thing?"

"mainly luck..."

--
pete66 - Level 3 Unicyclist
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

Old January 17th 04, 08:31 PM
uniextreme

In the downtown area where I live there is a bar I used ot ride by.
Many people have the same comments but sometimes if im sitting across
the street people come over and want to ride it. 2 guys were able to
ride it which I was very impressed and one was almsost able to side
hop up a curb. One time these 2 men even bet because one guy thought
he could do it and the other didnt believe him. Also unfourtuatley a
250 pound+ man wanted to ride It, I said no untill a huge group of
people came out to watch him. He couldnt ride.

I was just downtown again riding when this guy is like " I bet I could
ride that thing." this guy was huge like 6'3" 250 punds. Im thinkin
theres is no way in hell this person could ride my uni cause im like 5'4
or 5'5 and my seat is low for me so it would be really low for this guy.
So when he said that im like ok 5 bucks. I didnt even have 5 bucks but
figured he wouldnt even ride it. He did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I was so
impressed and down 5 bucks.

--
uniextreme - Funkadelic Unicyclist

Im riding a unicycle with my pants down, this should be everyboys dream-
Bart Simspon
uniextreme's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4708

Old January 18th 04, 02:38 PM
joe

It does get the girls talking!

When I do trials, quite a few people stand and watch, or come and talk
to me. Either girls, or lads who are into bike trials or BMX. I think
they are put off with the amount of sweat dripping from under my helmet
though!

I have just finished a pantomime at the theatre in my town. It was
Goldilocks and the three bears. I was doing backstage for Act 1, and in
Act 2 I was in the circus scene on my uni.
My routine was basicly ride on, a few spins, one legged riding, 180, 360
and wheel walking on my freestyle, and then faking on my giraffe,
finishing with idling at the end to a really great applause!
It was really great to be part of (it was my first one) and the uni was
a great convo starter (bearing in mind there was only one other lad in
the chorus/dancers (and he was going out with the girl that played
Richard) - the rest were around my age, and girls ) Needless to say I
am now going out with a really nice lass I met there

Joe,

--
joe - Using the brake in anger!!

www.cool.unicyclist.com
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

Old January 18th 04, 04:08 PM
Rayden

Needless to say...

--
Rayden
Rayden's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/264

surfing on a unicycle, tips and tricks... paulie pavlic Unicycling 10 November 15th 03 10:38 PM
NZ Unicycle Weekend GizmoDuck Unicycling 6 November 3rd 03 07:37 AM
New Unicycle types! XWonka Unicycling 16 October 15th 03 08:54 PM
My first unicycle showard Unicycling 1 October 3rd 03 06:20 AM