Tasmanian helmet laws?

Old March 3rd 04, 06:44 PM
John Henderson

Default Tasmanian helmet laws?

"Bradley C. Goldsmith" wrote:

I am fairly new to the apple isle and was wondering if
anyone could advise me whether helmets for bicycles are
compulsory or not?

They're compulsory in all states and territories. I don't
remember the full details, but the federal government forced the
issue years ago by tying grants to the passing of the
legislation. They all complied.

John

Old March 3rd 04, 10:10 PM
cfsmtb

Default Q: Tasmanian helmet laws?

Might be a link or further info he

http://www.biketas.org.au/BikeTas/

http://www.justice.tas.gov.au/newca/...info/buying_b-
icycle.htm

http://www.transport.tas.gov.au/road...t_tas/arr.html

Old March 4th 04, 12:59 AM
Tony

Must be expensive having to but 2 helmets down there :-)

Old March 4th 04, 01:50 AM
flyingdutch

beat me 2 it, tony!

Old March 4th 04, 02:07 AM
John Doe

"Tony" wrote in message
Must be expensive having to but 2 helmets down there :-)

boom boom.

Old March 4th 04, 03:00 AM
Tony

Just had to do it.

Old March 4th 04, 11:47 AM
cfsmtb

Bradley C. Gold wrote:
Sorry - I'm from NSW. I'm only here for the real estate -bcg

Damn, fooled me. Originally from Tas, but in Vic not for the real
estate. Much prefer riding a pedally over here though. Four eyes very
handy while cycling in heavy traffic.

Old March 4th 04, 07:40 PM
flyingdutch

er, hate to tell you Brad. but you werent in the right place at all

Righthand - lane good. righthand indicating - good righthand side o
lane - not goo

you should either be in the left hand half or preferably th
centre of i

Glossing over your particualr scenario of the diver going thru the re
you are basically setting yourself up as what you will do is enter th
intersection, go thru it and then need to cross in front of the car a
he too goes thru it. As you both are now thru he is left to scream a
silly cyclist who is now on right when you should be on lef

If your doing a Uturn, fine. otherwiseyou/he shoulda swapped position
(with him preferably being behind you

-

Old March 4th 04, 09:04 PM
Jens Herrmann

Hello,
i am from Germany and i survived 8000 km without a helmet trough
Australia last year. ;-)
I do not want to start a new helmet-flame-war-thread here as it happens
in german newsgroups when somebody writes that helmets are/are not
reasonable.
The question i just want to ask you is: How does the majority of
Australien people think about the helmet law? Do most cyclists support
the law or not?

Regards
Jens
Old March 5th 04, 12:41 AM
John Doe

"Jens Herrmann" wrote in message
Hello,
i am from Germany and i survived 8000 km without a helmet trough
Australia last year. ;-)
I do not want to start a new helmet-flame-war-thread here as it happens
in german newsgroups when somebody writes that helmets are/are not
reasonable.
The question i just want to ask you is: How does the majority of
Australien people think about the helmet law? Do most cyclists support
the law or not?

Regards
Jens

I just do what I am told. I do not have the money or the education to
undertake a study of my own to make a valid decision. I have to trust
(rightly or wrongly) what I am told by other people. Some will swear that
its more dangerous others less.

Strangely I know someone that swears that smoking is not bad for your health
and can site me all sorts of studies to back this up. Although the majority
say otherwise he is willing to take the word of a few to make his decision.
Just a case of denial my bet.

Pete